Pregame or other meals of players

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Share funny or otherwise interesting videos, pictures or stories of players meals of their pregame or other meals. To start, the recent Erik Karlsson and his "ranch problem" as i would describe it:

Another one that comes to mind is John Carlson's interview about Ovechkin on Spittin Chiclets about if he is a "sauce crosser":

And former NHL'er Jori Lehterä's pregame meal from Finland last year, "Pasta, bolognese, chicken, and a "veil" (most likely some kind of cream sauce):

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
GenoGif-20105050.gif

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
No one has any funny stories or pics or vids about players meals? Also very interesting that no one commented about Lehterä's pregame meal, because if i ate that much i couldnt walk let alone play.

Attachments

• ovisub.jpeg
    ovisub.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I know for a fact that a lot of finnish players are moving from pasta to rice, im not sure what thats all about. The only NHL player i got on my whatsapp i messaged and told him to do wholegrain pasta instead of rice, but havent got any answer on it.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
I know for a fact that a lot of finnish players are moving from pasta to rice, im not sure what thats all about. The only NHL player i got on my whatsapp i messaged and told him to do wholegrain pasta instead of rice, but havent got any answer on it.
Pre-competition is one of the rare instances where it’s preferable to go for simple carbs over complex carbohydrates like whole wheat pasta/bread. The rationale being that whole grains are bulkier/more fibrous and harder to digest than simple carbs.

Reactions: gritdash60

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
The thinking is to get sugar in you body so you can build up your glycogen levels in your muacle that is a reserve energy your body will use so that you can be active and durable for longer rather than eating steak and fats that has a longer chain ot action that consumes your bodys energy to break down.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad