• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I heard it is supposed to be within 48 hours. Considering the hearing took until 2:30 Friday, I would assume an arbitrator has until 2:30 tomorrow to make his decision.

Thanks. Do you know if it will be publicly announced at that time, or do we still have to wait?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
One year, $5.5 million.

Jets trade him in the 2019 off season.
So about 500k less on 1 year deal then a dmen who signed a 5 year contract and scored 5x the goals then he did and put up almost twice the points last year . He should be happy with 4.5

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
So about 500k less on 1 year deal then a dmen who signed a 5 year contract and scored 5x the goals then he did and put up almost twice the points last year . He should be happy with 4.5

You can't cherry pick contracts. You have to compare what Trouba wants to market value, meaning several (dozens) of D-men who have similar stats, and have signed since 2016. You cannot base what Trouba is worth on one player's contract. If the Jets wanted him long-term, they would have to compensate him for the bridge contract he signed in 2016.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I've thought that Trouba wants to play elsewhere for some time. I think at least some of it is related to his partner, whose career basically forces her to be in the US for training and subsequent work (since she is training in osteopathy, which is not a recognized medical specialty in Canada).

I expect that Chevy has a pretty clear understanding if Trouba doesn't want to be in Winnipeg long term, and will try to maximize the asset in the short term and long term. It's quite possible he'll want to keep Trouba for another season to make a run before trading him, or if he can get a suitable trade that helps short and long term pull the trigger on a trade this summer. Both parties are using the CBA to try to get what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad