Predict the top 10 scorers at WJC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I think swede Nicklas Bäckström will surprise a lot of people. Could be one of the top forwards of the tournament, without few people knowing it (yet) :)

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Bobby Ryan will lead the tournament in scoring. Malkin second, Kessel third.

I do know why.

Bobby Ryan can't tie Malkin's skates at this point in time. Same goes for pretty much everyone else in this tournament.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
X-SHARKIE said:
Kessel loves the spot light to be directly on him, he thrives off of personal competition more then team competition.

I expect him to be the 2nd leading scorer behind Malkin.

Good point. That was very noticeable in Minnesota's game against North Dakota last night. The announcers on FOXN made the point that Kessel was trying to send a message though his play (concerning the comparisons between he and Toews).

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Bobby Ryan will lead the tournament in scoring. Malkin second, Kessel third.
i know why :shakehead well since we're in this homer thing, i can't wait to see what Latendresse does, he shines when there's alot of pressure(preseason,Canada-Russia games),i really think that he'l be the ultimate powerforward at this tournament, or atleast i hope :) .

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Epsilon said:
I do know why.

Bobby Ryan can't tie Malkin's skates at this point in time. Same goes for pretty much everyone else in this tournament.

Fair enough, but if there is a player who could match up physically to Malkin and is in the same stratosphere skill-wise it's Ryan. He's been a monster this year and is peaking at the right time for the WJC's. I expect him to be dominant.

espo*

Why is everyone saying Malkin? I thought he was'nt playing the WJC's this year?

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Lauri Tukonen and Lauri Kaprikorski should also challenge for top 10 considering how dominant they were at U18 level.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Koltsov said:
I'm curious as to who people think will be the top scoring defenseman? Johnson? Lee? Smid? Edler?

I think Slava Buravchikov might have an outside shot. He was the best offensive D at the last WJC U18 (6gp 3g+4a). He even had more pts than any Canada's forward. But firstly he needs to make the team and receive good minutes to challenge for that title. But if not Buravchikov then top offensive D on team Russia can be Emelin.

Last edited:

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
1. Evgeni Malkin (RUS)
2. Phil Kessel (USA)
3. Mikael Frolik (CZE)
4. Benoit Pouliot(CAN)
5. Anze Kopitar (SLO) (if they qualify)
6. Guillaume Latendresse (CAN)
7. Petr Pohl (CZE)
8. Roman Voloshenko (RUS)
9. Rob Schremp (USA)
10. Jesse Joenssu (FIN)

Honorable mention:
Niklas Bergfors (SWE)
Niklas Backstrom (SWE)
Bobby Ryan (USA)
Martin Hanzal (CZE)
David Bolland (CAN)
Andrew Cogliano (CAN)
Jack Johnson (USA)

Last edited:

Randall Graves*

I think Malkin is the safe pick to lead the tourney in scoring but I think a line of kessel/schremp/ryan could get one of these guys to give EM a run for his money..

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
Koltsov said:
I'm curious as to who people think will be the top scoring defenseman? Johnson? Lee? Smid? Edler?

Well, don't have much knowledge about the defencemen on most of the teams, but guessing is fun! So:

Johnson and Strålman

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
RallyKiller said:
I think Malkin is the safe pick to lead the tourney in scoring but I think a line of kessel/schremp/ryan could get one of these guys to give EM a run for his money..

Yep. I mean Malkin will get hes points no doubt but you need a strong line to convert your plays ............ i dont know i have a feeling that Malkin ends up with numbers like : 7 GP 8 G + 3 A

This amarican line has a real chance to get one of their guys on the scoring sheet no doubt !

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
cyclops said:
Why is everyone saying Malkin? I thought he was'nt playing the WJC's this year?

Actually it hasn't been officialized by the Russians.

But it wouldn't make sense not sending Malkin to the WJC, because otherwise he'd be playing in that stupid Spengler Cup with his club.

espo*

roshiajin said:
Actually it hasn't been officialized by the Russians.

But it wouldn't make sense not sending Malkin to the WJC, because otherwise he'd be playing in that stupid Spengler Cup with his club.
Not official?i had thought it had been official they were keeping him out of this because of burnout concerns,looks like it's still a bit up in the air then.Russia will be a hell of a lot stronger with him.His inclusion changes the dynamics of that tourney no question.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
the Russians are so unorganized and the current situation with Malkin is yet another example of their incompetence.

they said that the final decision would be made on December 15th, but hell knows who said that and can they be trusted.

espo*

How strong do you think Russia will be in this WJC with Malkin on board? most of their players i know little about,i'm assuming you have a good handle on their team and their relative strengths.With Malkin on board,are they a threat to beat the U.S? Take home gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad