Prediction: HF's Top 10 Prospects

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Explain why you think that. I think they are about equal in upside, just that Montoya has proven more thus far. Both are potential franchise goaltenders.

Hummm... Jaroslav Halak proved more than Al Montoya in the AHL at this point.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Explain why you think that. I think they are about equal in upside, just that Montoya has proven more thus far. Both are potential franchise goaltenders.

Price was picked 5th, Montoya was picked 6th, that is 1 better

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

sure montoya did won a wjc mvp ...;)
I won't deny montoya skillset but there is one player that will make it almost impossible to make it with the NYR and his name is Henrik Lundqvist.

As for Price upside .. they are both very mentaly strong with good puck control goalie but IMO Price get the notch in terms of athletic agility.

anyway again nothing against montoya but he's also 2 years older ..
IMO at their same stage of their respective career price is better.
but again make a case for montoya over price like you want .. it's like compairing fleury & lehtonen..

GSK*

sure montoya did won a wjc mvp ...;)
I won't deny montoya skillset but there is one player that will make it almost impossible to make it with the NYR and his name is Henrik Lundqvist.

As for Price upside .. they are both very mentaly strong with good puck control goalie but IMO Price get the notch in terms of athletic agility.

anyway again nothing against montoya but he's also 2 years older ..
IMO at their same stage of their respective career price is better.
but again make a case for montoya over price like you want .. it's like compairing fleury & lehtonen..

Thanks for your answer, this is exactly what I was going to say to him. :handclap:

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Let's see if I can make things interesting and add a piece to the puzzle. The first person to reply to this post can ask any question about a player being or not being in the top 10 and I will answer it.

Montoya?
Price?
Radulov?
Whatever?

First person

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Let's see if I can make things interesting and add a piece to the puzzle. The first person to reply to this post can ask any questions about a player being or not being in the top 10 and I will answer it.

Montoya?
Price?
Radulov?
Whatever?

First person
Is Price top 10?

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
while hfboard are very strict with their ranking.
your rarely see a guy jump 30 spot even tough he might deserves it ..
it took 4 years or so to remove grigorenko(unless he's in the top 25:amazed: ) from the top 50 , samething with Jani Rita.
so to put the last hf ranked 47th overall player in carey price into the top 10 in a spam of 7 months is too much to swallow for hf staff pride.

take that !:p:

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
1 EJ
2 Backstrom
3 JJ
4 Toews
5 Radulov
6 Price
7 Mueller
8 Staal
9 Rask
10 um...Ryan

halco

Oct 6, 2004
Texas
My wild guess...

1. Eric Johnson
2. Anze Kopitar (has only played 63 games due to injury)
3. Nicklas Backstrom
4. Jack Johnson
5. Alexander Radulov
6. Phil Kessel
7. Jonathon Toews
8. Bobby Ryan
9. Cam Barker
10. Marc Staal

If Kopitar doesn't for some reason qualify, then move 3 - 10 up a spot and put Kyle Okoposo in the #10 spot.

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone else have a feeling that Kyle Okposo could be the best forward of this group in 5-7 years?? Not an Isles fan just really impressed with what I've seen. Saying that, he probably will fall just outside the top 5 on HF's list assuming they don't include the current NHLers nearing 65 games played.

I really like this guy! It seems so odd that the islanders picked him, although he did kinda fall into their laps...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->