Preds enjoy strong finish, but fall to Avs

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Despite an overall bad season, the Nashville Predators can finish their season with their heads up. Wins against powerhouses St. Louis Blues, Columbus Blue Jackets and Detroit Red Wings are a strong indication for what to expect next season.

Last night a letdown happened against the league's punching ball, the Colorado Avalanche. Colorado had a few lucky bounces going their way and this time it was enough to stop the Predators, despite 2-point-performances by Jordan Leopold and Jan Hrdina.

"You will lose some of those games in every season" GM Tony Kapfenberger said. "You could still see the effort was there. Throughout the season we were never easy to beat, the guys have a big heart. I'm looking forward to give them a chance to be more competitive next season."

Notes: Prospect goalie Josh Harding finished first in save percentage in the AHL with 92,2%, tied with Dany Sabourin. That makes him the 4th Nashville prospect to meet the criteria for the HFNHL's Mountain Due Endorsement deal. The contributions of Jiri Hudler, Lauri Tukonen, Julien Sprünger and Josh Harding will earn the Nashville Franchise a total of 4 million. :handclap:

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Lucky bounces?

For the 1st goal Visnovsky came up to the left point and nailed a one-timer behind Hurme who didn't even see the puck..

the 2nd goal came off a bonehead elbowing penalty by Huselius. Scott Nichol did it all by himself. First he took a roughing penalty by giving Huselius a nice facewash. when he came out of the box Huselius wanted to get even so he elbowed Nichol, who just laughed it off. Huselius got the penalty and Nichol was given time on the PP and finished his job. Not the best stickhandler in the league, but still he was able to beat the lazy and slow Preds defense to roof the puck behind Hurme who had no chance with his slow reflexes...

the 3rd was an identical situation to the 1st, but this time the puck hit the post and Audette got the rebound before the Preds defensemen had woken up from their dreams of the green golfcourses they've been longing to all season..

for the 4th goal defensive stud Shane Morrisonn scored from the blueline on a play reminding of the old red machine. it was a clap clap play not seen since the days of the Krutov-Larionov-Makarov days.. Again the Preds defense defense looked like pylons out there. Not that anyone was suprised, as they've looked horrible all season..

For the 5th goal, the faceoff was down deep in the Avs zone. Newcommer Aubin won the faceoff, got the puck back to Morrisonn who took it behind the net, found Dimitrakos with a long opening pass that created a 2-1 attack. Dimitrakos passed puck to Corvo who had no trouble scoring behind Hurme who was leaning towards the cage drinking from his Koskenkorva bottle and hadn't realised the game was on yet..

After the 5th goal Hurme stumbled out and went to the nearest bar to continue his celebration of the spring.. The Preds didn't look much better for the last 5 minutes, with Huselius still pissed off at Nichol he cross-checked Nichol in the head. Even if it got Huselius a penalty, Nichol said later it felt like a small mosquito and Huselius better hit the gym and not the golfcourse this summer, as he has to be ready for a battle next season..

Notes: Like last season, more than 4 of the Avs prospects have reached the Mountain Dew Endorsement early on in the season. More about that in the season re-caps..

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Colorado Media gets the prize for the most one-sided coverage of a hockey game ever.

"I don't know if the guy was at the same game even." GM Tony Kapfenberger said. "Thats not professional journalism, you get a feeling the report comes from a drunk fan not a hockey writer."

"I don't care. Just read it, the quality of their journalists rivals the non-existant quality of their hockey team" Defenseman Jim Vandermeer did not appear to be bothered by Colorado Newspaper calling him and his team mates pylons. "It's classless and it only adds to their reputation"

:)

HFNHL Red Wings

Now that you have completed the sweep of Central Division opponents with a win over the Hawks your revenge is complete so please stop it now.
I play you twice in the final 4 games and need the points ;)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Fan.At said:

He means "stop beating your divison rivals", figuring that once round the tour was enough. More particularly, he doesn't want you beating him in your two remaining games.

If I were you, I wouldn't take that lying down... ;)

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Ohio Jones said:
He means "stop beating your divison rivals", figuring that once round the tour was enough. More particularly, he doesn't want you beating him in your two remaining games.

If I were you, I wouldn't take that lying down... ;)
I know what he means. I was so happy with my high draft pick. Now it is gone...

But teaching Nick's team a lesson is nice too :biglaugh:

HFNHL Red Wings

Fan.At said:
I know what he means. I was so happy with my high draft pick. Now it is gone...

Now it's my turn to say Huh?

You're tied for the 3rd worst record and have a lottery ticket. There isn't alot of difference in the top few guys and so you could theoretically get at 3rd or 4th the same guy you would take with the first depending on how the others rank them. or their needs.
About all I'm sure of for this HFNHL draft is that the Av's will use their first pick on whoever they think is the best dman.

I'll do my best to beat you in two of your final three games if it'll help :sarcasm:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Damn Predators. Once is fine, but multiple losses is highly irritating. Shouldn't you guys just be playing out the string!?!

Does it make you feel better to know that I beat you, Nick (and hope to again on the closing day)?

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Damn Predators. Once is fine, but multiple losses is highly irritating. Shouldn't you guys just be playing out the string!?!

Join the club, Nicko... The preds won their series against me.. If it was the other way, I would be still in this thing called a playoff race.. :cry:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Now it's my turn to say Huh?

You're tied for the 3rd worst record and have a lottery ticket. There isn't alot of difference in the top few guys and so you could theoretically get at 3rd or 4th the same guy you would take with the first depending on how the others rank them. or their needs.
About all I'm sure of for this HFNHL draft is that the Av's will use their first pick on whoever they think is the best dman.

I'll do my best to beat you in two of your final three games if it'll help :sarcasm:
true, but the higher the pick, the bigger the chances i get the guy i want...

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Dr.Sens(e) said:
winning is fun :propeller

one more meeting for our teams, nick. what are the odds?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad