• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I will go with the 1 year arb for between $5.0 and 6.0

I think 5+ for 1 year is high - even for an arbitrator. I could be mistaken but I think the arbitrator will consider the term and RFA status when setting the amount. So I think that if it is 1 year it will be about 4.5-4.75.

Reactions: ps241

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
there is no way that the arbitration will be 2 years just no way at all.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I think 5+ for 1 year is high - even for an arbitrator. I could be mistaken but I think the arbitrator will consider the term and RFA status when setting the amount. So I think that if it is 1 year it will be about 4.5-4.75.

That`s how I voted - IF he goes to arbitration, the award will be just under 5.0 mil . I can`t help feeling that Troubs wants to be elsewhere as quickly as possible - the unanswerable question is whether Chevy/OV have enough good will to negotiate a one year contract so as to avoid arbitration, with an understanding that Chevy will make all efforts to trade him in that timeframe . Whether that would be in the very short term or potentially as late as TDL/ end of season is difficult to know but my suspicion is that Chevy would clearly like Troubs on the ice for one more run for it all with this roster.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I was hoping 5 years, but now I think the last minute compromise is 4 years. My last minute deal call is 4 years with a $6.25 M AAV.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why? I think with Reilly, Jones, risto, Hamilton, parayko, making in the $5’s in their rfa years the arbitrator is likely to award trouba something in that range.

Jets have to figure out whether Jacob is there for the long haul or not. They can’t make a decision on Myers until trouba is resolved.

If trouba won’t extend long term unless he gets the amount he is seeking and is willing to take the arbitration awards until he hits ufa then the jets need to move him.

Unless the jets opt To sign him at his price.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He is not going to sign long term contract. Going to arbitration.
That’s my feeling too. He’ll be no different than bread man in cbs.

Each did their elc and they can elect to sign contracts that take them to ufa. Whether they choose to sign with the team holding their rights at the time is up to them.

There is a risk of injury or poor performance. But if they are willing to take that risk, no reason to be angry with them.

Trouba can do arbitration this year and again next season to get to ufa at age 26.

I still peg his final 2 rfa years to be worth around $11 million tots for the two years

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I don't think it works like that... :laugh:
How about this. When Helle signed chevy in his interview said Helle was getting 5.5 in arbitration. Then he ended up with 6x6.2. Well that's 700k more in 6 years. Is that that different than if trouba gets 5 in arbitration then signs for 500k more in 4 years. 1 happened last week so not far fetched at all.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why? I think with Reilly, Jones, risto, Hamilton, parayko, making in the $5’s in their rfa years the arbitrator is likely to award trouba something in that range.

Jets have to figure out whether Jacob is there for the long haul or not. They can’t make a decision on Myers until trouba is resolved.

If trouba won’t extend long term unless he gets the amount he is seeking and is willing to take the arbitration awards until he hits ufa then the jets need to move him.

Unless the jets opt To sign him at his price.

Because none of them is on a 1 year, RFA only, arb awarded contract.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I predict 4 years, $6.35m AAV which is probably about a half-million too much for what he'll bring in those 4 years.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was hoping 5 years, but now I think the last minute compromise is 4 years. My last minute deal call is 4 years with a $6.25 M AAV.

Rielly had to go 6 years to get 5. That was 7% of cap at the time, so 5.565 in today's cap. I don't think Trouba gets much more than Rielly. If it is only 2RFA years + 2 UFA years, it shouldn't be over about 5.25 - 5.5 tops.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Still sticking to my prediction of 5 yrs at $6.6 aav.

Though he may be signed for less. Both less term, and lower salary. Say, 4 years at $6 mill.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Rielly had to go 6 years to get 5. That was 7% of cap at the time, so 5.565 in today's cap. I don't think Trouba gets much more than Rielly. If it is only 2RFA years + 2 UFA years, it shouldn't be over about 5.25 - 5.5 tops.
If Trouba does sign, do you really believe it will be between $5.25 - $5.5?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wonder if a NMC / NTC is killing a deal. My guess is that the Jets might go for a 4 year deal, but without trade restrictions so they can move him in 2-3 years. If Trouba is insisting on that short a deal with trade protection in the 3rd and 4th years, I could see that as a deal breaker for the Jets. If he won't sign long term, and insists on trade protection on a shorter term then I could see the Jets going through with a 1 year arbitration contract and then trading him before the season. That gives the receiving team two years of control with a low cap hit for the first year. I could see teams like the Bolts, Isles, Rangers and Red Wings being very interested.

Reactions: Georgetown Al
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad