Preds Sign Mike Liambis

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
According to the Admirals Roundtable:

The Nashville Predators have reportedly signed forward Mike Liambas to a one-year, two-way contract worth $575,000 (NHL) and $75,000 (AHL) with $100,000 guaranteed. Liambas played with the Milwaukee Admirals from the 2012-13 season up until the 2014-15 season before he joined the Chicago Blackhawks on a two-way contract that had him playing with the Rockford IceHogs. That was his first career NHL contract. This becomes his second as well as his second rodeo within the organization.

It was suggested that Jaime Devane will not be back with Milwaukee. Liambis is 27 and a Rich Clune type player.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Mike Liambas was a former Erie Otter. We have been season ticket holders for 14 years, and know Mike personally. We are rooting for him. I don't know too much about Richard Clune, but Mike brings a unique physicality to the game. He is one of the hardest body checkers I have ever seen in any league (think of Scott Stevens) and he is, pound for pound, one of the best fighters I have ever seen. He is absolutely fearless. The closest type of player I can think of is Zac Rinaldo, who wouldn't go near Mike when they both played in the OHL.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Today, July 7, 2016, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sports Section had a filler story on page 3 about the Mike Liambis signing by Nashville. There is no link as yet. They do have the PK Subban trade up.

I would like to comment that I was 4 days ahead of a so called major US newspaper in getting this story posted. Maybe it will be 5 days. There is a lack of hockey coverage in this town. A few years ago, I visited my brother in Indianapolis. The Star had an entire page for hockey on a Sunday, yet there is no NHL or AHL team in that city. The MJS is the pits!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Today, July 7, 2016, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sports Section had a filler story on page 3 about the Mike Liambis signing by Nashville. There is no link as yet. They do have the PK Subban trade up.

I would like to comment that I was 4 days ahead of a so called major US newspaper in getting this story posted. Maybe it will be 5 days. There is a lack of hockey coverage in this town. A few years ago, I visited my brother in Indianapolis. The Star had an entire page for hockey on a Sunday, yet there is no NHL or AHL team in that city. The MJS is the pits!

Well to be fair, the team took 2-3 days to even announce it making it official. Newspapers/TV News (not including SportsCenter type programs who report rumors) generally do not report until it is official.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Well to be fair, the team took 2-3 days to even announce it making it official. Newspapers/TV News (not including SportsCenter type programs who report rumors) generally do not report until it is official.

To be fair, I have read things on Yahoo News and seen them an entire week later in the shrinking MJS. They were two good newspapers that merged into one so-so paper that gets thinner every month. 2016 is rumored to be the end of the dead tree edition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad