Pre-Game Talk: Pregame canesisles game 3

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Also, Tripp just called Ferland disappointing again. The knives are out.

This is a little offputting. I wish he would stop. It's one thing to say Ferland seems to be injury-prone and not a wise long-term investments. It's another thing entirely to be questioning his manhood/toughness the way he has been.

On top of that everybody knows that Tripp very much tends to toe the company line so it looks like Brindy/Waddell or whoever is badmouthing Ferland behind closed doors and I don't like that either.

Don't care much about Ferland myself, but it's not a great look for the team to have Tripp openly bashing a player - any player

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
This is a little offputting. I wish he would stop. It's one thing to say Ferland seems to be injury-prone and not a wise long-term investments. It's another thing entirely to be questioning his manhood/toughness the way he has been.

On top of that everybody knows that Tripp very much tends to toe the company line so it looks like Brindy/Waddell or whoever is badmouthing Ferland behind closed doors and I don't like that either.

Don't care much about Ferland myself, but it's not a great look for the team to have Tripp openly bashing a player - any player

Yeah it feels the Semin situation all over again. Tripp wouldnt say this publicly if it was just him.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think it'd be closer to Tripp knows he's unlikely to be in our long term plans and he's being a dink about it. I feel like he started bad mouth Skinner when it became somewhat obvious he wouldn't be back. I hope Ferland comes back and makes a big impact and directs a big finger to Tripp.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Another good sign is that the official twitter account retweeted this:

Also, lol, @ that headline: "Three Canes Nearing Return....as Team Loses Three Others to Injury." :laugh:

I mean, I know the injuries suck.

But as long as Mrazek is day to day and is probably going to return shortly, bringing in Svech, Martinook, and Ferland while losing TVR, Sakku, and at least for today, Mrazek is at worst a wash, and potentially a boost for us when you consider what it will do for our offense.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I have to watch that movie.
I'm not much for patriotism but in this case i believe it's a duty, especially if you're into hockey, it's second close to SlapShot in my book.
beerfest-screeningjpg.jpg

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

Best accents ever. This should’ve started WWIII.

German drinking is overrated.

Bavaria might be the last bastion of German drinking.

And even in beer Czechs beat them per capita. If we compare spirits, they are done in advance.

Average Czech is very likely an alcoholic in majority of the countries in the world. Which can yield both glorious and sad results.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
German drinking is overrated.

Bavaria might be the last bastion of German drinking.

And even in beer Czechs beat them per capita. If we compare spirits, they are done in advance.

Average Czech is very likely an alcoholic in majority of the countries in the world. Which can yield both glorious and sad results.

I for one was suitably impressed by a visiting Czech poster on F26 recently, who owned up being drunk at the time of his posting as it was Friday afternoon in Czech Republic. Not to apologize, but merely to acknowledge a state a fact so we all can try and work around it for the best forum experience for all.

But them again there was a British comedian pointing out once that Finns schedule their hangovers weeks ahead. We'd look our calendar when someone asked about something, and say that we can't that day, we're badly hungover. Funny cos true.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I for one was suitably impressed by a visiting Czech poster on F26 recently, who owned up being drunk at the time of his posting as it was Friday afternoon in Czech Republic. Not to apologize, but merely to acknowledge a state a fact so we all can try and work around it for the best forum experience for all.

But them again there was a British comedian pointing out once that Finns schedule their hangovers weeks ahead. We'd look our calendar when someone asked about something, and say that we can't that day, we're badly hungover. Funny cos true.

I was told by a Danish that Finns are just vodka-soaked Swedes.

Regarding myself... I spout so much stuff, that I don’t think drunk me is discernable from sober me.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I was told by a Danish that Finns are just vodka-soaked Swedes.

Regarding myself... I spout so much stuff, that I don’t think drunk me is discernable from sober me.
when I was traveling around the US living in my car a bunch of years ago, I befriended a couple of Danes at a youth hostel in Santa Cruz, California. they were on leave from their military posting, which literally was as members of the Danish Royal Life Guard regiment.

anyways that's not as important as a conversation we had late that night after an ungodly amount of beers. they beamed with pride at a news clipping they were carrying in their luggage, which stated that as of the most recent study (this was in the early 2000s), it had been determined that Danes had finally overtaken Finns as the drunkest national population on planet earth.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
See that’s the thing. We drink, but we still stand tall. Also I prefer per capita consumption over drunkedness.
when I was traveling around the US living in my car a bunch of years ago, I befriended a couple of Danes at a youth hostel in Santa Cruz, California. they were on leave from their military posting, which literally was as members of the Danish Royal Life Guard regiment.

anyways that's not as important as a conversation we had late that night after an ungodly amount of beers. they beamed with pride at a news clipping they were carrying in their luggage, which stated that as of the most recent study (this was in the early 2000s), it had been determined that Danes had finally overtaken Finns as the drunkest national population on planet earth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad