Confirmed with Link: Preds sign Alexandre Carrier to 3 year contract

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
No risk to the Preds with that one, for sure... if he's still playing in Milwaukee in any of those years, he will be a dominant AHL player, and that's pretty cheap for a veteran AHL star. If he's playing in the NHL, he's cheap for the Preds too. No risk whatsoever for the Preds there, for sure. A bit of a risk for Carrier, since you'd normally think if he doesn't get his break next season he'd rather start looking elsewhere instead of being locked down for 3 years. So it's kind of a loyalty vote on Carrier's part, which is probably viewed favorably upstairs. :handclap:

I do hope he gets a good chance to be the new Weber. He has put in the time in the minors and gotten good results there. It's time to take the next step with him.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I've been high on Carrier for some time now and I'm really happy about this deal. I think he's gonna be the best bottom pairing defenseman we've had for quite a while. Cheap contract, too. He's earned his shot.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
This contract appears to be a result of the Farrance decision to go back for his senior year.
Been a lot of kids who looked like outstanding prospects until they turned pro. Right now Carrier is better than Farrance on the basis of solid AHL play. Farrance has been playing against a lot of non-prospects. He may be really good but remains just a prospect. Carrier has performed well at a higher level.

Reactions: adsfan and PredsV82

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Good Deal. I think he makes the third pair next season with Farrance going back to college. I think Davies, Allard, and Carrier all make a strong push for the bottom pairing with Tinordi/Santini being the fall back position/7th/8th dman.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't know if Tinordi can last, but I'm game to try Tinordi-Carrier given that we probably can't expect to have the cap space anymore to chase a more established UFA.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I expect the pairings to look like this next season:

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Tinordi/Davies-Carrier
Tinordi/Davies-YWeber/Holtzer

Santini in Milwaukee.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I expect the pairings to look like this next season:

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Tinordi/Davies-Carrier
Tinordi/Davies-YWeber/Holtzer

Santini in Milwaukee.
Right now I think the 6/7 Dman spot is Carrier’s to lose. He would have to have a very poor camp to not be on the opening day roster. In the longer run I believe he will give Fabbro a fight for the 4 spot.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Right now I think the 6/7 Dman spot is Carrier’s to lose. He would have to have a very poor camp to not be on the opening day roster. In the longer run I believe he will give Fabbro a fight for the 4 spot.

I see him as #5 paired with Tinordi or #6 paired with Davies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad