Confirmed with Link: Preds sign Connor Ingram to 3 year deal

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Well you are talking about a lot of peoples careers there too, which is one of the main reasons you see college football being pressed.

Plus this thing isn't going anywhere, even if we get a vaccine it isn't going anywhere. We as a people will need to learn to live with it and that includes sports teams as well. There is no magic bean coming to get rid of it.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
So, does the NHL know that? I think we may be heading toward a cancelled season. Not that I’m against that. I don’t want people to get sick.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So, does the NHL know that? I think we may be heading toward a cancelled season. Not that I’m against that. I don’t want people to get sick.
Yeah but as said the NHL is based on ticket sales. If they can't fill the house there is no real reason to have a season. It would probably cost them more than just keeping the doors shut.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
I hear all these horror stories about the virus being bad in Europe now. Record numbers.
How can their hockey leagues be open for business, even on a limited basis, and no leagues in US or Canada open?
I have the same questions about college football and the NFL versus the NHL.
Somebody is wrong. Who?

I would guess the football decision might have something to do with the game being played outdoors as opposed to indoors.

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I hear all these horror stories about the virus being bad in Europe now. Record numbers.
How can their hockey leagues be open for business, even on a limited basis, and no leagues in US or Canada open?
I have the same questions about college football and the NFL versus the NHL.
Somebody is wrong. Who?
Most of their teams are getting wiped out though at some point, and they are just choosing to ride that out when it invariably happens. Askarov and Tolvanen already got Covid, right? And they just call up 10 players and ride it out when it happens. Hopefully nobody ends up with a long-term case, but they seem to be more ok with taking that chance at the player level, in general.

NHL has a somewhat more progressive HQ, I feel, but even still if it wasn't for the gate/finances side of things, maybe they'd just push through too? Anyway, at least with these hundreds of cases in European pro hockey, there is going to be a pretty good database of just what the risks really are in terms of longer term complications.

And then once the vaccine is available, obviously the pro athletes will be front of the line, so I can see them reaching the point where they immunize players and then start games, with more of a phased-in attendance policy.
:dunno:

Reactions: BigFatCat999

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Well you are talking about a lot of peoples careers there too, which is one of the main reasons you see college football being pressed.

It's not about the player's futures. It's about money. 100% money.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's not about the player's futures. It's about money. 100% money.
Considering parents were protesting when they were talking about shutting it down its not just the money. I mean in some way it is money centric, but there is more to it than just schools tv deals, cause they aren't making much of anything from ticket sales.

Pro's is strictly about money, which is why the NHL is ok with waiting. The bulk of theirs comes from fan attendance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad