Predictions for top european leagues

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
For England I could see any of these teams in the top 4/5.

Manchester United
Chelsea
Manchester City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Tottenham
West Ham

Those are the teams I see as the top 7. I'm thinking the top 4 are City, United, Arsenal, and Liverpool (they have really improved this summer) with Chelsea taking the Europa spot.

For relegation zone, I see West Brom, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley, and possibly a team like Everton.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
For England I could see any of these teams in the top 4/5.

Manchester United
Chelsea
Manchester City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Tottenham
West Ham

Those are the teams I see as the top 7. I'm thinking the top 4 are City, United, Arsenal, and Liverpool (they have really improved this summer) with Chelsea taking the Europa spot.

For relegation zone, I see West Brom, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley, and possibly a team like Everton.

Everton in the relegation zone? Can't see it, I could really see Chelsea winning this year since they don't have Europe as a distraction and can solely focus on the league. Top 4 will be United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and either City or Tottenham I think.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Everton in the relegation zone? Can't see it, I could really see Chelsea winning this year since they don't have Europe as a distraction and can solely focus on the league. Top 4 will be United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and either City or Tottenham I think.

I know that they are rumored to be in the hunt for a CB to replace Stones but if they don't get one then yes I easily could see them in the relegation zone at some point in the season. Jagielka isn't all that great anymore and he definitely can't do it by himself. Stones was their best CB and they still have questions in goal. I can't really see Chelsea winning it. ManCity and ManUnited I think improved way too much and Arsenal is still great.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know that they are rumored to be in the hunt for a CB to replace Stones but if they don't get one then yes I easily could see them in the relegation zone at some point in the season. Jagielka isn't all that great anymore and he definitely can't do it by himself. Stones was their best CB and they still have questions in goal. I can't really see Chelsea winning it. ManCity and ManUnited I think improved way too much and Arsenal is still great.

Well they have a deal in place for Ashley Williams it seems, and I think Stones is somewhat overrated. But hey anything could happen I guess.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
BPL
1. Man United
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Leicester
8. Watford
9. West Ham
10. Everton
11. Southampton
12. Crystal Palace
13. Middlesbrough
14. Stoke City
15. Bournemouth
16. West Brom
17. Swansea
18. Sunderland
19. Hull City
20. Burnley

Top Goalscorer: Ibrahimovic - Man United
Top Assister: Ozil - Arsenal
Most Clean Sheets: De Gea - Man United

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
BPL Top 10:

1) Arsenal
2) Utd
3) Citeh
4) Leicester
5) Spurs
6) Chelsea
7) Everton
8) Liverpool
9) Southampton
10) Stoke

Top Scorer: Zlatan
Top Assist Provider: Mkhitaryan
Biggest Flop: Batshuayai
Best Signing: Musa
Clean Sheets: Cech (As usual)
Player of the Season: Alexis

Sunderland, WBA and Palace relegated.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
BPL Top 10:

1) Arsenal
2) Utd
3) Citeh
4) Leicester
5) Spurs
6) Chelsea
7) Everton
8) Liverpool
9) Southampton
10) Stoke

Top Scorer: Zlatan
Top Assist Provider: Mkhitaryan
Biggest Flop: Batshuayai
Best Signing: Musa
Clean Sheets: Cech (As usual)
Player of the Season: Alexis

Sunderland, WBA and Palace relegated.

You think Mkhi will out-assist Özil? IDK. If both stay healthy I'd give the nod to Özil. Still unclear how well Mkhi will gel with Zlatan.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You think Mkhi will out-assist Özil? IDK. If both stay healthy I'd give the nod to Özil. Still unclear how well Mkhi will gel with Zlatan.

Cazorla is gonna be healthy to start the season and I expect Ramsey to be more involved as well.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This will definitely be a good read in six months.

1. City
2. Untied
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Liverpool (Mignolet will cost the team points early)
6. Chelsea

Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, Juve win their leagues by a distance.

Barcelona wins CL.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
EPL:
Chelsea
Arsenal
City
ManU
Tottenham
Leicester
West Ham

Italy:
Juventus ...lol

France:
PSG.... lol

Germany:
Bayern.... lol

Spain:
Real
Barcelona
Atletico

CL: Barcelona

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
EPL:
Chelsea
Arsenal
City
ManU
Tottenham
Leicester
West Ham

Italy:
Juventus ...lol

France:
PSG.... lol

Germany:
Bayern.... lol

Spain:
Real
Barcelona
Atletico

CL: Barcelona

f1484ebd-2a47-48f8-8270-57cb188027ff.gif

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
First to get out the way: Juventus and PSG win their leagues very easily, Bayern win the Bundesliga but think it will be 'tighter' (aka under 10 points :D). Schalke will return to the CL while Gladbach fall out of the top 4. Could see a team like Hoffenheim being the new Augsburg/Hertha and qualify for the EL, not sure what to think of RB Leipzig, they will survive easily but not sure they can push for Europe in their first season. Barcelona win La Liga, Real Madrid and Atletico behind them in that order

EPL
1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Spurs
8. Southampton
9. Stoke
10. West Ham
15. Crystal Palace
16. Sunderland
17. Bournemouth
18. Swansea City
19. Burnley
20. Hull City

Think Europe will take something out of Spurs, as in the CL they will use their first team not like last few seasons in the EL where they rotated and still struggled post-Euro nights. Leicester will be around the top 10 but have them finishing outside for now. In terms of relegation, Hull City look certainties, no manager and no signings this summer, Burnley don't have the quality but like the last few times they will pick up some good results at home, don't like what Swansea did in the summer so far and despite thinking Guidolin is a good manager...I feel he will be one of the first one sacked if he gets off the a slow start

Champions League: I'll go with 2015 rematch...Barcelona vs. Juventus with Barcelona winning
Europa League: Hard to call with CL drop outs entering midway, and I actually think Sevilla will advance from their CL group so they won't win again :D A complete shot in the dark...Athletic Bilbao vs. Fiorentina (there's gotta be a Spanish side involved)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
^ this is fairly close to what I see for EPL, though shuffled a bit.

1. Utd
2. City
3. Ars
4. Liv
5. Chel
6. WHU
7. Tot
8. LCity
9. South
10. Stoke
... and the rest

And I'll have no shame if I'm completely out to lunch because there's so much that could happen it's not even funny, plus my hopes for the season are elsewhere entirely.

ItsTheBGB

Borusse!!
Aug 30, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Bundesliga prediction:

Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen (3 points behind Bayern)
Borussia Dortmund
Schalke 04

I think Dortmund and Bayern will advance far into the CL knockout rounds with Bayern going to the final, BVB for sure in quarters.

Spain:
Barca
Real
Atletico

Italy:
Juventus

England:
United
Chelsea
City
Liverpool
Arsenal
West Ham
Tottenham

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Generally I do a large EPL master post at the start of the season. This year, I have no idea what to expect as my conceptions of reality have been shattered by last season, specifically Leicester and Chelsea. We'll see how I feel about the Premier League on Friday in terms of making one for this season.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bundesliga prediction:

Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen (3 points behind Bayern)
Borussia Dortmund
Schalke 04

I think Dortmund and Bayern will advance far into the CL knockout rounds with Bayern going to the final, BVB for sure in quarters.

Spain:
Barca
Real
Atletico

Italy:
Juventus

England:
United
Chelsea
City
Liverpool
Arsenal
West Ham
Tottenham

Damn. Leverkusen 3 points behind Bayern? Very bold.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
EPL, as much as I hate to type this:
1. Arsenal. I just think it all comes together for them this year. Can't rationalize it. Just gut.
2. Liverpool. Full year of Klopp. No Europe. Going to be a fresh bunch.
3. ManU. A lot of new pieces. I'm betting on it working for the most part.
4. Spurs. Hoping for better, dreading worse. Young team, reasonable to expect improvement from last year, but do they have the legs/depth?
5. Man City. New manager, old roster. Anticipating a step back at least for a year.

Chelsea? I have no clue. Top 4 wouldn't be shocking, but neither would 6-10. Like Man City, I think they might be a year off.

17. Sunderland (of course)
Relegation:
18. West Brom
19. Burnley
20. Hull

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

ROFL you're quite right actually.

EPL:
Chelsea
Arsenal
City
ManU
Liverpool
Tottenham
Leicester
West Ham

Tottenham so low because I expect they could struggle with CL AND BPL.
Chelsea and Liverpool might benefit from no Euro competitions.

But honestly, the whole thing is so close you could well end up seeing Leicester in the top-4 and Arsenal finishing 6th at the end of the year.

I can't wait, 2 days to go. :popcorn:

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I'm a Spurs fan so I hate being the one to make this argument, but when I look at Arsenal, I see a team that probably was the best in the league last year but was held back by a few bad breaks. I keep going back to this article from late last year: http://www.espnfc.us/club/arsenal/3...tle-bid-partially-explained-by-expected-goals

It's numbers and theories and stuff and I know not everyone buys into it, but I tend to buy into it.

Heading into this season, I see basically the same team. I am ok with consistency, especially when most of the competition is going to spend the season breaking in new managers and players. Lots of potential for those squads, but plenty of unanswered questions too.
Arsenal has played together and won together.

It's probably Wenger's last year, so maybe the team gels around that point?

I would worry about injuries. Backline is looking rough here at the start of the season ...

I would be ecstatic if I am wrong and Arsenal is not in the top 4. I would never be more happy to be wrong.
But sitting here at this moment in time ... I think they're going to win it. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->