Preds Games / Playstation Vue

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Just download the NHL Gamecenter app for your console; it's free and it's actually better than the one you use in a browser. I watch all Preds games on my PS4 (live in DC now).

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Just download the NHL Gamecenter app for your console; it's free and it's actually better than the one you use in a browser. I watch all Preds games on my PS4 (live in DC now).

Except they are in Nashville and are subject to blackouts. Therefore the option of the Vue as a TV service exists. I do not use it. I tried but could not sign up due to my address. From what I have read you can only use the Vue service in your home.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Ah, definitely read the original post too quickly. Assumed they were considering a console and weren't familiar with the app interface.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
My cable bill is $130ish a month and I barely watch tv (minus sports). I am heavily considering going to an internet only service with the playstation vue. This is a question I have as well. Will this show all the games locally?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Just looking at Playstation Vue's website, it certainly looks like you would get the games as they have Fox Sports regional networks. You could also do Sling TV as well as they have Fox Sports regional networks.

YouAreTheGovt

Oct 20, 2011
Nashville, TN
I should ask this a different way. How can I legally stream Predators games in market? I'm willing to pay more than what Comcast charges a month to avoid utilizing their services if I have to. If this cannot (and it is indeed 2016) then the brass needs to figure out how to get a TV deal that provides this somehow.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
The NHL has a lot to do with whether you can stream live games or not, it's not totally up to the Predators. Starting this coming season, Fox Sports and the NHL have agreed to let FSN stream hockey games of teams that are on FoxSports channels via their Fox Sports Go app. But I think you have to be a subscriber to a cable/satellite system that carries FSN.

As part of a new multi-year agreement, NHL games televised on FOX Sports Regional Networks (RSNs) will be available for live streaming on FOX Sports GO to customers of participating pay-TV providers.

https://www.nhl.com/news/fox-sports-go-to-stream-live-nhl-games/c-281230000

So I guess this doesn't really help you, but others might find it useful.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The NHL has a lot to do with whether you can stream live games or not, it's not totally up to the Predators. Starting this coming season, Fox Sports and the NHL have agreed to let FSN stream hockey games of teams that are on FoxSports channels via their Fox Sports Go app. But I think you have to be a subscriber to a cable/satellite system that carries FSN.

https://www.nhl.com/news/fox-sports-go-to-stream-live-nhl-games/c-281230000

So I guess this doesn't really help you, but others might find it useful.

The only catch is, you need to pay for Comcast/Dish Network/Direct TV in order for this to work.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
The only catch is, you need to pay for Comcast/Dish Network/Direct TV in order for this to work.

Yeah, I know. That's why I said I don't think it's what he/she was looking for, but maybe someone else that does have a subscription to cable/satellite might find it useful.

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
My dorm at school gets a select amount of channels, and Fox Sports Tennessee isn't one of them, so streaming is my only option. We have Comcast back at the house, so it sounds like the streaming service from Fox Sports Go and an HDMI hooked up to my TV is my best bet?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
My dorm at school gets a select amount of channels, and Fox Sports Tennessee isn't one of them, so streaming is my only option. We have Comcast back at the house, so it sounds like the streaming service from Fox Sports Go and an HDMI hooked up to my TV is my best bet?

I believe that would work as long as you are in the FSTN geographical viewing area.

la flama blanca

Mar 14, 2012
I had slingtv last year when they added the FS networks with the hope I could watch the Preds games but they were not shown, most of the time FSTN never showed up as available during games. Hopefully, that will change this fall but you could not watch Preds games on Slingtv last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad