Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Los Angeles ExPreds: Can We Stay Awake Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We got a game where Saros kept the team in it in spite of giving up short handed rushes. Nice to see a game where our starter doesn't give up 3+ .... it's the exception rather than the rule over the past few weeks.

For a slew foot there is a requirement of knocking / kicking a player's legs out from under him. On the replay it looked like that aspect may have been lacking after the hold hold and pull ... I didn't see contact with Novak's right leg during the take down. The King's leg looked to come up between Novak's legs from behind.

The team is on pace for about 92-93 points ... at the 45 games played point the team has a four point lead over the Kraken and Flames for WC2. The Kings must go 0-3-0 for the Preds to hold a single point lead for WC1 normalized at 45 games played.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We got a game where Saros kept the team in it in spite of giving up short handed rushes. Nice to see a game where our starter doesn't give up 3+ .... it's the exception rather than the rule over the past few weeks.

For a slew foot there is a requirement of knocking / kicking a player's legs out from under him. On the replay it looked like that aspect may have been lacking after the hold hold and pull ... I didn't see contact with Novak's right leg during the take down. The King's leg looked to come up between Novak's legs from behind.

The team is on pace for about 92-93 points ... at the 45 games played point the team has a four point lead over the Kraken and Flames for WC2. The Kings must go 0-3-0 for the Preds to hold a single point lead for WC1 normalized at 45 games played.
Not bad for what just about everyone assumed would be a rebuilding year.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Considering we flipped some assets for picks, did a pretty big gut job to the core, and changed coaches/systems this a pretty successful season so far in my opinion.
I'd say holding serve is somewhat of a success, but I can also see the side of frustration. The pain of moving out proven scorers like Nino and Duchene create opportunity, but that opportunity isn't always taken at the first go. I don't see many significant changes to this roster coming aside from internal promotions, so I really am hopeful we see some guys start to move into the consistency category. We won't see big leaps if we continue to be a 1 line team.

The fact we've done it with average to below average goaltending to this point is encouraging. If Saros can turn it around in the second half we shouldn't have any problem making the playoffs.
This is a good point. We've not had a goaltending year like this in a long time. I honestly can't even recall the last time we were giving up the number of goals like we have this last stretch.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'd say holding serve is somewhat of a success, but I can also see the side of frustration. The pain of moving out proven scorers like Nino and Duchene create opportunity, but that opportunity isn't always taken at the first go. I don't see many significant changes to this roster coming aside from internal promotions, so I really am hopeful we see some guys start to move into the consistency category. We won't see big leaps if we continue to be a 1 line team.

This is a good point. We've not had a goaltending year like this in a long time. I honestly can't even recall the last time we were giving up the number of goals like we have this last stretch.
The buying out of duchene is still an interesting thing to me. Unless the rumors that ROR just doesn't like Duchene or Duchene being a bad locker room presence are true, it doesnt make sense. I dont mind moving out nino got a 2nd for an asset we got for free in free agency. Moved Granlunds contract somehow. Got a great return for jeannot, good return for ekholm. Offloaded half of joeys contract and reloaded in free agency. With some fits and spurts in team defense and goaltending, we are more or less in the exact same spot we were but with a better crop for the future and a younger core. I think we still have some big issues in that middle 6 area. Sissons shouldnt have to be your 2C

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
The buying out of duchene is still an interesting thing to me. Unless the rumors that ROR just doesn't like Duchene or Duchene being a bad locker room presence are true, it doesnt make sense. I dont mind moving out nino got a 2nd for an asset we got for free in free agency. Moved Granlunds contract somehow. Got a great return for jeannot, good return for ekholm. Offloaded half of joeys contract and reloaded in free agency. With some fits and spurts in team defense and goaltending, we are more or less in the exact same spot we were but with a better crop for the future and a younger core. I think we still have some big issues in that middle 6 area. Sissons shouldnt have to be your 2C
Glass falling off a cliff really hurt us there. He seemed to be coming on as a 2 or 3C with his play in the second half last year but I don't think anyone is too high on him bouncing back at this point.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The only part of the Duchene vs O'Reilly issue that doesn't make sense is I thought they had eliminated the rule that let teams talk to free agents before July 1. Duchene was bought out before that so where did the info from ROR come from.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The only part of the Duchene vs O'Reilly issue that doesn't make sense is I thought they had eliminated the rule that let teams talk to free agents before July 1. Duchene was bought out before that so where did the info from ROR come from.
They can't talk to the player, as far as I know that doesn't include people around said player. Every league has those rules, and yet guys get signed every year two seconds after the deadline hits.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Glass falling off a cliff really hurt us there. He seemed to be coming on as a 2 or 3C with his play in the second half last year but I don't think anyone is too high on him bouncing back at this point.
Yeh was really hoping he would surpass Novak and Novak become more expendable or atleast more of a wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad