• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Trouba does sign, do you really believe it will be between $5.25 - $5.5?

My prediction is 5x5.75.

We have a common pattern here when discussing the impending new contracts of players. As we discuss it, the number creeps up. :laugh:

I think the number varies quite a bit with term. Others seem to think the effect of term is relatively small. We'll see - I hope.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So, is today the day when we finally see the real Jacob Trouba stand up?

Off to bed. By the time I get up, it may be over. :thumbu:

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
So I thought there was no way Hellebuyck was going to get anything over 5 million. WRONG.

I thought no chance Lowry gets a penny over 2.5 million. WRONG AGAIN

So my previous thought on Trouba was 5.5 M x 5 years. Based on how accurate I've been so far: I am now changing the goal posts of my guessing.
Trouba 6.2 million x 4 years based on me believing this is too much.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So, is today the day when we finally see the real Jacob Trouba stand up?

Off to bed. By the time I get up, it may be over. :thumbu:
Well it wasn't over when I got up :laugh:

At this point the odds seem pretty long something gets done before the arb hearing. If it does it truly is on the door steps of the court house. Or maybe across the street at Tim's over breakfast.

I think I will even listen to the Big Show this morning just in case any rumours are floating around.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

At this point the odds seem pretty long something gets done before the arb hearing. If it does it truly is on the door steps of the court house. Or maybe across the street at Tim's over breakfast.

I think I will even listen to the Big Show this morning just in case any rumours are floating around.

Morrissey deserves more than Trouba in my opinion. I don’t get why the numbers are so large for Trouba.
He should be docked $100,000 for every brain-fart in his own end last year. That would bring him down a couple million.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope the arbitrator gives him a good swift kick in the reality area.
Could you imagine if in two days he gets only 4.5 million.
So that means he potentially loses 4 million in two years in salary. Yes, he may make more in his next contract annually but then he's an older UFA and will make less then so isn't this all just a wash?

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
If he takes the arb award he'll make more in the long run, assuming he stays healthy. 1 year ~5, then 1 RFA year and more UFA years than if he'd sign now, and more money, assuming again he can stay healthy.

Assuming again he can stay healthy yeah that's like me driving around without car insurance for a year, not a good idea at all...

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
At this point I would be very surprised if he signs long term here. But who knows. I wonder if his contract is as much of a concern to other players on the team as it is for us fans. LOL

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I always agreed that a courthouse step agreement was likely. That really means at the last minute. What time is the hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad