Pre-Game Talk: Pregame canesisles game 3

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
This "bad puck luck" narrative from the Isles is laughable. If a little bad puck luck (ignores slavin tip in, I guess) is all it takes to lose at home to a injury plagued team playing okay hockey, what's going to happen when you're on the road against a healthier team and they play well?

You'd think you'd want at least one decisive game, where you can even withstand a little bad luck, but were the better team, so you win anyway.

shhhhhh

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
lol @ losers using puck luck as an excuse.

Two-Headed Jerk here, one Pens & one Canes head. My new (& final unless Malkin gets traded) Avatar is Demogorgon from Ad&d who can also represent Pens two-headed monster (Crosby/Malkin).

Yeah i've decided to follow the Canes even after this epic run ends, i mean, you destroyed the Caps demons and are doing well against those Isles Creeps who swept Pens, that's already epic in my book.

Canes also remind me of Pens with their injury plague... Otherwise they're very different teams, especially this season, Canes work hard, skate hard with less talent while Pens were more like talented f***ing lazy zombies on the ice.

'Nuff said!

LET'S GO :yo:JERKS! :yo:

10 more Wins to go!

p.s. Hope the guys rested & a couple of them will be back. At this point it's not about drive, Canes can't be more motivated and they have nothing to lose but the health does matter for the long run.

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
This "bad puck luck" narrative from the Isles is laughable. If a little bad puck luck (ignores slavin tip in, I guess) is all it takes to lose at home to a injury plagued team playing okay hockey, what's going to happen when you're on the road against a healthier team and they play well?

You'd think you'd want at least one decisive game, where you can even withstand a little bad luck, but were the better team, so you win anyway.

LOL. I definitely believe "puck luck" is a thing. We had like literal ice angels out there for us last game lololol. That being said, I do agree, they keep talking about "deserving to win" etc...but I actually don't think they deserved to win (as if that even matters in the grand scheme of things). I think it's pretty inexcusable to let a team as battered and run down as ours steal two on the road from you like that. they seemed to be lacking an urgency that we--playing on fumes, a wing, and a prayer had.

Prime example for me was (I think was Nino?) beating out a crucial icing call late in the game. How do you let a guy that tired beat you out on that when you've had a week plus rest?

I don't know whats' going to happen for the rest of the series--hockey is a crazy sport (just look at Vegas last round lol),but I would assume the Canes would be playing better, not worse for the next two games.

PayPay

Apr 29, 2019
Greenville, NC
You can also take it to the next lvl... Hit the ping pong ball in an opponent's glass, he gets to chug his beer & you score a point for your team.
https_3A_2F_2Fimg.evbuc.com_2Fhttp_253A_252F_252Fcdn.evbuc.com_252Fimages_252F17727854_252F75350240185_252F1_252Foriginal.jpg_3Frect_3D0_252C0_252C600_252C300_26s_3D1734efd17badb3a80189f07682a91d2a

Watch the BeerFest movie to see more marvelous Beer games!
I have to watch that movie.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I hope the crowd goes buck wild in support of Svech. Would love for him to get amped up from this crowd and deliver a real game-breaker performance.

Obviously, he's got to get his a$$ kicked by somebody so we can rally around him again, but who?

@mods should we really allow people on our forum who don't know what beer pong is?

We let Penguins fans in now, so evidently, we have an open-door policy.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
LOL. I definitely believe "puck luck" is a thing. We had like literal ice angels out there for us last game lololol. That being said, I do agree, they keep talking about "deserving to win" etc...but I actually don't think they deserved to win (as if that even matters in the grand scheme of things). I think it's pretty inexcusable to let a team as battered and run down as ours steal two on the road from you like that. they seemed to be lacking an urgency that we--playing on fumes, a wing, and a prayer had.

Prime example for me was (I think was Nino?) beating out a crucial icing call late in the game. How do you let a guy that tired beat you out on that when you've had a week plus rest?

I don't know whats' going to happen for the rest of the series--hockey is a crazy sport (just look at Vegas last round lol),but I would assume the Canes would be playing better, not worse for the next two games.

Luck is preparation plus opportunity.

The harder you work, the luckier you get.

These cliches became cliches for a reason.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The game 3 towel is suitable for framing.

View attachment 222805

That is beautiful. I would buy one of these if the team store made them available.

Hear that, Official Hurricanes Online Store? I want to give you my money in exchange for goods, and not like that shitty too-large t-shirt with the lopsided logo you sold me a couple months ago that cost me $30. Your chance at redemption please

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Obviously, he's got to get his a$$ kicked by somebody so we can rally around him again, but who?

We let Penguins fans in now, so evidently, we have an open-door policy.

I keep Pens fans in check. They shall behave nicely. They have cool mods. Almost as cool as ours.

According to rules team that scores more goals wins. End of the story. Whining about shots, pressure and whatnot doesn’t get anyone anywhere. It only clouds mind.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Luck is preparation plus opportunity.

The harder you work, the luckier you get.

These cliches became cliches for a reason.

While I mostly agree with that, I've seen too many HOW IN THE WORLD DID THAT HAPPEN moments in sports to not account for pure luck. I think a bit of luck is required for any deep run and it doesn't always go to the most worthy.

but now we're just trading philosophical points of view lol so it is what is.

Just happy to be up 2-0 :)

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Puck luck is one of those things that goes along with hard work/confidence/intangibles, IMO.

It would be easy to argue that the Canes were a "bad luck" team over most of the 4-5 seasons previous to this one, considering they were consistently in the league lows when it came to PDO. To some extent you'd be correct. But it's also hard to ignore that this year's team has generally worked much harder and had a greater commitment/confidence/hard work/intangibles (and a better coach) than those teams of the past.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
random tidbit - 20 years ago tonight, about 2 weeks from graduating college, i hopped in the car with a buddy, drove from raleigh to greensboro, and scalped tickets to my first hurricanes (and nhl) game. i started off with double overtime playoff hockey. (little did i know that three years later i'd be in the house for a triple ot stanley cup finals game)

related - today is the 20th anniversary of my hatred of anson carter.

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Have you guys been following the Isles post game interviews, etc? Are they DETERMINED to provide the Canes with bulletin board material?

“We’re going to go in and we’re going to win in their building, there’s no ifs and buts about it,’’ Lehner said after the Isles’ practice in East Meadow on Tuesday.

Lehner was almost defiant as he said this, confident in his assertion that the Islanders had outplayed the Hurricanes in the first two games and convinced that their effort in those games will continue and will be rewarded eventually with goals and wins. There’s no need to panic, he said....I’m not worried about it. I think we’re going to go in there, in their building, and score a bunch of goals.

giphy.gif

LOL! I personally don't really care, but I just feel like that org just continues to read off some "Things you shouldn't say to motivate your opponents" cue card.

Anyway, we'll need all the motivation we can get as I have no idea who will come onto and remain on the ice on any given night :help::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->