Predicting the 2020 USA Basketball Olympic roster

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
LOL well it is an exhibition. Even the original Dream Team dropped an exhibition to college players once upon a time. But still lolworthy.

Daly threw the game to teach his players a lesson:

However, on June 24, the Dream Team lost to the NCAA team, 62–54, after underestimating the opposition. Daly intentionally limited Jordan's playing time and made non-optimal substitutions; assistant coach Mike Krzyzewski later said that the head coach "threw the game" to teach the NBA players that they could be beaten. The teams played again the following day, with the Olympians winning decisively in the rematch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Never change Pop…

Daly threw the game to teach his players a lesson:

I saw coach K say that too and it worked the way Daly wanted it to but come now, even just Laettner and the four ‘worst’ pros on the team still should have housed the college kids.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
The modern day NBA is a disaster and that has been reflected on the world stage for years. Back to back losses to Nigeria (are you joking) and Australia aren't the least bit surprising. The NBA is a gimmick 3pt shooting league with very little defense and an incredible reliance on officiating through flopping. Old school fundamental basketball can and will defeat it.

Maybe they'll get their act together, maybe not. All I know is I couldn't care less either way and won't be watching. US basketball is an unwatchable mess of a product and isn't the least bit entertaining. The Dream Team would have beaten both these teams by 60.

Once we started to move away from fundamental basketball and instead starting falling in love with "And 1" gimmick nonsense, this was all inevitable.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The modern day NBA is a disaster and that has been reflected on the world stage for years. Back to back losses to Nigeria (are you joking) and Australia aren't the least bit surprising. The NBA is a gimmick 3pt shooting league with very little defense and an incredible reliance on officiating through flopping. Old school fundamental basketball can and will defeat it.

Maybe they'll get their act together, maybe not. All I know is I couldn't care less either way and won't be watching. US basketball is an unwatchable mess of a product and isn't the least bit entertaining. The Dream Team would have beaten both these teams by 60.

Once we started to move away from fundamental basketball and instead starting falling in love with "And 1" gimmick nonsense, this was all inevitable.
great thread on how these guys think they're still playing with NBA refs

Reactions: Voight and DMB06
Sep 19, 2008
great thread on how these guys think they're still playing with NBA refs

in the NBA if he dove like that he would get the foul because "he is a superstar"

in FIBA they swallowed the whistle :laugh:

yeah it's gonna be a long day for them

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Argentina isn't the team they once were. Their leading scorer was Luis Scola (yes that one) with 16 pts

But hey, I guess a win is a win at this point

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Aren't they still missing Book/Holiday?

Regardless, this is the weakest team they've put together since 2004 so while the two loses are concerning, its somewhat understandable.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

Regardless, this is the weakest team they've put together since 2004 so while the two loses are concerning, its somewhat understandable.
they shouldn't need booker/middleton/holiday to beat teams like nigeria and australia when they already have KD, lillard, tatum, and beal

Reactions: Voight

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

Lmao @ calling the 2004 team “weak.” They had Tim Duncan in his prime FFS. Their failure had more to do with the lack of chemistry and a better competition.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Lmao @ calling the 2004 team “weak.” They had Tim Duncan in his prime FFS. Their failure had more to do with the lack of chemistry and a better competition.

Compared to the 2008, 2012 and 2016 teams? Yea 2004 was a weaker team than those 3. Probably weaker than the 96 & 2000 teams as well.

The 2004 team only had one All-NBA player from the year before and two all stars (from the preceding season), which was the lowest amount ever for the US.

It was kind of a generational gap, i.e. before the new generation became top player and with a lot of the old guard opting not to play (since some of them had won in 2000)

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
and larry brown being the worst possible coach for that team

if you look at the 2000 team, i'd say that roster was weaker than 04. other countries had just caught up to team USA by 04

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
love is out

they should replace him with trae young. team needs a playmaker badly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->