Predict the Opening Night Roster

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not a huge Leier fan, but it would be a travesty for Hextall to waive him instead of Lehtera when there's zero chance Lehtera would be claimed. Leier probably wouldn't be claimed, but that's what most people thought about Alt and Martel. So why take the risk when there is another option which involves zero risk.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
This is what I'm expecting right now. In my mind, I'd expect there are 2 decisions still to be made and 1 that could be changed:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Van Riemsdyk - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - Vorobyev - Simmonds
Raffl - Laughton - Knight
Weal

Provorov - Gostisbehere
MacDonald - Gudas
Sanheim - Folin/Hagg
Folin/Hagg

Elliott
Hart/Stolarz

• Folin/Hagg for 6th defenseman. Loser will be the 7th
  • Hart/Stolarz for primary backup. Stolie was put in position to win it but hasn't really impressed and Elliott looks off. If Hart plays well tonight, he could surprisingly take the backup job
  • Right now, Weal looks like the 13th forward with Weise, Leier and Twarynski going down. I don't think that will change, but rather, we may see Knight as #13 with Weal slotting into the 4th line.
I honestly think everything else seems to be pretty well wrapped up, barring any sort of injury or shake up. Lehtera is as good as gone. He'll be waived and I imagine they're trying to figure out how to use the current situation to get out of his contract.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why? What did NAK show in preseason?

And who really cares? If your season comes down to your 12th/13th forward, you got more serious problems.

Reactions: hatcher

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
JVR - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - Vorobyev - Simmonds
Raffl - Laughton - Weal
Provorov - Gostisbehere
MacDonald - Gudas
Sanheim - Hagg
Elliot/Stolarz
Lehtera and Folin as extras/press box.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
G-Couts-TK
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Voro-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Weal

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Hagg-AMac
Folin

I wish Myers was up, but f*** us, you know?

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Not the roster I want but I have a feeling it's the roster we'll see

G-couts-TK
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Vorobyev-Simmonds
Laughton-Lehtera- Weise

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Hagg-farmer
Folin

Elliot
Stolarz

Myers and Hart sentenced to an eternity in LHV

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
G - Coots - TK
Oscar - NP - Vora
JVR - Voro - Simmonds
Laughton - Weal - Raffl

Provy - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg - Amac*

Elliot
Hart

*My soul died a little

Edit: Knight injury adjustment. Knight out as 4C, Weal in as 4C, or Laughton slides over and Weise enters L4.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Keep in mind, MacDonalds pair is the 2nd pair, no matter who you put him with.

The piece of trash averaged 19:51 last year, 3rd among defensemen. Hakstol is obsessed with him and there’s no chance he’s on the 3rd pair.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

The piece of trash averaged 19:51 last year, 3rd among defensemen. Hakstol is obsessed with him and there’s no chance he’s on the 3rd pair.

Yeah I keep seeing Sanheim - Gudas as the 2nd pair and all I can think is, "Did you watch the 17-18 Flyers?"

MacDonald is our #3. He's the worst #3 in the league and the worst in team history. But he's still our #3.

Reactions: Striiker

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Goes to show you how good Ghost, Provy and Sanheim really are when he somehow looked serviceable next to them.

Reactions: Striiker

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah I keep seeing Sanheim - Gudas as the 2nd pair and all I can think is, "Did you watch the 17-18 Flyers?"

MacDonald is our #3. He's the worst #3 in the league and the worst in team history. But he's still our #3.
If one has a mental image of something, and focus enough energy on it, with preparation, practice, and power, one can will it into existence. Make the mental, physical reality.

Reactions: Rebels57

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
G - Coots - TK
Oscar - NP - Vora
JVR - Voro - Simmonds
Laughton - Weal - Raffl

Provy - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg - Amac*

Elliot
Hart

*My soul died a little

Edit: Knight injury adjustment. Knight out as 4C, Weal in as 4C, or Laughton slides over and Weise enters L4.

Unfortunately I think your lineup is close to being spot on. If Knight is healthy enough to go he might replace Weal as 4C, we'll know later on today.
On the D, its obvious that AMac isn't ready to go. He needs to sit until he is healthy. So 3D could be Hagg and Folin. I'd rather Myers be called back to play but I doubt that the PTB will do that.
In goal it will probably be Elliott and Stolarz with Hart going down to the A for a bit. That could get ugly since it doesn't look like Elliott is healthy either.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Its a really poor lineup period. Take Mac out and its still poor. Take the bottom 6 out and its still poor and cant be trusted when it matters.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
No more hagg and MacDonald.. whining and bitching about hagg will bring down this website.. try snaheim and hagg..

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Is Couturier expected to start the season? Wondering if I should take him in my hockey pool. He's marked injured on the list but didn't know how healthy he was.

YZ77

Aug 13, 2010
I think that Hex and Hak are underwhelmed with the D, outside Provy and Ghost, and that maybe somebody isn't quite healed up enough yet...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad