Predictive apps and wagering on the Hawks?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Is wagering on sporys legal in Illinois?

In Missouri where the Blues apparently have an app fans can download to place bets on certain situations that may happen in Blues games ...

I am not sure if this includes real gambling bets for money winnings yet...but I havevheardcthatvfand can use credits for bets on things like will a certain Blues pater get a certain amount of ponts that night....or hetca HWH...or will the Blues get over a certain amount of goals tgatvgame ,or win over a certain amount of faceoffs...or take a certain amount of faceoff win% ...or maybe bets on the score differential that game..stuff like that..

What I am not sure of is how this works ...Do fans put up real cash to wager or do they simply get assigned credits at the start then use to to get more credits if they win their bets,and then get only prizes at the end of the week or month if they have won the week or monthly or season standings on the credits accumulation leaderboard or are among the top leaders ?

Prizes that can be won are things like seasons tickets or vacation packages .

So not sure if actual cash given out ...only a prize system...but even this form of fun fan betting should spark more interest to follow each game and perhaps draw more casual fans who just love the betting apsoect of this .

Of course ...eventually the NHL will hook up with full legal gambling sites to provide normal wagers with cash returns or losses to the bettors depending on if they win the bets or not...

The question then is ...is the type of app wagering and prize system used by the Blues legal in Illinois if the Hawks wanted to offer it to fans?

Or if full blown for cash winnings is legal would you think that would draw more fan interest than the more gimmicky version of with prize system the Blues have with their app?

Now I am not sure that in the Blues app that fans put up any cash tobgetcthecstartibg credits...if they do pay an entry fee or put up cash to get the starter credits then such a system is indeed real gambling as with any sports betting....But if they are give free creditsxwhen they get the app...and invest mo money themselves to get the app....thennitvrealky should not be considered gambling butvonlyva marketing PR and promotion strategy by the Blues to create more fun and interest among their fans...fans cannot lose money..but can win prizes given out by the club for their astute uses of the credits given out with the app .

Sobahain I am not sure what is involved...do fans isk any money to get the app or is this not real gambling but justxa promotion where fans can win prizes with norisking fashion their part?

If the latter then I am sure Hawksc oo can do this without breaking any gambling laws in Illinois if such exist.

If Illinois does allow full sports betting then as soon as the NHL has approved guidelines as to which places you can go to to place bets and what bets can be made under their guidelines,then Ivam sure fans wanting to risk for cash returns will go there....you could have both types ...real gambling and the team's app for fun wagers with no money risked by fans ...they play only with credits that come with the app and try to win prizes given by the team as a promotional strategy to spark fan following..

Your thoughts on all this?

Reactions: d rake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad