Where will Brady play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Wonder if there is any truth to this...

"A former New England staffer says Belichick knows he can't win with any other available QB."

That doesn't sound like Belichick. You think he and Brady really think they can't win with anyone else?

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
"A former New England staffer says Belichick knows he can't win with any other available QB."

That doesn't sound like Belichick. You think he and Brady really think they can't win with anyone else?
No that doesn't sound like something Belichick would say publicly, but when you think about it though, it's not actually that much of a stretch.

Besides Brees, who is either retiring or re-signing, what available QB to do think has a chance to lead the Pats to the SB next season? Rivers is done. Newton is a question mark. Dalton has never won a playoff game. Dak will re-sign in Dallas. Bridgewater could be an interesting stop-gap option until Stidham is ready or Pats draft their next starter but he certainly wouldn't make the Pats a legitimate SB contender. Did I miss anyone else?

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Considering what is the likely pool of available free agent QBs, I don't think it's so outlandish for Belichick to say that.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Considering what is the likely pool of available free agent QBs, I don't think it's so outlandish for Belichick to say that.

I doubt he would say that publicly though. I would even doubt if he said it to begin with. Sounds like propaganda from the Brady camp. Wouldnt be surprised if in the next week we get a "quote" from BB's camp that says something along the lines of "BB feels like Stidham is ready to start next year".

Both sides are trying to leverage the other. This is BB vs Brady with Kraft as the negotiator

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

These reports do not surprise me. I've maintained that I think he's gone.

Really can take most of this with a grain of salt. The reports a few days ago where that he was likely to return. Both sides have been posturing for months now and trying to leverage the other side through the media

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Last week Darlington had the Titans and Raiders as the front runners for Brady.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
In my view it’s a 3 team race between the chargers, the raiders, and the pats. LA and LV would both be more lucrative in that they will offer money and a new market for TB12 to penetrate. The pats may or may not offer competitive money but they have the familiarity with him and if the prior reports are true they have a willingness to load up on offense

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
In my view it’s a 3 team race between the chargers, the raiders, and the pats. LA and LV would both be more lucrative in that they will offer money and a new market for TB12 to penetrate. The pats may or may not offer competitive money but they have the familiarity with him and if the prior reports are true they have a willingness to load up on offense

I'd throw in the Titans with the Vrabel/Robinson connection.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Brady needs to sign with NE before free agency begins or they eat the $13 mill in dead cap this season even if he signs with them a couple of days after free agency begins.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
From Albert Breer (SI): "The Giants and Colts aren’t among those suitors. You can cross them off the list. I was told pretty emphatically that neither will be in the mix if Brady does make it to free agency."

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hope the Niners speculation is real. I'm not a fan of either team but I always root for maximum chaos in the offseason and this would certainly provide it. Brady going back to the Pats is too boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->