Predictions For Next Year

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Where do you think certain guys will go?

Tyler Pitlick ? Derek Grant ? James Van Reimsdyk? Shayne Gostisbehere? Aube Kubel? Laughton? Patrick?Morgan Frost?

These guys i listen above will all be wanting to play hockey next year! With such limited space, with guys like Laczinsyki, Frost, Rubtsov, Brink , Allison close to playing in the NHL. Only so many guys can stay.

And with Ghost looking like he could use a change of scenery...

Patrick/Lindblom possibly returning. Where does everyone fit?

Write your prediciton for next years roster!!! Who stays? Who goes?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
UntriedBonyHamster-size_restricted.gif

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Where do you think certain guys will go?

Tyler Pitlick ? Derek Grant ? James Van Reimsdyk? Shayne Gostisbehere? Aube Kubel? Laughton? Patrick?Morgan Frost?

These guys i listen above will all be wanting to play hockey next year! With such limited space, with guys like Laczinsyki, Frost, Rubtsov, Brink , Allison close to playing in the NHL. Only so many guys can stay.

And with Ghost looking like he could use a change of scenery...

Patrick/Lindblom possibly returning. Where does everyone fit?

Write your prediciton for next years roster!!! Who stays? Who goes?
Pitlick gone good job but better ways to fill resources.

Grant I would love to keep as swiss army knife 4c 4w. Nice backup for Patrick/Frost for next year. Bunny seems odd man out if team is healthy.

JVR stays put. Cap issues aren't for team until 2021 potentially. No reason to make changes unless an unlikely JVR Frost plus trade for Johnny Hockey happens which I doubt.

GHost- I think Braun walks and keep Ghost rather than trade for 2 and b+ prospect. Stick with keeping Ghost over say trade and sign Brodie.

Kubel- love him possible 3rw. Possible ED keeper if Oscar can't come back.

Laughton stays for 20-21. If Frost and Farabee progress he could leave fa 2021. TBD

Patrick your guess is as good as mine as far as health. I will say this a bunch of Flyers improved because dumbo hakstooge is gone so why not Patrick too.

G-Couts-Jake
Bee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Frost- Grant
Laughton-Patrick-Kubel
Ski 1 month minors seasoning and 1st call up with injury.

Raffl in if patrick isn't cleared and move Laughton to 4c? ok with trading or 13th man if Patrick cleared.
If Oscar played 2nd half of year it would be sick depth wise but clear longshot.

Ruby odd man out. Traded for 2 at draft perhaps?

Do you trade kids for Johnny Hockey and create sick top 2 lines? HMMMM

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Flyers 20-21 lineup

Line 1 LW Giroux C Couturier RW Voracek
Line 2 LW Farabee C Hayes RW Konecny
Line 3 LW Van Riemsdyk C Patrick RW Aube-Kubel
Line 4 LW Laughton C Grant RW Raffl

1st Pair LD Provorov RD Niskanen
2nd Pair LD Sanheim RD Myers
3rd Pair LD Gostisbehere RD Friedman

Goalies:
Starter: Hart
Backup: Elliott

Scratches:
RW Pitlick
C Bunnaman
LD Hagg
LW Lindblom + LTIR

The top 6 stays as is.
If Patrick is still a no go then Frost gets the recall for 3C. Somewhere during the season Frost will get recalls due to injury.

Id keep Grant, Pitlick and Bunnaman in the NHL and Laughton becomes full time 4LW and rotates on faceoffs if Grant gets kicked out of circle.

Friedman should stay with the Flyers next season as he is no longer waiver exempt in 20-21 but will mostly rotate with Ghost and Hagg.

I’d let Braun and Thompson walk UFA and I sent down Vorobyev and Morin through waivers to AHL.

Bunnaman is able to get sent down or recalled depending on the health of the forwards.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Think we need a good backup next year. Even if internal if it works out that way. We just can’t sacrifice a lost year at this point if Hart goes down.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Can Frost play the wing? IMO it’s going to be tough to find him a center spot if Patrick is healthy unless you want to play him on the fourth line (which I don’t think we do). Can we slide him in a third line wing role?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can Frost play the wing? IMO it’s going to be tough to find him a center spot if Patrick is healthy unless you want to play him on the fourth line (which I don’t think we do). Can we slide him in a third line wing role?

Frost can and has played the wing.

Reactions: flyersjim73

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's only ever played wing for Team Canada. Even when he played with Hayton (shoutout PuckLife) in the OHL he centered Hayton. I'm sure he could do it like most smart centers, but it will take time to adjust.

There's no guarantee at this point that Patrick will be the better player anyway, so cross that bridge when you get there. Hell it wasn't a guarantee before this season when we thought he would be 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad