Preferred Outcome for the Pens Pick

Of the two outcomes, which Pens-dependent outcome do you prefer?

• Sharks draft between 11-15 with the Pens 2024 1st round pick

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Sharks roll into 2025 with the Pens unprotected pick.

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I have the perfect solution

Regulation win = +0 balls in the lottery
Overtime/Shootout win = +1 ball in the lottery
Overtime/Shootout loss = +2 balls in the lottery
Regulation loss = +4 balls in the lottery

Then instead of having a draft order that repeats in rounds, we just keep drawing ping pong balls to see who picks next until every team has their 7 picks (or whoever they traded them to)

That way, Chicago could win the cup and still theoretically get the first 7 picks of the draft

You're welcome

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Just get rid of the lottery all together and go off standings. If you want you can add a rule like you can't pick 1st overall more than 2 times in a 5 year span and if you are last place 3 years in a row for example, you move to 3rd overall and the 2nd and 3rd worst team move up a spot.

So long as there is a benefit to being last, teams will in theory tank.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Could you guys imagine if there was actually enough talent to fill up the rosters of all 32 teams with quality players? Perhaps the league should drop a few teams to increase the quality of competition league wide...

hahahahahahah couldn't get that out with a straight face. Capitalists gonna capital.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Its funny how in other Sharks lottery years, 9th, 7th, 4th, no one complained or brought up the lottery system but when Sharks are dead last all of a sudden its a problem that needs fixed, before the next drawing and draft im sure
HAWKS WIN!

And when Chicago wins it again, there won't be a peep.
Damn, beat me to it!

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Its funny how in other Sharks lottery years, 9th, 7th, 4th, no one complained or brought up the lottery system but when Sharks are dead last all of a sudden its a problem that needs fixed, before the next drawing and draft im sure
People not complaining about something until it directly affects them? Truly shocking, I tell you!

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Yeah. No one was complaining about the lottery here when the Sharks could move up. As I pointed out. Ever.
You can think something is dumb and not post about it, and then post about it when it's far more relevant.

It would be foolish to criticize people in a few years for complaining about RFA rules, or trying to make it to the cap floor, or if we're so lucky, debating the way that LTIR and cap ceilings work, because they didn't complain about them this year, when those things aren't really relevant.

The lottery is dumb, that's my opinion and a few others agree. Some don't agree. It's not a strong critique to say "you weren't saying it before." Some of us took a few years off from this dumpster fire, anyway.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
You can think something is dumb and not post about it, and then post about it when it's far more relevant.

It would be foolish to criticize people in a few years for complaining about RFA rules, or trying to make it to the cap floor, or if we're so lucky, debating the way that LTIR and cap ceilings work, because they didn't complain about them this year, when those things aren't really relevant.

The lottery is dumb, that's my opinion and a few others agree. Some don't agree. It's not a strong critique to say "you weren't saying it before." Some of us took a few years off from this dumpster fire, anyway.

True

But, people here were actively rooting for the Sharks to move up in previous lotteries, obviously, and rooting to lose to improve our odds. Now that we finished last its just "well no one else should move up and pass us, it should be changed!"

• Haha
Reactions: karltonian

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
True

But, people here were actively rooting for the Sharks to move up in previous lotteries, obviously, and rooting to lose to improve our odds. Now that we finished last its just "well no one else should move up and pass us, it should be changed!"
My personal POV is this:

The system is unnecessarily complex, isn't as fair as it seems, doesn't deter tanking (which I'm not sure is a problem anyway), and it should be changed, either to a reverse standings draft, or a lottery for just the bottom 4 division losers, or something else simple - open to proposals.

While the system is in place, dumb as I think it is, I want my team to benefit from it. But I can also admit that the system is dumb even if we get lottery luck this year or next, and I can be happy about the luck even if I think it's a dumb system.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Yea everyone in this board was thrilled when Chicago won the pick last year even though they were "ahead" of the Sharks in standings.

Slowly but surely you will catch up and realize the conversation

My personal POV is this:

The system is unnecessarily complex, isn't as fair as it seems, doesn't deter tanking (which I'm not sure is a problem anyway), and it should be changed, either to a reverse standings draft, or a lottery for just the bottom 4 division losers, or something else simple - open to proposals.

While the system is in place, dumb as I think it is, I want my team to benefit from it. But I can also admit that the system is dumb even if we get lottery luck this year or next, and I can be happy about the luck even if I think it's a dumb system.

Thats fine, my point is that everyone here was "Yes, we can move up and get Bedard instead of the actual last place team! Awesome!" And now its "We are last, no one should be able to pass us, this is shouldnt be allowed"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad