Pre-Game Talk: Pregame Round 2 game 2 thread.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
I got it! We were saving goals for later and more important games! Last nights game may have just proved that. Why win like 10-1 when you can save some goals for later. Great strategy. I'm no coach, so that's why I probably didn't see the minimalistic scoring a one. So now that we have goals to spare, next games will be easier. Cool. Have a good one everyone who likes a good one.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Well, this is my 999th post, hopefully it brings luck to you :yo:JERKS!:yo:

p.s. Incidentally, i also became a fan of @ MrazeksVengeance after reading his Canes thread on the Pens board. :laugh:

Welcome aboard! As I posted earlier, it's strange but nice cheering alongside some of you pens fans lol. this is NOT a knock on the fanbase at all it's just an easy team to "hate on" because they've been so good so long.

Anyway, glad to have you here! I too hope you bring us some more good luck ;)

eta: can't emphasize enough how GLAD I am that we are not playing the Isles @ the Coliseum. someone on the league thread posted that their record there vs barclays was similar, but I honestly couldn't imagine Barclays could provide the same playoff atmosphere as Nassau.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
66c.jpg

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Who the hell thinks Aho is attractive.

::colleccts belongings and heads to this thread:: lol as I a straight female sports fan I've always thought about things like this but haven't wanted to start a thread myself ahah.

Also, re: Aho,

1. He's the kind of guy that young / tween girls go wild over. Just look at 1 Direction, Harry Styles etc.

2. Isn't he basically a "twink"---pretty sure a lot of men would love some Aho loving too lol.

ETA: I can't speak for all straight female sports fans, but as a rule--while I definitely appreciate how attractive athletic men in their prime are--that is NOT the basis of my being a fan of theirs. To me the "hottest" characteristic is being excellent at a sport. Looking great while doing it is just gravy lol. (exhibit A--I was oddly attracted to Eli Manning when he won us those two super bowls (we'll ignore the rest of his career) although objectively speaking he --whilte not unattractive--was far from the most attractive on the team. B. Pete Sampras was my first crush ever before I realized what crushes are. Again, not winning any modeling contracts, but excellent).

Last edited:

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
::colleccts belongings and heads to this thread:: lol as I a straight female sports fan I've always thought about things like this but haven't wanted to start a thread myself ahah.

Also, re: Aho,

1. He's the kind of guy that young / tween girls go wild over. Just look at 1 Direction, Harry Styles etc.

2. Isn't he basically a "twink"---pretty sure a lot of men would love some Aho loving too lol.

Twink obviously doesn't mean what I knew it to mean in my EQ days... Toon that had gear they didn't earn. I will gladly stay ignorant.

jerksforlife

Apr 22, 2019
I am strangely calm this series. As in no anxiousness regardless the score. I sense the same from our threads too. I don’t know if it’s because we’ve exceeded expectations or if it’s a quiet confidence.

I’m starting to actually expect wins regardless who’s playing and it feels... foreign. Tell me I’m not alone.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I am strangely calm this series. As in no anxiousness regardless the score. I sense the same from our threads too. I don’t know if it’s because we’ve exceeded expectations or if it’s a quiet confidence.

I’m starting to actually expect wins regardless who’s playing and it feels... foreign. Tell me I’m not alone.

The Islanders don't have the Caps firepower, so they're not as "scary." Don't get me wrong, they're just as good. The difference over 82 games this season from Washington (104 points) to the Islanders (103) was (obviously) one point. But we had 99, so there's really not much difference between all three teams. But between the Caps' status as defending champ and their elite-level scorers, there was a different vibe surrounding them.

When the Caps beat you, it's like getting shot at close range. When the Islanders beat you, it's like getting nibbled to death by ducks.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles

Feel the same way.

Partly the Canes already exceeding my expectations and partly because I think we match up really well with the Islanders. And partly because were 51-24-11 against the Islanders — Ive always looked forward to Canes/Isles games in the regular season.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

SAME!

Honestly, and I mean this sincerely, I'm still not over Game 7 lol! This is all like some weird wonderland I've stumbled into...all gravy.

First of all, this team has already exceeded my wish for the season. I posted earlier that if they managed to come back and beat the Caps that would be like my Super bowl. And it was. one of my top sports memories, even counting quite a few championships I've been blessed to see.

Second, I have so much confidence in the resilience of this team. All I ever wanted was ideally a split of the first two games and even if we went down 0-2 again after the last series I wouldn't have panicked.

We have an actual chance of going back to Raleigh up 2-0! that is INSANE to me. I'm just so happy and proud of this team. Truly on cloud 900!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad