Post-Game Talk: Preds vs Chicago Blackhawks :: 11/18/23 :: 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Last years vezina winner only played 49 games vs saros 64 games. Saros has been in 13 of the now 16 games (a 66 game pace) and we arent even on pace to make the playoffs. I just dont get the need to ride him so hard.
We're in a part of the season with no back to back games and an unusual number of 3-4 day breaks between games. It isn't a workload issue with the current spacing between games. Saros just isn't playing to the level needed from a #1 right now.

Boston ran a 1A/1B duo and both put up amazing stats.

Reactions: predhead1

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
20231118_154235.jpg

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
This team isn't going to win games trying to out pretty or out skill the opposition. They have to do the work. Nyquist and Smith getting goals from the dirty areas. Lauzon putting a body into Media Darling to prevent the backdoor tap in. Nice to see the boys put in the work, show some heart and not crumble after giving up that first goal, and earn a win.

Reactions: Adz and SouthNash

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nice to see that when we got our 2 goal lead challenged the team didnt crumple. They hung in there, battled, and eventually regained a 2 goal lead. Would be nice to see us build to a 3 goal lead but ill take not losing the lead completely

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
I know he’s a little kid and will mature, but man Bedard threw a temper tamptrum after he, uh, found his head stuck between a Pred’s legs. Slamming his stick, slamming the door to the bench. It was quite amusing. I hope he is this easily agitated for a long time.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Another 2 penalties killed today. Thats 5/5 over the past 2 games. Are we improving or is it false hope? Tune in Monday against the Avs to find out

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Another 2 penalties killed today. Thats 5/5 over the past 2 games. Are we improving or is it false hope? Tune in Monday against the Avs to find out

As the Hawks broadcast team pointed out it was one of the worst PP units against one of the worst PK units ... something had to give. Best case is if the boys gained some confidence and can play well on the kill against the Avs.

The other good aspect to the kill the last two games is that the team has only taken five penalties across two games ... not 5 each.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
We're in a part of the season with no back to back games and an unusual number of 3-4 day breaks between games. It isn't a workload issue with the current spacing between games. Saros just isn't playing to the level needed from a #1 right now.

Boston ran a 1A/1B duo and both put up amazing stats.
Agreed. Lankinen has outperformed Saros in his chances. He deserves an opportunity to see what he can do to jumpstart the team

Reactions: 101st_fan

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Agreed. Lankinen has outperformed Saros in his chances. He deserves an opportunity to see what he can do to jumpstart the team

The question is who do we see in which games next week? With the play lately I'd go with a split between the goalies Monday and Wednesday. Better performer gets next Friday.

We'll likely see Saros Monday ... and if he does moderately well, wouldn't surprise me to see him again Wednesday. There is a bias to the #1.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
The question is who do we see in which games next week? With the play lately I'd go with a split between the goalies Monday and Wednesday. Better performer gets next Friday.

We'll likely see Saros Monday ... and if he does moderately well, wouldn't surprise me to see him again Wednesday. There is a bias to the #1.
No doubt. I also think he needs a rest just to reset mentally. That doesn't need to happen overnight. Saros has earned the right to be the starter, but alternating games with Lankinen in the short term could help him regain his focus. He has let in some soft goals this year, but we also have to do a much better job supporting him - the team D has been lacking in most games, and with the PK being atrocious, we can't keep hanging him out to dry and asking why he's not playing up to his standard.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
No doubt. I also think he needs a rest just to reset mentally. That doesn't need to happen overnight. Saros has earned the right to be the starter, but alternating games with Lankinen in the short term could help him regain his focus. He has let in some soft goals this year, but we also have to do a much better job supporting him - the team D has been lacking in most games, and with the PK being atrocious, we can't keep hanging him out to dry and asking why he's not playing up to his standard.
The schedule's pace picks up from now thru Christmas. Even if Saros regains his form, it's every other day with a couple of back to backs between now and the holidays so Lankinen gets more starts.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I know he’s a little kid and will mature, but man Bedard threw a temper tamptrum after he, uh, found his head stuck between a Pred’s legs. Slamming his stick, slamming the door to the bench. It was quite amusing. I hope he is this easily agitated for a long time.
Well he is learning from an old pro at that in Perry.

Reactions: hido

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Over heard a Hawks fan and Preds fan exchanging words after the game. The Hawks fan (in a crisp new Berdard jersey) was yelling about how they are going to win the cup again in two years. I got a good chuckle out of that one.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Over heard a Hawks fan and Preds fan exchanging words after the game. The Hawks fan (in a crisp new Berdard jersey) was yelling about how they are going to win the cup again in two years. I got a good chuckle out of that one.
They better find a whole lot of players in that time.

Edmonton has two that are better than him and still can't win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad