Predictions you will regret

time

Feb 26, 2005
Alright, let's get it out there and archived for all future ridicule: your bold prediction that will make you look like a goof when you are wrong.

My entry: no way Kane goes first. He is going third. A 160 lb guy who will be 19 in the Fall just doesn't have enough upside above his already impressive talents.

Going BBQ some crow Saturday. . .

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
flames will make a big trade involving robyn regehr (maybe huselius since keenan hates him?) and maybe their 1st round pick in order to move down in the 1st and get some picks between the 1st and the 5th where they are empty haha

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Russian players will be avoided like the plague. They'll still get picked, just much lower than many expect.

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
Russian players will be avoided like the plague. They'll still get picked, just much lower than many expect.

thats your bold prediction? that is what has been said all along, and i dont even think it will hold true.. maybe mayorov will fall out of the 1st round, but cherepanov cant fall any lower than 15th at the lowest i think...

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Alright, let's get it out there and archived for all future ridicule: your bold prediction that will make you look like a goof when you are wrong.

My entry: no way Kane goes first. He is going third. A 160 lb guy who will be 19 in the Fall just doesn't have enough upside above his already impressive talents.

Going BBQ some crow Saturday. . .

I have to agree...not a big kane fan but I have the same opinion you have...JVR first overall (prepares to eat crow).

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
somebody near the end of the first round will deal the pick for a 2009 first rounder to get a head-start on the John Tavares sweepstakes madness that is sure to unfold in two years.

That's my bold prediction.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I've been saying lately that Akim Aliu's talent will be a bigger payoff in the future and his attitude problems can be put aside easily.

I really, really hope I don't regret saying that, but it's the only thing I can think of that I'd regret saying in the future.

I also want the Canucks to pick him >_>

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
I regret predicting that both Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan would be out of jail/rehab long enough to produce a "Simple Life" spinoff.

Sadly, their court-mandated schedules keep conflicting.

I also regret predicting that all of the mock drafts so far will be right.

I also regret trying to use excel to formulate the most probable outcome of the draft, based on the various mock drafts and central scouting reports, instead of simply waiting until draft actually occurs. If I'd realized that by Saturday morning all my work would have been rendered useless, I'm pretty sure I could have spent more time with my family in the days leading up to the draft.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've been really really voicing my displeasure of players such as Esposito, Gillies and Perron.

If the Habs draft any of them and they play well, you can bet some of my fellow HFers will let me have it.

ollien

Jan 9, 2007
here is my bold predictions:

-korostin will be the best goal scorer to come out of this draft
-teams will regret passing on thomas hickey when he racks up his third straight 50 point season from the back end in 2015.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
i have been saying all along how i dont want the canucks to draft gillies and why. i also would avoid hammill. so i predict the nonis drafts em and trades up to do it to spite me

or i predict nonis trades up to pick turris. bc boy and with the canucks lacking scoring prospects, and especially since rick rypien is our best centre prospect it makes sense

13o13

Apr 12, 2007
The habs will trade them 2 1st pick with Yan Dannis for get a top 3 pick...
And they will pick Esposito :biglaugh:

Tinalera

Feb 3, 2007
The Known Universe
It's what I posted in the Bold thread:

Katic gets taken 13th by the Leafs

The Hawks take Ganger over Kane first overall-

I'll have BBQ with my crow thanks(though the Katic one by the Leafs really wouldn't surprise me)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->