Predictions for the next 4 games against 4 contenders (Jets, TML, Preds, TBL)

How many points does Montreal collect over the next 4 games?

• Total voters

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
This is a super bizarre stretch, with our games being on a Thursday, Saturday and then Thursday Saturday. Our most rested effort would be against Nashville, with a see us winning. I'll say 2-1-1 down this stretch, with an OTL tonight, beating the Leafs and Preds.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
W against WPG & toronto, OTL against Nashville and a big ol L against Tampa. If we get through this stretch with 5 points, that's great.

I think Winnipeg is beatable, especially with Laine off his game, I think that any MTL - TO game is winnable, regardless of roster, just because of that rivalry. Tampa is just too good, and I think nashville could go either way, but I imagine it'll be one of those 2-1 games where price puts on a clinic, and gives up a goal on a triple redirection in OT.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
Tampa didnt deserve their last win against us. That was all Niemi. I want 1 win on the season against them at least. Gotta beat the leafs too. Lose out against the west I care less.... 3 to 5 points would be ok.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I think we win against the Leafs also, we lose against Tampa and get 1 point against Nashville.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
First game was a solid win against a top team. If the next 3 games turn out good??

With parity in the league you only get so many shots at a Cup. Is this team for real or are we playing over our heads for half a season? Are the benefits with a lot going right? Just 6 months ago everybody on this board(except for one. I wonder who that could be?), was predicting doom and gloom this season and Habs would be leading candidate in Hughes sweepstakes.

Also, do you mess with the chemistry this team has? Do you trade your first pick and a top prospect like Suzuki for a star player like a Fowler? There is risk a Suzuki never develops like we think, or the pick ends up being very late and only an average NHLer. On the other hand a Stone or Panini is not the right fit here and walks at season's end.

Or, do you stay the course? Don't mess with success? Maybe, instead tinker? Trade a 4th rounder for a faceoff guy. A 2nd with Hudon type for a Silverberg or Johansson type?

Between now and the 25th, going to be time for difficult decisions to be made in the front office of Montreal Canadiens.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
First game was a solid win against a top team. If the next 3 games turn out good??

With parity in the league you only get so many shots at a Cup. Is this team for real or are we playing over our heads for half a season? Are the benefits with a lot going right? Just 6 months ago everybody on this board(except for one. I wonder who that could be?), was predicting doom and gloom this season and Habs would be leading candidate in Hughes sweepstakes.

Also, do you mess with the chemistry this team has? Do you trade your first pick and a top prospect like Suzuki for a star player like a Fowler? There is risk a Suzuki never develops like we think, or the pick ends up being very late and only an average NHLer. On the other hand a Stone or Panini is not the right fit here and walks at season's end.

Or, do you stay the course? Don't mess with success? Maybe, instead tinker? Trade a 4th rounder for a faceoff guy. A 2nd with Hudon type for a Silverberg or Johansson type?

Between now and the 25th, going to be time for difficult decisions to be made in the front office of Montreal Canadiens.

One injury away on defense to play Alzner. That has to be fixed. Would like to be able to say that we are one injury away to play Kulak or Reilly.

Same goes for center, one injury away to play either Chaput or Peca as 3rd line center. Not sure i want them on the 4th line.

I think that has to be fixed by the TDL even if it's only minor tweaks. I would expect at least that sine Bergevin has to consider is team a PO team.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
One injury away on defense to play Alzner. That has to be fixed. Would like to be able to say that we are one injury away to play Kulak or Reilly.

Same goes for center, one injury away to play either Chaput or Peca as 3rd line center. Not sure i want them on the 4th line.

I think that has to be fixed by the TDL even if it's only minor tweaks. I would expect at least that sine Bergevin has to consider is team a PO team.

There are options within for a third line C in case of injury; Shaw and Hudon

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
4pts

Just being careful.

I guardedly hope for 8, but brace myself for a possible 0-4. (and I wouldn't mind either scenarios)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There are options within for a third line C in case of injury; Shaw and Hudon

Shaw is an option, not a good one.

And i don't know where this idea that Hudon can play center coming from (french medias probably) but the guy sucks defensively on the wing, don't put him at center because he played a couple of games 3 years ago in the minors. Playing center means taking defensive responsability....

Having said that let's say Domi is out.....then you'll have Danault - Kotkaniemi - Shaw? - Peca?
That's not really good enough for a regular season's game, imagine in the PO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad