GDT: Preds @ Caps - 9/25/13 @ 7 PM - Radio Only

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
this year has the potential to be like when the Lightning won they cup. they had about 5 guys have career years.

Fehr, Grabo, Carlson, Alzner, Holtby, Brouwer

If most of these guys have career years, it could be our turn.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
this year has the potential to be like when the Lightning won they cup. they had about 5 guys have career years.

Fehr, Grabo, Carlson, Alzner, Holtby, Brouwer

If most of these guys have career years, it could be our turn.

I sure hope so, the Caps are due.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Yikes. I hope there's no real danger of losing Beagle.

He may just be feeling the pressure of Latta having a decent preseason... maybe no threat at all, hard to say.

Maybe he saw people here posting about him :)

I actually thought he does much better at RW than C, faceoffs aside.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Byers seems to be gunning for Volpatti's spot (or a spot).

Walton talked him up, said Brouwer and Laich perhaps spoke highly of him. Walt said that anyone still milling around on the roster has a chance.

Liberati0n*

Byers seems to be gunning for Volpatti's spot (or a spot).

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by Oates' focus on having toughness in the lineup, but if Byers is kept on top of Volpatti I'm going to be a little worried.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Holy ****.... Ovechkin ranked #7 in TSN Top 50 players... Coaches and GMs were surveyed for this list. :facepalm:

Lucic #42? Ahead of OEL and Mikko Koivu. What?

I wish the Caps had a bunch of Lucic-type players, so they could trade them all away to whatever GMs think he's a top-30 forward in the NHL. Totally absurd.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Great game from Grabo.

And Eric Fehr is a RW. Question settled.

Maybe Oates showing him confidence by playing him at center, has raised his confidence every where.

When scorers score, they cant miss. I bet he could play LW tonight and look as good.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Maybe Oates showing him confidence by playing him at center, has raised his confidence every where.

When scorers score, they cant miss. I bet he could play LW tonight and look as good.

Maybe. But I didn't see him shooting nearly so much as C. Which is fine; he was trying to the do the job of a center, but he's a shooter.

And conversely, all the talk about Grabovski not being a playmaker is not holding water tonight.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe. But I didn't see him shooting nearly so much as C. Which is fine; he was trying to the do the job of a center, but he's a shooter.

And conversely, all the talk about Grabovski not being a playmaker is not holding water tonight.

Agree he is a shooter but we seem to have very few playmakers. But that doesnt mean that they cant do it, they just do other things better, or prefer other things. Case in point as you said, Grabs. Ovi can pass and has revamped his game to pass more over the years. If anyone was a shooter, it was him and his ~500 shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->