Preds lead Jets 8-0 in minor penalties so far

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I do want to add as a Jets fan that a LOT of them have been obvious and deserved. It's frustrating as all **** that some have been a bit wishy washy and that the preds haven't been given a single one despite being far from angels, but overall we mostly are bringing this on ourselves. The Jets definitely have a history of getting frustrated and boiling over (at least in my opinion).

I also wanna throw in that we have killed every single one of those penalties so far :)

Trouba call - not a penalty. ESPECIALLY in the circumstance
Buff- not a penalty
Chiarot (as much as he sucks) - not an egregious slash at all. borderline at best.
Wheeler - as if. Connor gets hit after the whistle and no call the other way

4 AT MOST were possible calls.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Wheeler gets a penalty for taking his gloves off after Forsberg is punching people with his gloves on = Wheeler is the only penalty. Ehlers gets hit after the whistle when there was plenty of time to let up = Jets penalty. Nashville gets away with interference all game but Byfuglien bumps someone cutting around him = Byfuglien penalty. Morrissey gets tripped and somehow Trouba gets a phantom slashing call. Preds whine to the refs all game but Myers says one thing and gets tossed.

There's a lot of chances for evening things up and if the refs had taken ANY of them, they might have stayed in control of this game. It's gone completely off the rails.

The league seriously needs to suspend these refs pending an investigation. This reeks of a ref with a gambling problem like that NBA ref.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Like to hear if a neutral observer thinks the penalty imbalance is justified?

If thay haven't watched the game they can't give an informed opinion. All of the Jets penalties were penalties but it's almost unheard of to see refs keep calling the penalties after a few in a row on one team.

That being said Preds power play.....LMAO

Reactions: Flair Hay

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can't remember all of them, but at least 5 were legit penalties on the Jets.

The issue is they're not calling the Perds for some of the same stuff, and letting late runs go without warnings or penalties.

These weren't "unearned" penalties, the refs have just gotten themselves involved in the game, so the Jets got themselves "involved" in the game and it went from a playoff-esque first period to an abomination in 20 mins.

dratbunnies

Nov 23, 2009
Winnipeg Manitoba
Trouba call - not a penalty. ESPECIALLY in the circumstance
Buff- not a penalty
Chiarot (as much as he sucks) - not an egregious slash at all. borderline at best.
Wheeler - as if. Connor gets hit after the whistle and no call the other way

4 AT MOST were possible calls.
So I dunno... Trouba call I mostly agree with (agree with you, not the refs). Although IMO a penalty is a penalty no matter the situation so I wouldn't use that as an excuse. At the same time I feel like the refs were pretty sick and tired of the Jets giving them **** that they were more willing to give out the penalty. So yeah, also not much of a fan.

Buff, I mean, come on. It sucks and it's easy to say "yeah, Buff was just trying to go behind the net and their paths collided!" But I have very little doubt Buff was doing what he was doing to give a check to Bonino. It would be hard to convince me that wasn't a penalty.

Chiarot, I don't know if I even remember that one haha. Was that the one near Nashville blue line and then we touched the puck along the same wall in our end? Yeah, it was a bit chinsy, definitely a possible call though.

Wheeler. This is the Wheeler one in our end, right? Where the Nashville player goes and boards our player after the whistle? Yeah, totally agree Nashville should've got a penalty as well, I'm damn mad at that, it was a stupid, stupid play by their player. That being said, Wheeler took a penalty. So it was a penalty.

So yeah, some chinsy calls and some plays were Nashville should have been given penalties as well (including Nashville plays outside of these). Like I said, frustrating as **** that Nashville has gotten zero penalties. Absurd.

We still are bringing this on ourselves by playing frustrated and stupid.

IMO of course :)

Edit: in bold.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If thay haven't watched the game they can't give an informed opinion. All of the Jets penalties were penalties but it's almost unheard of to see refs keep calling the penalties after a few in a row on one team.

That being said Preds power play.....LMAO
I figure some neutral fans are watching the game because it is 2 great rival teams playing?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Have you met Nashville? One of the biggest complainers and hackers in the league

Oh, I'm aware. I just think it's ironic that the refs are being brought up when the Jets tend to play with an edge, and sometimes go over it.

Vegas is better

Mar 4, 2011
what a surprise winnipeg fans complaining about the refs AGAIN!!!

accept the fact that your team got beat stop making excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Jets have been one of the most penalized teams the last 3 seasons. Maybe its time to stop blaming the refs and blame the players/coach

Reactions: Ice and Whiskey

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
I wonder if there is a ref out there who would give the leafs 9 power plays in a game just to see what would happen.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I wonder if there is a ref out there who would give the leafs 9 power plays in a game just to see what would happen.
We'd finally see the Ovechtrick, but by the wrong guy

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I didn’t watch the game so I can’t comment on this specific circumstance; however we shouldn’t always expect penalties to be even in a game. Just because one team took 4 stupid penalties in a period doesn’t mean they should be gifted an easy call to ‘make up’. I find that kinda BS happens all the time in the playoffs and fans whine that the other team had 4 more power plays over the series and that makes it ‘unfair’. A properly reffed game means calling infractions, nowhere does it say they have to be even for both sides.

Thanks for reading my rant.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
I think what's most impressive is that Winnipeg killed off all 9 against Nashville....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad