Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
My prediction is the Chargers.

First, I think Belichick stays and Brady leaves.

This is the first time Brady will be a free agent and I think he'll want to experience that.

I think the time has come for them to try it without each other.

As for the Chargers...California team, new stadium, need a QB, Brady will fill the seats, good weapons on offense.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I haven't followed this but it's shocking to me that people think he's going to play for someone else than the Pats.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
After reading Brady’s latest IG post, and hearing from Willie McGinest (former Patriot and one of Brady’s good friends), I’m going to say that staying in NE is the most likely outcome.

Although it wouldn’t surprise me to see him test free agency and take any offers back to the Pats to maximize his contract. We’ve seen that happen before with numerous guys including Slater, D McCourty and Edelman.

Some, including myself, believed that had McDaniels gotten the Panthers job then they made the most sense but obviously that ship has sailed. Now with the Browns as McD’s only opportunity I don’t think Brady is tied to him, however, should McD not get the Browns job and return to the Pats then I’d say that only increases Brady’s chances of staying.

Plus he just bought a new mansion in Connecticut and sold his LA home a few years ago to Dr. Dre partially because Giselle hates LA so I really doubt he would play on the west coast (including Las Vegas) while his family is in CT.

The biggest thing though is that the Pats have the cap space to give Brady a competitive contract and get him the offensive weapons he desires so not to have a repeat of this year. Factor in Kraft’s obvious influence and I don’t think Brady playing elsewhere is really as big of an option as the media would like to believe. But, anything can happen and I’ve been wrong plenty of times before so who knows...

Reactions: TB12 and Bocephus86

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If it was a Pure Football decision, I think there are teams like Indy that make sense.
But, family will pay a big part and I doubt his wife is interested in having Indy be their home base.

If not NE, I think LAC make the most sense. Then I would think Chicago.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Brady should want to stay in the AFC East. Where else is he going to have a better shot of obtaining the first round bye every year? Just because this was the first time in nearly ten years that they didn't obtain one means that he should jump ship. That bye, among other things, has been crucial to the Patriots success.

If he stays in New England he'll be paid for the past ala Kobe Bryant. They'll also need to upgrade offensive weapons as Gronkowski has masked the decline of Brady for years.

The right move for New England here is to part ways but the backlash would be way too severe. Just have to hold their nose, give Brady an open check and hope for the best. Could be a long time before they ever win another Super Bowl the minute he exits for good. If ever.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Brady should want to stay in the AFC East. Where else is he going to have a better shot of obtaining the first round bye every year? Just because this was the first time in nearly ten years that they didn't obtain one means that he should jump ship. That bye, among other things, has been crucial to the Patriots success.

If he stays in New England he'll be paid for the past ala Kobe Bryant. They'll also need to upgrade offensive weapons as Gronkowski has masked the decline of Brady for years.

The right move for New England here is to part ways but the backlash would be way too severe. Just have to hold their nose, give Brady an open check and hope for the best. Could be a long time before they ever win another Super Bowl the minute he exits for good. If ever.
The bye has been crucial for nearly every team the last 2 decades in winning a SB, not really a Patriots thing, but I appreciate how you associate the bye with the Patriots and success.

I can also guarantee that Brady will not be getting an open check from the Patriots. I'm not even sure they are going to pay him market value to be honest.

Reactions: Bocephus86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->