News Article: Predicting the Next 5 Years for the Detroit Red Wings

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Fun article indeed but bringing back Glendening at 2 years @ 2.5mil per would be so stupid after finally trading him. He is so overrated

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
How about trading down from 3 to 6 and 8 ?
That's the kind of shit I would like to see. Tanking is so god damn pointless when you aren't even guaranteed a 50% chance at a top 3 overall pick. So happy the tankers finally got what they wanted the past few seasons and we have zilch to show for it other than a fractured franchise

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think the author understands how contracts are actually going to work or has factored in for the new USA tv deal that will start impacting negotiations in a big way this off-season really it already has on some of last years RFA deals...

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Read this last month...Interesting but unrealistic & somewhat bizarre moves. No mention of DDK in the 2nd year & still under contract, Way overpay for Demko, 2 60+pt Dmen in the same season, Mentions ROR as a 2C, but we already have PLDubois there? Nemeth for a 5th @TDL is cheap, more like a 3rd. Logjam at F & we sign M.Karlsson & Hyman? Lose to C.Price @38yrs old with our great roster in '25? Mantha less $ than Bert (I know 2yrs vs. 4), mentions "bridge deals" for both? As mentioned McJesus & Drai combining for 270 is more probable than most of what he wrote.

Best thing he wrote was Brodin $6/5yrs & acquiring Werenski & PLD for Cholo+2nd+(2)1sts (who we drafted)

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Well from this article I can see future discussions in the future

If we land the 3rd pick should we trade down if something became available ? ex. 6th+8th
Should we pursue Toews from the isles ? Krug in the offseason ?
Very curious who we will look at in the offseason, will we sign someone that can have an impact on the future or more stop gaps to keep the rookies down in the ahl ?

Just trying to be optimistic on our future, hoping for some savvy moves and not just wait out bad contracts and hope for the #1 pick.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That's the kind of shit I would like to see. Tanking is so god damn pointless when you aren't even guaranteed a 50% chance at a top 3 overall pick. So happy the tankers finally got what they wanted the past few seasons and we have zilch to show for it other than a fractured franchise

I think it's awesome KH intentionally and deliberately did the opposite from 2013-2017 and failed miserably right?

Reactions: odin1981

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
So Seider is going to play with Drysdale and then with Hronek? That would just be plain stupid. You don't play 2 RHD together. Most RHD struggle to play their opposite side. Since RHD are rarer most grow up always playing the right side.
Also McIsaac just a 3rd pairing guy nah he is trending as a 2nd pairing guy and the perfect partner for Hronek.

Other than that it was a fun article.

Reactions: DatsDeking

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I don't either, but the question is if it WAS available would you consider it ?

3OA +32nd for 6th , 8th

or you just gonna throw out the classic "Not happening, or Never gonna happen" line

Not coming at you, but did you write this or have a hand it it or something? I found it a fun read, but a lot of it comes down to fantasizing about the future which I guess is where we’re at given this abysmal season haha.

To answer your question though, would I drop the 3rd for a 6th and 8th? Possibly. I guess it depends on who is drafting 4th and 5th and what we know about their needs. In a land where we know we have a good chance of grabbing Drysdale /Raymond at 6th (I don’t recall who we picked first in the article), yeah I guess I do. And if it’s a 2021 second we’re dropping as well. Yeah ok, I can live with that.

Reactions: rhef3

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I don't either, but the question is if it WAS available would you consider it ?

3OA +32nd for 6th , 8th

or you just gonna throw out the classic "Not happening, or Never gonna happen" line
I’d do it assuming Lafrenière & Byfield are gone

Reactions: hkydave04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad