Prediction Game

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm starting to get amped for the season and I find myself with way too much time on my hands. So I figured it might be fun to make some predictions about the season, and then, at season's end, we can come back and see who was the closest on certain player stats or team accomplishments or whatever.

Figured I'd make the thread now, so we have plenty of time to edit things into our posts. Feel free to come up with your own, or to predict as much or as little as you'd like. We can all edit the categories we like into our posts as people come up with them.

TEAM RECORD: 53-21-8 (114 Points)

SEASON FINISH: Another heartbreaking SCF loss, 7 games vs. Anaheim

HF VOTED SEASON MVP: Victor Hedman

SCORING STATISTICS (Goals - Assists - Points)

1. Nikita Kucherov 35 - 47 - 82
2. Tyler Johnson 27 - 53 - 80
3. Steven Stamkos 45 - 31 - 76
4. Ondrej Palat 20 - 48 - 68
5. Jonathan Drouin 16 - 39 - 55
6. Victor Hedman 15 - 40 - 55
7. Ryan Callahan 20 - 27 - 47
8. Val Filppula 13 - 34 - 47
9. Anton Stralman 10 - 33 - 43
10. Alex Killorn 16 - 22 - 38
11. Jason Garrison 3 - 27 - 30
12. Cedric Paquette 10 - 13 - 23
13. Vlad Namestnikov 9 - 14 - 23
14. Brian Boyle 8 - 10 - 18
15. Eric Condra 6 - 10 - 16
16. Matt Carle 3 - 12 - 15
17. Braydon Coburn 2 - 12 - 14
18. J.T. Brown 7 - 5 - 12
19. Andrej Sustr 1 - 8 - 9
20. Jon Marchessault 3 - 3 - 6
21. Luke Witkowski 0 - 4 - 4
22. Slater Koekkoek 1 - 2 - 3

Goalies
1. Ben Bishop 2.35 GAA, .922%, 6 SO
2. Andrei Vasilevskiy 2.55 GAA, .917, 1 SO

Q&A

Q: Will Slater Koekkeok play 20 games in the NHL?

A: Yes.

Q: Will Matt Carle be a member of the TB Lightning after the trade deadline?

Q: If anybody, what current player will not be a member of the TB Lightning after the trade deadline?

A: Vlad Namestnikov

Q: Will any member of the TB Lightning bring home NHL hardware this year?

A: Yes, Jon Cooper.

--

Feel free to add stuff. :)

Last edited:

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I'll take a stab at a few of these, but not the point totals/record yet.

SEASON FINISH: We win the cup in 7 vs. Anaheim.

HF VOTED SEASON MVP: Stamkos returns to form.

A: Yes, but not this season. :)

A: Yes, but not at the start of next season.

Q: If anybody, what current player will not be a member of the TB Lightning after the trade deadline?

A: I'll go with Vladdy as well.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'll take a stab at a few of these, but not the point totals/record yet.

SEASON FINISH: We win the cup in 7 vs. Anaheim.

HF VOTED SEASON MVP: Stamkos returns to form.

A: Yes, but not this season. :)

A: Yes, but not at the start of next season.

A: I'll go with Vladdy as well.

season finish- lightning win the cup in 7 vs the blackhawks

team- mvp - tyler johnson

koekkoek- will play in the ahl all season

matt carle- will be on the team at the deadline but he will be traded next summer

I predict- alex killorn will be traded at the deadline for a prospect, 2nd round draft pick and 4th round draft pick. I think yzerman gets a offer he can't say no to after paying kucherov and stamkos killorn asks for 4 per season which we can't pay.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Too lazy to post predictions right now, but man we could potentially have 8, 50+ point scorers next year with Johnson, Kucherov, Palat, Drouin, Stamkos, Callahan, Filppula and Hedman, and an outside shot with Killorn and Stralman, wow.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Too lazy to post predictions right now, but man we could potentially have 8, 50+ point scorers next year with Johnson, Kucherov, Palat, Drouin, Stamkos, Callahan, Filppula and Hedman, and an outside shot with Killorn and Stralman, wow.

Yeah, I went back and counted last season's, hoping I wasn't being too unrealistic. And the potential is just really there. Stralman, to me, is a very interesting guy to keep an eye on. I agree that there's an outside shot he hits that number.

It's hard to say how close to a full season Callahan will play, and his offensive role could diminish as the season goes on, so I parked him slightly under 50. Flip, I think, will suffer from a diminished offensive role too. But even so, it's not unimaginable to think either of those guys hit 50.

Killorn, I think, might just be one of those guys who performs at an entirely different level in the playoffs. Not sure we ever see him have a big regular season.

TheTriplets

May 18, 2015
TEAM RECORD: 48-25-9 (105 Points)

SEASON FINISH: ECF 3-4 loss to the Caps

1. Nikita Kucherov 37 - 42 - 79
2. Steven Stamkos 48 - 27 - 75
3. Tyler Johnson 31 - 44 - 75
4. Ondrej Palat 19 - 51 - 70
5. Victor Hedman 14 - 42 - 56
6. Jonathan Drouin 14 - 35 - 49
7. Ryan Callahan 21 - 24 - 45
8. Val Filppula 15 - 30 - 45
9. Alex Killorn 20 - 24 - 44
10. Anton Stralman 6 - 32 - 38
11. Jason Garrison 5 - 22 - 27
12. Cedric Paquette 12 - 11 - 23
13. Vlad Namestnikov 9 - 14 - 23
14. Brian Boyle 6 - 11 - 17
15. Eric Condra 10 - 7 - 17
16. Matt Carle 2 - 14 - 16
17. Andrej Sustr 2 - 11 - 13
18. Braydon Coburn 1 - 10 - 11
19. J.T. Brown 5 - 5 - 10
20. Jon Marchessault 2 - 3 - 5
21. Luke Witkowski 0 - 2 - 2
22. Slater Koekkoek 1 - 1 - 2
23. Adam Erne 1 - 0 - 1
24. Anthony DeAngelo 0 - 1 - 1

Goalies
1. Ben Bishop 2.42 GAA, .918%, 4 SO
2. Andrei Vasilevskiy 2.67 GAA, .916, 2 SO

Q&A

A: Not this year.

A: Does Gudlevskis count? Otherwise I'll take Namestnikov as well.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, I went back and counted last season's, hoping I wasn't being too unrealistic. And the potential is just really there. Stralman, to me, is a very interesting guy to keep an eye on. I agree that there's an outside shot he hits that number.

It's hard to say how close to a full season Callahan will play, and his offensive role could diminish as the season goes on, so I parked him slightly under 50. Flip, I think, will suffer from a diminished offensive role too. But even so, it's not unimaginable to think either of those guys hit 50.

Killorn, I think, might just be one of those guys who performs at an entirely different level in the playoffs. Not sure we ever see him have a big regular season.

Regardless if Callahan does not get the gig with Stamkos, but has Flip as a center and not ****ing Paquette and is getting decent PP time, he should have no problem hitting 50 points if he stays healthy for most of the season. I think Flip will have a bounce back season, and if paired with Callahan they should both have very good seasons. Now If Cally gets the gig with say Drouin and Stamkos he will have a career season, something I really want to see, and I'm sure everyone here does as well, since this team seems to win anytime Cally scores.

It just seems one year into his contract, after scoring 54 points in 77 games (76 Games really), some people here want to write him off or throw him on the 3rd line and feel he is not good enough to be in our top 6. I don't understand why he is not considered to be one of our top 6 forwards or gets the respect of one, after what he did last season. I just don't get it. This is not about being a Callafan, it's just common sense after looking at his numbers and potential while still in his prime.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Regardless if Callahan does not get the gig with Stamkos, but has Flip as a center and not ****ing Paquette and is getting decent PP time, he should have no problem hitting 50 points if he stays healthy for most of the season. I think Flip will have a bounce back season, and if paired with Callahan they should both have very good seasons. Now If Cally gets the gig with say Drouin and Stamkos he will have a career season, something I really want to see, and I'm sure everyone here does as well, since this team seems to win anytime Cally scores.

It just seems one year into his contract, after scoring 54 points in 77 games (76 Games really), some people here want to write him off or throw him on the 3rd line and feel he is not good enough to be in our top 6. I don't understand why he is not considered to be one of our top 6 forwards or gets the respect of one, after what he did last season. I just don't get it. This is not about being a Callafan, it's just common sense after looking at his numbers and potential while still in his prime.

Because if Drouin can play the RW, I'd rather have Stamkos-Drouin a hundred times over. It really is about you being some huge "Callafan", not sure why you think Callahan must be in the top-6 at all cost it's not like playing with Filppula on the 3rd line is bad for him. they'll likely be used as the #1 shutdown role or playing against lesser defensive pairings, either is good for the team, so who the **** cares what line # he's playing on.

Would it seriously bother you as much if the line combos were:

Palat-Johnson-Kucheov
Paquette-Filppula-Callahan
Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin

there you go, Callahan in the "top-6".

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because if Drouin can play the RW, I'd rather have Stamkos-Drouin a hundred times over. It really is about you being some huge "Callafan", not sure why you think Callahan must be in the top-6 at all cost it's not like playing with Filppula on the 3rd line is bad for him. they'll likely be used as the #1 shutdown role or playing against lesser defensive pairings, either is good for the team, so who the **** cares what line # he's playing on.

Would it seriously bother you as much if the line combos were:

Palat-Johnson-Kucheov
Paquette-Filppula-Callahan
Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin

there you go, Callahan in the "top-6".

It's more about living up to his contract, and his production last season, he should be getting top 6 time, that is my point dude. Honestly, I'm tired of speculation and what the lines will be next season, because knowing Callahan over his career who always tends to get bumped up whenever he moves down. He did it in the regular season and in the cup finals. So I'm not really concerned to be honest, just think it's better for the team to still have him as one of our top 6 forwards, because he is. I feel for what he is getting paid, he should be hitting at least 50 points, then with all the other intangibles he brings, that contract looks very good.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

No one but you seems to think it's a sign of disrespect to have Callahan playing on the 3rd line. It's not writing him off. Are you really that worried about Rangers fans thinking they were right to not give Callahan his contract because he's "a third liner"?

Look at the depth on this team. Callahan's going to spend some time in the top-six regardless, but it makes a lot of sense to use him in the bottom-six too. He just spent 3/4 of the year on Stamkos's line, and, like it or not, Stamkos had a pretty terrible year. That's not Callahan's fault. But it doesn't mean he gets to be glued to Stamkos's side either, just so his fans can feel good that he's playing on the top line.

We're too deep for that. If Callahan/Stamkos/Drouin works out, then great. Awesome. But it's not the ONLY option. And a lot of the other options have Cally on 3rd. That doesn't mean we're "throwing" him there or "writing him off." There was a span in the finals where his line, the 3rd line, was our best line. And thank goodness, otherwise it might have been a short series.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No one but you seems to think it's a sign of disrespect to have Callahan playing on the 3rd line. It's not writing him off. Are you really that worried about Rangers fans thinking they were right to not give Callahan his contract because he's "a third liner"?

Look at the depth on this team. Callahan's going to spend some time in the top-six regardless, but it makes a lot of sense to use him in the bottom-six too. He just spent 3/4 of the year on Stamkos's line, and, like it or not, Stamkos had a pretty terrible year. That's not Callahan's fault. But it doesn't mean he gets to be glued to Stamkos's side either, just so his fans can feel good that he's playing on the top line.

We're too deep for that. If Callahan/Stamkos/Drouin works out, then great. Awesome. But it's not the ONLY option. And a lot of the other options have Cally on 3rd. That doesn't mean we're "throwing" him there or "writing him off." There was a span in the finals where his line, the 3rd line, was our best line. And thank goodness, otherwise it might have been a short series.

Yeah our depth is awesome and our 3rd line has the potential to be a very good 2nd line on most teams so we have that. I just want him to get that opportunity while still in his prime, because I know he can pull in some very good numbers. I don't feel it is time for him to take a backseat yet. It's too soon for that. Just have to see how next season pans out with this.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
One of my big hopes for next season is that we not only does Drouin take another step but that Names and/or Paquette does as well (or someone from the Crunch) because regardless of how the lineup looks we need to have another consistant player on the 3rd line to make us really dangerous in case the first two lines get shut down or have an off-night and I hope that Names could be that guy because while a back-to-normal Fil and wether we see Cally or Killorn there we need a good 3rd person for that line to really be great and hopefully someone can step up and be that person.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah our depth is awesome and our 3rd line has the potential to be a very good 2nd line on most teams so we have that. I just want him to get that opportunity while still in his prime, because I know he can pull in some very good numbers. I don't feel it is time for him to take a backseat yet. It's too soon for that. Just have to see how next season pans out with this.

The third line on this team is not going to be a backseat. Especially not if Flip, a Cooper favorite, is playing there. It'll still be the same minutes. The only difference is he might actually find someone with whom he's strike up some real chemistry.

Val Filppula's first year with us was incredible. He was in the conversation for team MVP. But he spent most of last year on the 3rd line despite that, and despite his contract. And we had a great year.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The third line on this team is not going to be a backseat. Especially not if Flip, a Cooper favorite, is playing there. It'll still be the same minutes. The only difference is he might actually find someone with whom he's strike up some real chemistry.

Val Filppula's first year with us was incredible. He was in the conversation for team MVP. But he spent most of last year on the 3rd line despite that, and despite his contract. And we had a great year.

It sucks we cannot role KFC as our 3rd line, because one of those guys will be with Stamkos.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
New Q: Will any member of the TB Lightning bring home NHL hardware this year?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
New Q: Will any member of the TB Lightning bring home NHL hardware this year?

Hedman is my best bet but it's hard to know right now, if the Selke was for anyone but centers then I'd say Palat could have a chance at that, especially if he keeps developing and get even better but the chance that he would get votes enough in a category where players like Toews, Kopitar and Bergeron are still top since they are all really good two-way as well as top-line centers the chance is slimmad, same I guess with Bishop winning for The same reson but you should never say never, I think our run last year have opened a lot of peoples eyes on our players. Stamkos if he has a good year and Johnson could also be nominerad for something. But overall I say the best bet is still Hedman.

Oh, and I guess both Coop and SFY have a chance in the Coach and GM award categories.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
TEAM RECORD: 50-20-12 (112 Points)

SEASON FINISH: ECF loss against Washington

Got a little lazy just did the top 10...

Stamkos - 45 - 35 - 80
Johnson - 28 - 40 - 68
Kucherov - 26 - 36 - 64
Palat - 19 - 40 - 59
Callahan - 27 - 30 - 57
Drouin - 15 - 40 - 55
Hedman - 12 - 40 - 52
Filppula - 18 - 32 - 50
Stralman - 10 - 33 - 44
Killorn - 16 - 25 - 41

Goalies
1. Ben Bishop 0.99 GAA, .999%, 16 SO
2. Andrei Vasilevskiy 1.01 GAA, .986, 6 SO

Q&A

A: Hopefully

A: Hopefully not

A: J.T. Brown

Q: Will any member of the TB Lightning bring home NHL hardware this year?

A: Yes, Victor Hedman.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
TEAM RECORD: 55-19-8 (118 Points)

SEASON FINISH: SC Champions, 6 games vs. Anaheim

HF VOTED SEASON MVP: Tyler Johnson

1. Nikita Kucherov 32 - 45 - 77
2. Tyler Johnson 29 - 46 - 75
3. Steven Stamkos 48 - 33 - 81
4. Ondrej Palat 24 - 53 - 77
5. Jonathan Drouin 12 - 57 - 69
6. Victor Hedman 14 - 33 - 47
7. Ryan Callahan 23 - 30 - 53
8. Val Filppula 17 - 33 - 50
9. Anton Stralman 8 - 32 - 40
10. Alex Killorn 18 - 27 - 45
11. Jason Garrison 5 - 25 - 30
12. Cedric Paquette 9 - 16 - 25
13. Vlad Namestnikov 12 - 27 - 39
14. Brian Boyle 8 - 13 - 21
15. Eric Condra 11 - 11 - 22
16. Matt Carle 5 - 27 - 32
17. Braydon Coburn 4 - 15 - 19
18. J.T. Brown 2 - 12 - 14
19. Andrej Sustr 2 - 12 - 14
20. Jon Marchessault 6 - 12 - 18
21. Luke Witkowski 1 - 6 - 7
22. Slater Koekkoek 2 - 6 - 8

Goalies
1. Ben Bishop 2.12 GAA, .927%, 10 SO
2. Andrei Vasilevskiy 2.15 GAA, .923, 3 SO

Q&A

A: No

A: Yes

A: No significant moves unless someone gets season ending injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00