Predict unsung hero on your team.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Michael Frolik has been this guy for the Flames. He’s just as good defensively as Backlund, but nobody ever talks about him. He’s about as consistent as they come.

Lindholm could be the guy this year. Doing all the dirty work for the top line while Monahan and Gaudreau rack up points.

Someone mentioned Giordano, and I feel like he’s a bit too “on the radar” for a thread like this. Flames fans all know how good he is. Advanced stats fanatics all know how good he is. Maybe he could generate some more praise but he’s certainly not “unsung”.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
For the Wings it'd have to be a kid like Cholowski or Libor Sulak (doubt you've ever heard of him).

Tyler Bertuzzi is a little more well known, but he's going to be a household name around here eventually.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Not really a surprise, but Henrique

Does so many little things well, even when not scoring

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Mark Giordano.

I mean, he's not horribly unsung, but the singing of his praises would metaphorically be the sounds of a dozen people trying to sing happy birthday in tune.
I'd pick Hamonic. He plays well defensively and gets shit on constantly for his lack of production and his fancy stats.

Reactions: Mobiandi and Fig

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Captain Koivu. 10 goals, 15 assists, leadership, grit and soul. He's not the biggest or brightest star in the league, but folks in Minnesota really love this guy.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Tyler Ennis. He will somehow find his ways into the right place at the right time whatever line he is placed on.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
I think Gardiner has a great season in PTS +/- advanced stats lots of Primary assists and he will still get ostracized it set in stone. Opinions will never change you see it all the time on here. Players like that need a defensive minded partner it's not rocket science if the leafs get a couple of solid defensive orientated partners the mistakes will obviously go down that's not all on him. Blows my mind how few can be objective. It's horrible for the game these guys are human everyone and their uncle are experts on the pressures of the game that's why so many make the NHL or any pro league or sport

Give the guy a break ....don't need to pump his tires but see some of the good he brings to the table ......it's always the same lame predictable responses game 7 or this and that .....imagine making a mistake in your lives /jobs and having it blasted all over media or forums or in front of tens of 1000s of people that's what's wrong with sports there rarely is constructive criticism is usually black or white.....most of the people making the comments never felt a moment of real pressure in thier whole lives HAHA probually why they can't relate the dude is a solid TOP 4 D make a list a honest evaluation and you'll see that. I haven't checked but I'm willing to guess at a minimum he is capable of playing top 4 minutes effectivley on half the teams in the league looking at it rationally .

Personally I'd like to see him go somewhere like Chicago where he could take some heavy lifting off Kieth there are a lot of teams that would live to have what he brings you don't produce offence without mistakes

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Like every year- Jesper Fast. Dude is probably the best 4th liner in the league, he fits well on every line with great defense/hustle+some offense

I gotta say, and I don't know why, but I only see about ~10 Rangers games per year and Jesper Fast always sticks out to me. Good skater, good brain, strong hustle, decent hands. I remember thinking a few years ago he could be a 20 goal guy, which doesn't seem likely now, but under the right circumstances he might hit that.

Reactions: Lays

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'd say Sam Reinhart but I see him producing quite a bit playing with Skinner and Eichel, so instead I'll go with Jake McCabe. He's looked the part so far in preseason play after being terribly inconsistent last year. He may be babysitting Dahlin until he gets acclimated too which will be integral for the team's success.
It doesn't matter what numbers Reinhart puts up, you know he's never going to get the credit he deserves. So the answer is easily him.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
joel edmundson

gets forgotten about because pietrangelo and parayko but he has caught up to parayko.
It's closer than most would think, but I wouldn't quite say he's caught up to Parayko. He does have great chemistry with Pie though and I agree with your pick.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Jesus Christ. At least 50% in here doesn't seem to know what the concept of unsung hero means.
The Pulju mentions are confusing indeed, very high draft pick with everyone watching to see if he's going to figure it out or bust, if he has a breakout season everyone's going to know about it. RNH, Brodziak or a d-man would be good Oiler picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad