Predict the Sabres record in November

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Next 4 games are all against teams below us in the standings. Canes are slumping hard too after their hot start, and we’re at home for them. Then it’s Ottawa home, Chicago away, Minny at home.

Get at least 6/8 here before the schedule turns deadly again...
They've certainly had enough time to rest.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
They really need to win the next 3 games or not only is the month of November no longer salvageable, but the season may go into a full unraveling. I know that sounds dramatic, but it’s highly possible their confidence gets shot in the dick if they can’t beat these teams ahead, THEN have to go up against Boston.

So naturally, they’ll lose the next 3 and then stomp the Bruins.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
They really need to win the next 3 games or not only is the month of November no longer salvageable, but the season may go into a full unraveling. I know that sounds dramatic, but it’s highly possible their confidence gets shot in the dick if they can’t beat these teams ahead, THEN have to go up against Boston.

So naturally, they’ll lose the next 3 and then stomp the Bruins.

It's not dramatic at all. This team is extremely fragile mentally.

We saw last year that as soon as they were no longer within a few points of a playoff spot, the season absolutely went down the gutter rail (last 20 games) because the players quit.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
After so many posters refusing to admit this was a bad team last season at least amidst watching this terrible team I can get some satisfaction watching the blind optimism so many Buffalo area sports fans have get slowly crushed. No surprise it's the same posters as last year.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
upload_2019-11-17_21-53-4.png

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I can't believe we even have to play on Tuesday. Seems like an exercise in futility after watching tonight's game

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I can't believe we even have to play on Tuesday. Seems like an exercise in futility after watching tonight's game
It's Minnesota so... 3-2 OT win where they get badly outplayed for 2 periods. The usual suspects show up with "11-7-3 lol firesale amirite" posts.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
1-5-1, for 3 points of the 18 I predicted, with Wild and Bruins followed by a brutal 5 games in 7 nights stretch to end the month. Only need to take 15 of 14 available points.

:dunce:

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
It's not dramatic at all. This team is extremely fragile mentally.

We saw last year that as soon as they were no longer within a few points of a playoff spot, the season absolutely went down the gutter rail (last 20 games) because the players quit.

And last season wasnt the only one. There have been several recent seasons with a lot of roster holdover where, for me, the story was players quitting in February through April. To show they've changed, they have to show a different response to adversity.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

That would be pretty depressing. I really hope Botts gives us an upgrade in time.

Probably 4-8-2 once everyone comes back sown to earth

You will get your trads then..but they have buy in and the play well after a loss this yeae.. I hope and dont see it being that bleak.. The thread starter . Prediction seems close to my gut.. It will be intersting..

So 3-8-3 was a point worse than my prediction and we still have no moves for a forward, not even at the minor league level.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
So 3-8-3 was a point worse than my prediction and we still have no moves for a forward, not even at the minor league level.

Yeah I'm hating jasom joe boo asthe chicken blood has not told him the proper time.. But ..we wouldnt have discovered Asplund as a permanent roster player.. He has the road trip..4 pts of 6 gives a little leverage but you guys all knew this summer..ill i have is he didnt know who gelled w who etc.. He's risking a season to find out ..if no playoffs this year he loses buy in of the core right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->