Preds Canes 9/25/19

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I have DTv Center Ice and live in IL. The game last night was blacked out on my tv. I wonder since it was pre-season if that was the reason. Had to go to the internet and watch on the computer. Rinne looked good. Tinordi looks like a big body and takes no crap! Overall a good game.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
So do we think Tinordi actually has a legitimate shot to make the roster? I only saw bits and pieces of the game last night, but I liked the physicality he brought and we have talked a lot about wanting a big mean guy for the bottom pair. If we're going to hold 8D I think I'd like him better as an option versus Irwin for example if he's at least semi competent defensively. For those who've watched more of the preseason games or the Ads what do you think of him?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So do we think Tinordi actually has a legitimate shot to make the roster? I only saw bits and pieces of the game last night, but I liked the physicality he brought and we have talked a lot about wanting a big mean guy for the bottom pair. If we're going to hold 8D I think I'd like him better as an option versus Irwin for example if he's at least semi competent defensively. For those who've watched more of the preseason games or the Ads what do you think of him?
I don't honestly know anything about Tinordi. He was a 1st round pick, I guess. He certainly has intriguing physical dimensions. But I just don't know what in the last... what is it... *7*!!!... years of being a pro hockey player suggests he can be an NHL player? 7 years is a long time to not have made it previously. I am answering this and haven't watched the games, though. And I don't have any real belief in Irwin or Santini either... I don't think the bar is particularly high in making our team. But it would definitely defy any normal expectation for Tinordi to put himself into the equation at this late stage in his career. :dunno:

We do lack size and physicality on our D, however. If he's found a way to take things to a new level, kudos to him, and my mind is not closed on the potential. It would probably count as a "pleasant, shocking, surprise" to me if he was the one who stepped up and made it. It's a lot easier to just believe he's the same player he always has been, however, and that they are just keeping him around as a deterrant against the "pre-season antics" of any opposing tough guys. :dunno:

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
In the forward competition;
Carr-had meh! game.
Salomaki-looked like Salomaki
No gain there by either to me.
Tinordi-little surprising to me in a good way. Could he end up taking Irwin's spot? Didn't look any worse to me.
Santini-he looked much better than I would have thought. Surprisingly so. Not sure I get all the hate on Santini. Didn't look bad last night. I was expecting a train wreck.
Didn’t notice Fabbro that much but he was steady Watch his outlet passes. He made three that I can think of that were right on the tape to get guys into the offensive zone from behind our blueline.
Turris-looked very good
Granlund-ok, but not impressive Not sure I agree with this. Two things this guy always does and I've seen since the day we acquired him, he hustles every shift and plays a complete 200 ft game. His playmaking and timing with Duchene will only get better as they get more familiar with each other.
Power Play-just ok Not sure why they put Krok out there as a replacement for Forsberg. Would've liked to have seen either Turris or Ellis take turns with the first unit and play on the faceoff dot.
Duchene-boy, he just shows flashes of brilliance Watch his play away from the puck. He's great at finding quiet open ice on the backdoor. I noticed this Saturday night and again last night. Great players just have that knack.
Looked pre-season ish but got the players needed ice time together
Carolina looked darn good, too. They always seem to give us fits with their speed but last night we were able to corral it some. Granted, they weren't playing their big guns but it was nice to see we didn't give them as much time or space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad