Speculation: Predict the RFA signings

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
How much left for Barby contract?

Assuming Pouliot is the guy removed from the NHL roster in order to put Barby on the NHL roster, we currently have $2.67 mil in cap space. Army wants some cap cushion this year, so it isn't really known how much space he has left on his internal budget.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
For my vague-as-hell prediction on Barby, I think he gets somewhere between $1.1-$1.9 AAV, dependent on term

$1.1 mil on a 1 year
$1.25-1.45 on a 2 year
$1.5-$1.75 on a 3 or 4 year
Just under $2 mil on a 5+ year (which he would be insane to sign)

I'm really hoping we can get him for 3 or 4 years at that price, but my guess is that we are too far apart on a deal with term and we'll settle on a 1 year $1.1 deal

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I'm assuming the penny pinching has less to do with "hey we can make a move this trade deadline" and more "petro and schenn are out of contract soon", regardless of how Army words it.
Would the team be fine this upcoming season if barby ate up almost all of the remaining cap? Probably. Could an extra 800k saved for next year potentially be keeping the team even more intact? Maybe

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Trade Allen and sign random goaltender för back-up role för league min. f***ing pile of shit its already making our re-signs difficult.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Trade Allen and sign random goaltender för back-up role för league min. ****ing pile of **** its already making our re-signs difficult.

Are you suggesting we should be giving Barby more than $2.5 mil? Because we have enough cap space to give him $2.5 mil. I certainly don't think we should go that high and if Allen's contract is the only thing keeping Army from giving out that contract then I vote we keep Allen's contract.

Cam Ward, Chad Johnson, Mike McKenna, and Scott Darling. That's the goalie market. That is not an exaggeration. Those are the UFAs with any NHL experience from last season. None of them got to .900 in SV% last year and only one of them had 20+ games played. Which one of them makes the team better? If your answer is Cam Ward, what is your sales pitch to convince him that a league minimum contract is worth putting off retiring at 35 with $50+ mil in career earnings? If it is Mike McKenna, how concerned are you that he is 36 and has only played 35 career NHL games? If it is Chad Johnson, what do you expect to go better this go around? If it is Scott Darling, what about his AHL .882 last year and subsequent leave of absence from pro hockey suggests an imminent bounce back in the NHL this year?

Reactions: Celtic Note

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Everyone played better when Allen was back-up role wonder how good our group would look IF that sucker wouldn't be near 100km of St. Louis.

I cant wait when Allen is out of Blues. He got Stanley Cup ring for opening bench door. 4.350mill.$ för beeing garbage.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Everyone played better when Allen was back-up role wonder how good our group would look IF that sucker wouldn't be near 100km of St. Louis.

I cant wait when Allen is out of Blues. He got Stanley Cup ring for opening bench door. 4.350mill.$ för beeing garbage.
So does your lack of an answer mean you don't like any of the other options?

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
For my vague-as-hell prediction on Barby, I think he gets somewhere between $1.1-$1.9 AAV, dependent on term

$1.1 mil on a 1 year
$1.25-1.45 on a 2 year
$1.5-$1.75 on a 3 or 4 year
Just under $2 mil on a 5+ year (which he would be insane to sign)

I'm really hoping we can get him for 3 or 4 years at that price, but my guess is that we are too far apart on a deal with term and we'll settle on a 1 year $1.1 deal

I to will predict anywhere between 1 and infinite.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Well some thinks Binnington hasnt prove yet to be #1 goaltender för team. So maybe this will comply also to Allen whobthinks he is#1.
Best case scenario for Allen is it'll be a tandem situation, and he had his best seasons in a tandem with Elliott. Either way, he is not going to be the defacto #1.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I predict:

Edmundson 3.150mill.$ x 1-year
Barbashev 2mill.$ x 6-years or 2mill.$ x 4-years
Sundqvist 3.250mill.$ x 2-years

Sunny and Barby are currently one of my favourite players, so there might be some biased opinion about their contracts.

Camaan, Barbashev lets do it.

2-3 weeks camp?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad