Predict the Top 5 point leaders for 2017/2018

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Who are your picks to lead the OHL in points this season? List your top 5 in order.

1. Mascherin
2. Kyrou
3. Raddysh
4. N. Suzuki
5. Rymsha

Honorable Mention: Pu, Sherwood, Torpochenko, Hancock, Ruzicka

(Tippett into top 5 if returned by FLA)

Reactions: BenchedGuy

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Early guess at ‘18/‘19:
Morgan Frost
Gabriel Vilardi (if he's back in the OHL)
Akil Thomas
Jack Studnicka
Evan Bouchard

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I think Jack will dominate next year and the Gens will be one of the best teams in the league and score a ton of goals
The gens don’t really play that style. They will probably be a top 5/6 team next year but top 5 point getters seem to always (recently that is) get 95+ points. There have been years where even that didn’t get you in the top 5. I still see Studnicka, even on a team that opened things up more, as a 80-85 point guy

I’ll take a stupid gamble at it,
Frost
Thomas
Suzuki
Jenkins
Dunkley

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The gens don’t really play that style. They will probably be a top 5/6 team next year but top 5 point getters seem to always (recently that is) get 95+ points. There have been years where even that didn’t get you in the top 5. I still see Studnicka, even on a team that opened things up more, as a 80-85 point guy

Frost
Thomas
Suzuki
Jenkins
Dunkley

I also took into account that Jack likely won’t be on the WJ team and will play 60-65 games whereas Frost/Thomas/Suzuki will miss a full month basically

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Doesn't even have 25 goals this year as a third year player. Not saying its impossible but I think its very unlikely.

For sure. I see him getting up to 30-35 goals next year but will have a 3rd year Serron Noel who will put the puck in the net a lot more and either a big trade pickup or 1st round Euro pick on his two wings, I think he can get a bunch of assists there and end up with 95+ points which might be enough to sneak into the lower end of the top 5

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Frost
Thomas
Suzuki
Jenkins
Dunkley
Dunkley? Wow! If this happens then that would be great :)

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Dunkley? Wow! If this happens then that would be great :)
There is always someone that “surprises” and I never expect London to “rebuild” for 2 years. If and assuming they got Formenton and Bouchard back, they could be good. Plus they have a system that allows players to get points. Similar to SSM and Erie. It’s why I wouldn’t pick someone on a team like Oshawa or Windsor. Idk that’s just me. If London gets their players back and they want to be good, they easily will be

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
There is always someone that “surprises” and I never expect London to “rebuild” for 2 years. If and assuming they got Formenton and Bouchard back, they could be good. Plus they have a system that allows players to get points. Similar to SSM and Erie. It’s why I wouldn’t pick someone on a team like Oshawa or Windsor. Idk that’s just me. If London gets their players back and they want to be good, they easily will be
I like it. I also admire the culture of winning that has been created in Erie, SSM and Barrie. I see consistency in these organizations and a pride in playing for each of these teams. I think it would be cool to see that culture created in Sudbury and Flint. I think Byfield could change the culture in one of these cities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->