Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I understand how good Forsberg is.

I also understand that he's a UFA after next year.
That part of it is fair. If you are only looking at him as a 1.5 season player, no reason to offer big on him. I'm looking at him as the best forward our franchise has ever had, and I'm putting an 8-year $8.5M extension on the table for him in July.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
That part of it is fair. If you are only looking at him as a 1.5 season player, no reason to offer big on him. I'm looking at him as the best forward our franchise has ever had, and I'm putting an 8-year $8.5M extension on the table for him in July.
Kariya, Sullivan and (as much as I hate to say it) radulov were all better forwards. Forsberg is fantastic though, not to bring him down in any way.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The Preds won't pay money to buy mediocre draft picks, I'm sure. They'd take a 5th rounder with no retention before this.

Penny-wise, pound foolish. With a mid season transaction we're talking 440k. 50% on Haula + the money to a sub 900k ELC replacement for the rest of the season is dollar neutral with keeping him.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Penny-wise, pound foolish. With a mid season transaction we're talking 440k. 50% on Haula + the money to a sub 900k ELC replacement for the rest of the season is dollar neutral with keeping him.

I'd probably do 50% on Haula for a 3rd, but depending on who else we trade we might want to save our retention slots

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Slightly surprised Rinne is still on here and Forsberg isn't (though maybe a #1 wing can acquire a #1 C, or Ekholm can be added for that?).

Btw, what's the asking price for each of the following if the other players are available?
- Erik Haula
- Colton Sissons
- Calle Jarnkrok
- Yakov Trenin

Interested in these players for Vancouver.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Preds won't pay money to buy mediocre draft picks, I'm sure. They'd take a 5th rounder with no retention before this.

It's retaining for a couple months.

I'd probably do 50% on Haula for a 3rd, but depending on who else we trade we might want to save our retention slots

In all likelihood, it'll only be to UFAs-to-be that will be moved.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Kariya, Sullivan and (as much as I hate to say it) radulov were all better forwards. Forsberg is fantastic though, not to bring him down in any way.
Totally disagree. Forsberg is better than the versions we had of Kariya, Sullivan, and Radulov. You can argue on career statistics on other teams of course, but as a Predator, Forsberg is our best-ever forward.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's real money, and a pick that won't be an NHL player either way. We'll trade Haula for a 5th with no retention before taking any retention.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Totally disagree. Forsberg is better than the versions we had of Kariya, Sullivan, and Radulov. You can argue on career statistics on other teams of course, but as a Predator, Forsberg is our best-ever forward.
That Peter Forsberg guy was pretty good too...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Vancouver wants the home boy Fabbro. Our ?GM sucks old socks, but if we get a good one he (or she; don’t care the gender as long as they are good.) offers Hoglander and our 2021 second.
Fabbro for Hoglander and 2021 #2.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
How do Predators fans feel about Monahan+Bennett for Arvidsson+2nd+Haula/Jarnkrok/Siddons? Or just Monahan+later pick for Arvidsson+2nd

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
How do Predators fans feel about Monahan+Bennett for Arvidsson+2nd+Haula/Jarnkrok/Siddons? Or just Monahan+later pick for Arvidsson+2nd
I like both Monahan and Bennett. So I'm biased. Arvidsson is also my favorite player. But even still.... it sounds pretty good to me... especially of you make it Haula in there, since I have no use whatsoever for that guy.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Absolutely not better than Kariya here, I'll give you the other 2 but Kariya was far better and the stats back that up.
Bah, Paul Karita played 2 seasons for us on mediocre teams. Forsberg still means far more to the franchise. It's not even close.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Fabbro won't be traded, he'll be a top pairing guy with Farrance eventually.
I doubt Forsberg will be traded. Ekholm I can see being traded and he'll bring value, a 6'4" defenseman that can skate on a cheap contract. Arvidsson maybe if the offer was good.

Likely traded Grimaldi, Haula, Richardson, Cousins, Benning, Boroweicki.

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Vancouver wants the home boy Fabbro. Our ?GM sucks old socks, but if we get a good one he (or she; don’t care the gender as long as they are good.) offers Hoglander and our 2021 second.
Fabbro for Hoglander and 2021 #2.

I think Vancouver would highly regret that trade
I know Fabbro is a right shot, and Vancouver's right side is not pretty, but I dont think you vancouver fans realize what you have in Hoglander.

after every game vancouver loses, everyone from the opposing team repeatedly says that Hoglander is probably the most notable consistent player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad