Prediction Contest: ***Predictions #7: vs Wild, Oct 15, Take a ride on the Wild side

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If you think that I have made an error in your points (there's a first, or tenth, time for everything) please PM me (don't post it in the thread as I'll likely miss it) and include the number of the game and the number of the post in the thread where you posted your pick so I can review it without going through the entire thread. I will reply in a PM and make any changes necessary to your totals.

Rules said:
1. Post the team which will win and by what score and who will score first Leaf goal. Write anything else you like so long as you make clear those three variables. If you pick the correct team you will receive 1 point. If you pick the correct score but the wrong team you will receive 2 points. If you pick both the correct score and the correct winning team you will receive 4 points.
2. 3 points for the name of Maple Leaf who scores the team's first goal of the game. The Joepeps!! rule: If you expect a shutout, pick the opponent player who scores first. But if a Leaf does score, that pick will not be counted.
3. If you pick everything correctly (team, score, goalscorer) - aka "Grand Salami" - you will get 8 points and the envy and resentment of all other players.
4. Picks must be made and posted by puck drop on game day.
5. Picks must be made in the prediction thread -- if you post them anywhere else, including the game day thread, they will not count.
6. No if...then picks (Detroit 8-2 if Giguere, Toronto 2-0 if Gustavsson, or Kulemin gets goal if he plays, otherwise Kaberle).
7. If want to modify your pick be sure to do so as an edit in the post of your original pick, Check that you haven't accidentally made two different picks in the same thread - you'd be surprised how often that happens. In those cases neither will count and you will have a "0" for that game.
8. Please don't waste my time and server space with ridiculous picks - these are not particularly kind to your reputation for high wit and will be ignored by me anyway, now and forever.
9. Scoreless shootout caveat: In the case of a scoreless shootout (0-0 through OT) the counted goal will be the first Leaf shooter to score. In the event no Leaf shooters score, the first opposing shooter to score will count under the Jeopeps!! rule

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Leaderboard after Game 6: Best start in 20 years. Awwwww yiss

mapes - 16
Penalty Kill Icing - 16
The Caveman - 16

jakapono24 - 15
The Hockey Life - 15
TheLeastOfTheBunch - 15
topched - 15

Canada4Gold - 14
CBinTokyo - 14
ironrhcp - 14

Hurt - 13
Prototype - 13
The Brewmeister - 13

Cool Beans Man - 12
cup67 - 12
Mikeyg - 12
Mystifo - 12
nuffsaid - 12

18leafsfan18 - 11
81snipe - 11
DirtyDion03 - 11
ECanuck - 11
FlareKnight - 11
Kb21 - 11
Leafsfan83 - 11
LeafsNation149 - 11
Polk High - 11
Rielly Good - 11
StringsAttached - 11

Baarle - 10
Darty - 10
Grant - 10
Hanta Yo - 10
HernzNation - 10
HoBOonFiRE - 10
hotpaws - 10
ib3leaf - 10
iceblue - 10
kawi - 10
MeowLeafs - 10
morrielly - 10
p.l.f. - 10
pucci2001 - 10
S2S - 10
Sundin 13 - 10
TML23 - 10
Woodman19 - 10

Full standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmIbKrZ2YBMTdHRXalRyYm9FS3hsOF9Hb09kUGI1bkE&usp=sharing

Superstats Package

Number who picked winning team only (1 pt) - 73
Number who picked correct score, but wrong team (2 pts) - 0
Number who picked 1st goalscorer only (3 pts) - 0
Number who picked both correct score and winning team OR 1st goalscorer and winning team (4 pts) - 18
Number who picked goalscorer and correct score but wrong team (5 pts) - 0
Number who got it all, or a GRAND SALAMI (8 pts) - 0

Total Entered This Game - 97
New Predictors - 7
Unduplicated Count Since Start - 242
Total Grand Salamis - 10 (cup67, SH15, topched, jakapono24, mapes, Mikeyg, The Hockey Life, TheLeastOfTheBunch, Sundin 13, and pucci2001)

Number of Folks Who Didn't Read Directions: All good

Hall of Shame (users banned from contest): None as of yet

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->