Prediction on your teams roster next season

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
The BC Division is going to be very top heavy, with the Blazers, Royals and Giants taking all 3 spots.

Kamloops Blazers

Centazzo-Zary-Pillar
Sopotyk-Stankhoven-Stuart
Kuefler-Bankier-Seminoff
Minten-Belton-Spencer-Milburn

Schmiemann-Strange
Baragano-Lindgren
Brandwood-Bairos

Goalies

Dylan Garand
Dylan Ernst

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Portland Winterhawks

Dureau-Newkirk-Jarvis
Hanas-O'Brien-Knak(I)
Klassen-Kozak-Fromm-Delorme
Gervais-Litke-Mannek(OA)
Stefan

Hanus-Brondberg(I)
Nolan-Smythe
Cicek(OA)-Mori
Tallman, Thompson

Giannuzzi
Gordon

Just a current depth chart, not so much line combos. Hofer is a big loss in net. Assuming Ludvig goes pro next year as he was dominant this year. Overage situation will be interesting as we have only 2 2000 born players returning but neither is much of an impact player, will MJ keep them on as home-grown guys, or trade for more impactful players in what will be a championship contending season. I think an overage goalie is brought in as MJ didnt trust Gianuzzi to be the backup at the start of the year, and yet he would be the presumptive starter for 2020-2021 as the situation stands. I think Aidan Litke makes a big splash as a 17 year old rookie, as he put up a nearly point per game pace in the MJHL as a 16 year old. Bottom of the defense depth chart will be a fight between the 3 rookies of 16 year olds Josh Mori (CSSHL defenseman of the year) and Ryder Thompson, and 17 year old Brody Tallman. Gave the nod to Mori for now as we will need offense from the backend beyond Hanus.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Brandon WheatKings

Reinhardt(OA)-Grieg-McCallum(OA)
Kallonkelli(I)-Chiasson-Thorpe
McCartney-Ritchie-Hyland
Ginnell-Danielson-Zimmer

Salame-Schneider
Nychuk-Iorio
Hofrogge-Lambos

Kruger
Ungar

Team should be very deep next year and ready to make a serious run. Some things could happen to make us even better like Burzan being returned for his overage season. Even if he doesn't this team will score and have 3 very good lines next year. I expect some of there rookies to turn some heads especially Danielson or Zimmer. They may look to add a big solid overage D man if they don't get Burzan back. If not they may keep Duncan Pierce for his OA as Lowry really loves him and he has played his best hockey of his WHL career here. That top 4 D is going to be really good as well.

I think if things go well, I expect them to make some moves at the deadline because of how many draft picks they have.

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Regina Pats:

Gushchin-Nijhoff-Denomie
Brook-Dubinsky-Bedard
Carrier-Massier-Englot
Whitehead-Armstrong-Sanders

D:

Walker-Evans
Onyebuchi(via trade)-L.Feist
Johnson-Sedov

G:
Kruger(via trade)
Kieper

wheatiefan

Feb 7, 2014
Brandon WheatKings

Reinhardt(OA)-Grieg-McCallum(OA)
Kallonkelli(I)-Chiasson-Thorpe
McCartney-Ritchie-Hyland
Ginnell-Danielson-Zimmer

Salame-Schneider
Nychuk-Iorio
Hofrogge-Lambos

Kruger
Ungar

Team should be very deep next year and ready to make a serious run. Some things could happen to make us even better like Burzan being returned for his overage season. Even if he doesn't this team will score and have 3 very good lines next year. I expect some of there rookies to turn some heads especially Danielson or Zimmer. They may look to add a big solid overage D man if they don't get Burzan back. If not they may keep Duncan Pierce for his OA as Lowry really loves him and he has played his best hockey of his WHL career here. That top 4 D is going to be really good as well.

I think if things go well, I expect them to make some moves at the deadline because of how many draft picks they have.

I think you may have missed Hammet on defence and another import forward. Also not sure Reinhardt is back as an OA as he should get some serious looks this year from NHL teams.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think you may have missed Hammet on defence and another import forward. Also not sure Reinhardt is back as an OA as he should get some serious looks this year from NHL teams.

Yes you are probably right about Hammet I forgot about him. The import I am not sure what direction they go but I guess it depends if they can get someone to report. I hope Reinhardt will be back

wheatiefan

Feb 7, 2014
Yes you are probably right about Hammet I forgot about him. The import I am not sure what direction they go but I guess it depends if they can get someone to report. I hope Reinhardt will be back
Congrats to Brett Hyland for being named best forward in the Alberta U18 league. He was also named to 1st all star team. Certainly looks like a good prospect for the WK.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Winnipeg Ice

Pederson-Krebs-McClennon
Kinder-Savoie-Teply*
Leppard-Geekie-Smallwood
Pakkala-Muir-Bruce

Lambos-Barteux
Zloty-Prosofsky
Ladyman-McMaster
Hooker

Goaltending is a giant question mark. I expect the Ice trade for a goaltender here. But I would imagine the wise choice is to acquire an overage goalie. I think Teply might play in the AHL.

Ice are stacked on offense going into 2020-21. Hayden Pakkala is a dark horse to make the team.

Reactions: canucklax

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Winnipeg Ice

Pederson-Krebs-McClennon
Kinder-Savoie-Teply*
Leppard-Geekie-Smallwood
Pakkala-Muir-Bruce

Lambos-Barteux
Zloty-Prosofsky
Ladyman-McMaster
Hooker

Goaltending is a giant question mark. I expect the Ice trade for a goaltender here. But I would imagine the wise choice is to acquire an overage goalie. I think Teply might play in the AHL.

Ice are stacked on offense going into 2020-21. Hayden Pakkala is a dark horse to make the team.
Kinder signed in the DEL so you will have at least 1 import spot open

WHLINDEPENDANT

Oct 24, 2018
Portland Winterhawks

Dureau-Newkirk-Jarvis
Hanas-O'Brien-Knak(I)
Klassen-Kozak-Fromm-Delorme
Gervais-Litke-Mannek(OA)
Stefan

Hanus-Brondberg(I)
Nolan-Smythe
Cicek(OA)-Mori
Tallman, Thompson

Giannuzzi
Gordon

Just a current depth chart, not so much line combos. Hofer is a big loss in net. Assuming Ludvig goes pro next year as he was dominant this year. Overage situation will be interesting as we have only 2 2000 born players returning but neither is much of an impact player, will MJ keep them on as home-grown guys, or trade for more impactful players in what will be a championship contending season. I think an overage goalie is brought in as MJ didnt trust Gianuzzi to be the backup at the start of the year, and yet he would be the presumptive starter for 2020-2021 as the situation stands. I think Aidan Litke makes a big splash as a 17 year old rookie, as he put up a nearly point per game pace in the MJHL as a 16 year old. Bottom of the defense depth chart will be a fight between the 3 rookies of 16 year olds Josh Mori (CSSHL defenseman of the year) and Ryder Thompson, and 17 year old Brody Tallman. Gave the nod to Mori for now as we will need offense from the backend beyond Hanus.
there were a few defencemen signed recently. You think Mori will win the spot?

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
there were a few defencemen signed recently. You think Mori will win the spot?
This was posted before Cagnoni and McCleary were signed but Mori had the most impressive campaign to me of all the newly signed dmen that are fighting for a spot. He was named team captain which MJ really values and was a dynamic offensive defenseman, winning best dman of the year for the CSSHL 15 year old division. We are losing a lot of offense in Ludvig likely turning pro and will need that aspect in our lineup as the only other ofd we have is Hanus. I would not be surprised to see Tallman win the spot as he is a year older and also seems talented offensively while Cagnoni is my wildcard for the spot by going undrafted but turning out a great 15 year old campaign that led to getting signed.

WHLINDEPENDANT

Oct 24, 2018
This was posted before Cagnoni and McCleary were signed but Mori had the most impressive campaign to me of all the newly signed dmen that are fighting for a spot. He was named team captain which MJ really values and was a dynamic offensive defenseman, winning best dman of the year for the CSSHL 15 year old division. We are losing a lot of offense in Ludvig likely turning pro and will need that aspect in our lineup as the only other ofd we have is Hanus. I would not be surprised to see Tallman win the spot as he is a year older and also seems talented offensively while Cagnoni is my wildcard for the spot by going undrafted but turning out a great 15 year old campaign that led to getting signed.
Was happy to see some bigger D men drafted today. Hope there is a training camp this fall.

Fred Fuzzo

Aug 22, 2017
Red Deer Rebels

Tarzwell-Douglas-Smith
Bains-King-Import
Isley-Grubbe-Wiebe
Melin-Rowland-Sorensen
Anderson

Sedoff-Masters
Leslie-Ward
Gustafson-Sexsmith
Patterson

Fancy
Coward

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Good article from Dub Network about the overage situation for each team and how that will impact their roster. I was amazed some teams were carrying so many 19 years olds, some had 7 or 8 or more!

Looking ahead to the 2020-21 WHL season: Overage situations - DUBNetwork

Thanks for this!!

Regarding the Blazers - May be trading partners with Lethbridge or others.

I agree with the assessment that the Blazers have to keep Centazzo and Stuart given their needs up-front. I can't see Carpendale staying with that meaning the loss of three blueliners (Onyebuchi, Strange, and Zabransky). But there are some potential pre-waiver deals out there.

I think Onyebuchi is the one that has the lead on staying.

But, as to trading partners:

* Lethbridge needs an overage blueliner.
* Portland needs a d-man (and I think they'd like the former Silvertip).
* Kelowna would likely welcome an upgrade over Comrie and Steffler (if trading to rivals is permitted)
* Moose Jaw has two openings so they are open
* If Prince George moves Moberg - depending on return - they may want to improve on Sander and Creta
* Red Deer may be open to a blueliner if they aren't staying with Anders in net
* Regina needs experience on the back end;
* Saskatoon has holes with ex-Blazer Kneen and Walford moving on;
* Winnipeg has 2 spots open

Of the list, I think Lethbridge, Moose Jaw, and Winnipeg are most likely the dance partners. I assume Onyebuchi or Strange likely get a 17 or 18 year old that is in/out of roster (like Jerzy Orchard was in Hughes deal) and pics or just a collection of pics.

Is there a potential that Thurston returns to Kamloops - I don't recall there being any controversy just the odd man out? Or would the Blazers be looking to find someone for the right wing?

Interesting that Zabransky may be playing in Europe (pro) next year. I guess we will know better on June 27 if the Blazers take an import pick. (I assume they will want to bring back Baragano).

I struggled coming up with a line-up is tough because of a GLUT of left handed players and help needed on the right side? I admit I did not see enough games to

Centers:

Zary
Stankoven (playing on the right?)
Bankier
Belton
Levis (playing on the right?)

Left Wing:

Centazzo
Stuart
Sopotyk
Kuefler
Appelt

Right Wing:

Import Replacement filling Zabransky's spot
Seminoff
Spencer
One more playing out of position

Extras:
Minten is left handed.
Johnson I don't know about except he is listed as a center.

Defensemen

Schmiemann
Onyebuchi or Strange
Baragano
Brandwood
Lindgren
(D-man replacing Onyebuchi/Strange)
Extra: Weller

Goaltenders

Garand
The backup could be Ernst or Ramsay - Ramsay might get a return and maybe address the right side?

Help me out juniorhockeyguru?

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Regina Pats:

Gushchin-Nijhoff-Denomie
Brook-Dubinsky-Bedard
Carrier-Massier-Englot
Whitehead-Armstrong-Sanders

D:

Walker-Evans
Onyebuchi(via trade)-L.Feist
Johnson-Sedov

G:
Kruger(via trade)
Kieper

Interesting to see Onyebuchi there - as I think Regina is certainly a possible destination for one of Strange or Onyebuchi if they are on the market (and I think they are) and assuming as over-ages pre-waiver the Pats do not have to pay full value (similar to the Hughes deal where the Blazers got him for an under-performing 18 year old that didn't stick with the Blades and a second and third round pick).

Who or what do you think the Pats trade? I note that you do not have 20 year old Krane listed - but I don't think the Blazers would want a 20 year old as they still have the same predicament of waiving Krane after receiving him for nothing, the defenseman that stays (Onyebuchi or Strange), or Stuart (if Krane is considered an improvement over Stuart and I'm not sure that's true) to make room.

Are Makai Mithcel, Cole Carrier, Steven Zonneveld, or Carter Massier options with picks?

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Interesting to see Onyebuchi there - as I think Regina is certainly a possible destination for one of Strange or Onyebuchi if they are on the market (and I think they are) and assuming as over-ages pre-waiver the Pats do not have to pay full value (similar to the Hughes deal where the Blazers got him for an under-performing 18 year old that didn't stick with the Blades and a second and third round pick).

Who or what do you think the Pats trade? I note that you do not have 20 year old Krane listed - but I don't think the Blazers would want a 20 year old as they still have the same predicament of waiving Krane after receiving him for nothing, the defenseman that stays (Onyebuchi or Strange), or Stuart (if Krane is considered an improvement over Stuart and I'm not sure that's true) to make room.

Are Makai Mithcel, Cole Carrier, Steven Zonneveld, or Carter Massier options with picks?

I think any chance of acquiring another overage defenceman went out the window when the Pats acquired the services of Roddy Ross. My lineup prognostication preceded the Ross acquisition as I'm now of the opinion that they'll enter the 2020-2021 campaign with the aformentioned Ross, Kyle Walker and one of Carson Denomie or Riley Krane as the 20's.The Pats current pressing need is adding more talent to play alongside Bedard. The status of Danil Gushchin very much remains in serious limbo with the ever growing doubt that he'll don a Pats uniform therefore Regina will have to be creative in securing that eighteen year old forward.

Reactions: drivier

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Well offensively Stuart really regressed that way last year. So you're not saving a spot for him because he adds a lot when it comes to offense. He's a tough kid and gritty and I think has what it takes to be a leader. There's this perception that Onyebuchi is there to add toughness. In my opinion, he doesn't show it enough. He can be very lazy and turns the puck over too much for my liking. Strange meanwhile really came out last year. Excellent skater and makes smart plays. I think I would take him over Montana. I do not think trading him to Portland or any team in the West is an option. I think he would bring back the most in a trade.

As for the backup situation goes, I wouldn't be shocked if Ernst is send back for another year to get some games in, and have Ramsay back. Cam Johnson isn't signed yet, Appelt is a 20, and Zabransky signed in Europe.

Centazzo-Zary-Stankhoven
Sopotyk-Stuart-Pillar
Kuefler-Bankier-Seminoff
Minten-Levis-Belton-Spencer

Strange-Vet trade
Schmiemann-Baragano
Brandwood-Lindgren-Bairos

Garand
Ramsay

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Well offensively Stuart really regressed that way last year....

Thanks. That was the insight I needed. Did Stankoven play on the wing? As I recall he was out for faceoffs more often than not on video. The trials of no longer living in Kamloops. I suspect you believe that in the Import draft the Blazers will be looking to fill a spot on either the blue line or the right side?

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Thanks. That was the insight I needed. Did Stankoven play on the wing? As I recall he was out for faceoffs more often than not on video. The trials of no longer living in Kamloops. I suspect you believe that in the Import draft the Blazers will be looking to fill a spot on either the blue line or the right side?

Stankhoven centered the 2nd line. But Zary and Centazzo have really good chemistry with Logan.

Josh Pillar will take over as the 2nd line center.

Reactions: drivier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad