Preds are never mentioned!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Basically we want nice stuff, we're just too cheap to pay for it (in dollars or trading).
Are you seriously calling a team that pays shea weber 14million a year "too cheap to pay for nice stuff"??

This is probably the biggest misconception about our franchise. The preds will pay top dollar for top talent, and have done so time and time again.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Are you seriously calling a team that pays shea weber 14million a year "too cheap to pay for nice stuff"??

This is probably the biggest misconception about our franchise. The preds will pay top dollar for top talent, and have done so time and time again.

Agreed. I mean Dear Lord....the trade deadline where we traded for AK, Gill, and Goose (the busiest franchise of the deadline by far) and convinced Rads to come back is not even a year removed! What else do you want?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
after a couple years getting his skates under him Willy looks like he's ready to be a steady top 6. Smith is in his 2nd year, showing flashes, and certainly has shown the capability to be top 6. Erat - in spite of a couple abysmal games this week - clearly is. Leggy or Fish is a serviceable 2nd line center. Horny - I like as 3rd line guy but he's a 25-30 goal scorer so that's kinda' a top 6.

in this crapshoot season, with Blum/Ellis/Josi getting settled in on D, WHY would you make a deal? I get it longer-term - needing a scorer - but this doesn't seem to be the team to do it with, cause all those kids are still going thru growing pains and as everyone has mentioned, we aren't gonna' get it done with SK74 and Bork as our 2nd line wings and Leggy and Fish as our first 2Cs; and you'd have to be enjoying a pretty high volume of adult beverages to think we could add the kinda' guys (plural) we need to that group, considering the talent you'd be giving away in a deal, and be significantly better. Off-season signing or dealn then when you got better idea of what the kids are really worth and peeps have had a chance to see them over the season makes more sense to me.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
It's amazing how upset our fanbase gets when fans of other teams use only disproved stereotypes to describe us ... yet we do it to ourselves all the time. When Poile pays market value, the moans about him overpaying fill the threads. When he doesn't way overpay a player, he's too cheap. When he's one of the most active GMs at the deadline making those pricey deals ... that fact gets ignored.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We aren't mentioned on websites because no one gives two ****s what the Preds are doing and it isn't good discussion material. People know we kept Weber, our goalie is quite possibly Jesus, and our coach has no neck. Outside of those things no one really has much to say about us.

"Perry to the (insert big popular team here)?? Whoa that would be insane bro!"......"Perry to the Predators?? Who cares? What's Detroit up to?"

Also, the only smart way for a team like us to get high-end talent is to somehow sign some via free agency. We're an organization that needs to just keep our prospects and add on top of it. We aren't in a good spot to add by subtracting. We have nothing to trade that wouldn't leave us a beaten-down shell of a team.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
What about a guy like Kris Versteeg from Florida? I saw a lot of guys on their forum saying they'd trade him if there were offers.

He could provide some good offense but I agree we need some scoring, our defense looks pretty good!

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I do apologize, after I wrote this I thought about what I wrote and came to the conclusion that we are not a knee jerk reaction type of team. Everything that Poile and Trotz do is a calculated move, even AK and Rads. I know with our style of play that we will not score 3-4 goals a game. At least until some of our current young'uns get a lil more seasoned.

I do like out team and think we will still make the playoffs, especially with Rinne in net! Mason has played well in his 2 starts and should/could be 2-0-0 if not for the bouncing puck up in MN.

Once Horny gets back and the maturation of CW, we are starting to look a lil better on offense. If we can get someone to pass SW the puck in his zone, he will start to do some damage as well.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
What about a guy like Kris Versteeg from Florida? I saw a lot of guys on their forum saying they'd trade him if there were offers.

He could provide some good offense but I agree we need some scoring, our defense looks pretty good!

I personally like Versteeg. He's a pretty good shooter. If there was a deal that made sense, I wouldn't mind having him.

I haven't watched Florida much, but he seems to be struggling. I'm not sure what that's about, or if it is something that a change of scenery could help with or not.

But a 'Versteeg' type isn't exactly our pressing need. He's a wing...and while we apparently have a bunch of centers on our roster, we don't seem to have one that is a consistent playmaker who can anchor the top line (I mean, maybe Wilson could if he wasn't 35% at the faceoff dot).

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I rather fly under the radar.

This. As a resident of the Toronto region, it's far better to not be included in "discussions" than to be talking about what players had for breakfast. Ideally you'd like to be somewhere in the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad