Predict the next 10 games

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I think we'll be at .500 by end of November. The team is definitely not as bad as the record shows and there's a lot of room for improvement. The effort is there and I think there is enough skill to make the team competitive. The goals will flow soon enough. What is lacking is another PMD. Markov's absence has been fatal so far. Once Price reverts to his average, things should settle down. I know it seems like blind optimism, but I've seen far worse play/effort from the Habs in the past even while winning games. Something doesn't add up for now.

*cough*. Sorry what?

Reactions: Frank Drebin

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
*cough*. Sorry what?[/QUOTE

He's not far off. Habs are 11-12-3 after tonight's win over Ottawa. Nice bounce-back after a 1-6-1 start. (10-6-2 since October 20.)

Even more important; Montreal is just 1 point out of a playoff spot.

Now back to the Doomsayer channel …

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
He's not far off. Habs are 11-12-3 after tonight's win over Ottawa. Nice bounce-back after a 1-6-1 start. (10-6-2 since October 20.)

Even more important; Montreal is just 1 point out of a playoff spot.

Now back to the Doomsayer channel …
He's quoting himself. :P

Anyone who thought the Habs would maintain a sub 0.95 PDO (with unsustainable low sh% and sv%) were kidding themselves.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
.500 end of November, Price playing like MVP, team coming together....

Hey I got an amazing idea. Let’s trade our generational talent and miss the playoffs for next five years for maybe a chance at yakupov.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I’d say we have two more home games left before 7 on the road, before we come home to play San Jose and Tampa Bay. Not to mention that Boston has four games on us. Fine, don’t trade Price, but rebuild the offense. Trade Pacioretty, Plekanec and maybe Shaw for futures. Make it harder to score for the long term betterment of this team for the love of God.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
.500 end of November, Price playing like MVP, team coming together....

Hey I got an amazing idea. Let’s trade our generational talent and miss the playoffs for next five years for maybe a chance at yakupov.

Habs are 2 points out of the bottom 4 after the tremendous 5 game win streak with most the teams in between having games in hand. We’re going on a 7 game road trip and play San Jose and Tampa Bay at home after that. I’m not saying trade Price. I’m saying we need to be smart about it. It makes zero sense for this team to try to make the playoffs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Predict the next 10 games

Now upgraded to "Predict the next 10 games you won't care about."

I'm frankly surprised so many of us are still hanging in, given how boring the games have become.

I'm waiting for someone (whether it's a player losing his head, or the GM bursting into the dressing room or the owner actually doing something hockey related between the sale of two condo units) to do something drastic as this whole thing is just a giant crash waiting to happen.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Now upgraded to "Predict the next 10 games you won't care about."

I'm frankly surprised so many of us are still hanging in, given how boring the games have become.

I'm waiting for someone (whether it's a player losing his head, or the GM bursting into the dressing room or the owner actually doing something hockey related between the sale of two condo units) to do something drastic as this whole thing is just a giant crash waiting to happen.

That says it all really. Boston is pulling away.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
We have 18 games left against our division, and 33 left against everyone else.

Our current record against the Atlantic is 8-1-1. Our record against everyone else is 5-13-3.

If our points percentage were to remain relatively stationary for both of these samples, we'd get 29 points from the Atlantic, and 21 points from everyone else. That seems wildly pessimistic so a closer look at our remaining games seems necessary.

Our record is buoyed by a crushing record against our division. We have no margin for error in any of those remaining games. If we only went 0.600 against our division (for example, 12-6-0), instead of 0.800, we'd actually have to go 0.620 against everyone else to hit even 93 points (which may not suffice). We'd have to perform at 0.6515 in non-divisional games to reach 95. That's quite an improvement over a group of teams that has largely had their way with us to date (current P% of 0.310). If we have a losing record against Boston, you can forget it.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Next 10 games and my predictions:
vs New Jersey L
at Ottawa W
at Vancouver L
at Calgary W
at Edmonton L
at Carolina L
at Tampa Bay L
at Florida W
vs San Jose L
vs Tampa Bay L

Reactions: King In Glory

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
After the next 10 games we'll know if the Habs still have a realistic chance at the playoffs or if the tank is fully on. I predict 3 wins tops out of the next 10 games and MB's playoff hopes all but over.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
So Boston and Detroit had a 3 point game and Ottawa got 2 points. Everyone was saying the teams behind us had to win their games in hand. Well they did. Habs are now two points out of the bottom 3 if Ottawa wins their last game in hand. And we have NJ, then go on the road for 7 games, and then face San Jose and Tampa. If we win 3 out of the next 10 games, where will we be? Will Buffalo actually pass us? They’re 8 points back so unlikely but we’ll be set in the bottom 3.

Last edited:

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
We have 18 games left against our division, and 33 left against everyone else.

Our current record against the Atlantic is 8-1-1. Our record against everyone else is 5-13-3.

If our points percentage were to remain relatively stationary for both of these samples, we'd get 29 points from the Atlantic, and 21 points from everyone else. That seems wildly pessimistic so a closer look at our remaining games seems necessary.

Our record is buoyed by a crushing record against our division. We have no margin for error in any of those remaining games. If we only went 0.600 against our division (for example, 12-6-0), instead of 0.800, we'd actually have to go 0.620 against everyone else to hit even 93 points (which may not suffice). We'd have to perform at 0.6515 in non-divisional games to reach 95. That's quite an improvement over a group of teams that has largely had their way with us to date (current P% of 0.310). If we have a losing record against Boston, you can forget it.

If we carry on the same winning percentage, we end up with 80 points?

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Habs are 2 points out of the bottom 4 after the tremendous 5 game win streak with most the teams in between having games in hand. We’re going on a 7 game road trip and play San Jose and Tampa Bay at home after that. I’m not saying trade Price. I’m saying we need to be smart about it. It makes zero sense for this team to try to make the playoffs.

And yet, they will try just the same. I think it's win win for you if you just shut this season out. Either the habs are eliminated from the playoffs (win, who cares how), or the habs make the playoffs (win, you get to the ride the bandwagon). I dont understand paying attention to a product you fundamentally dislike. I enjoy habs games, I enjoy roiling in the fantasy of better games, better outcomes. I mean, that's why I stick around, some sense of enjoyment. I don't see the enjoyment on your end. It's a drive I don't relate to I guess.

I mean, I relate to it, to a degree, but soccer has helped me understand that enjoyment is found in being a partisan. So many teams are hopelessly mired in a place without hope of a cup, yet the fans relish in the game itself, in the victories, in the ritual, and even in the defeats. With that in mind, the playoffs are pretty damn exciting, so obviously I cheer for it.

Reactions: Lshap

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
And yet, they will try just the same. I think it's win win for you if you just shut this season out. Either the habs are eliminated from the playoffs (win, who cares how), or the habs make the playoffs (win, you get to the ride the bandwagon). I dont understand paying attention to a product you fundamentally dislike. I enjoy habs games, I enjoy roiling in the fantasy of better games, better outcomes. I mean, that's why I stick around, some sense of enjoyment. I don't see the enjoyment on your end. It's a drive I don't relate to I guess.

I mean, I relate to it, to a degree, but soccer has helped me understand that enjoyment is found in being a partisan. So many teams are hopelessly mired in a place without hope of a cup, yet the fans relish in the game itself, in the victories, in the ritual, and even in the defeats. With that in mind, the playoffs are pretty damn exciting, so obviously I cheer for it.

I don’t want them to make the playoffs and I won’t enjoy it. I don’t dislike the Habs. I just want a bleeping Cup man. I’ve had enough of this just make the playoffs crap. I’ve enjoyed the playoffs enough now. I actually want us to have a hope to win it. We all know this team won’t do anything when they get there. We don’t have enough scoring. So why in the world would we want to make the playoffs and reduce our draft position which is to the detriment of our entire future? The ONLY way we solve this is through the draft. Bergevin has said it himself. How do you do that if you continually make the playoffs and get bounced early? It’s the worst possible place you can be. That’s why I don’t want them to make the playoffs. I want to get to the Cup SOONER by getting high draft picks now. Otherwise we’re wasting time postponing the inevitable. We either do it now or when we finally realize it’s the only way.

EDIT: I just looked at the standings. Habs are two points behind Boston who’s played three fewer games. That’s possibly an 8 point gap in December. We have 7 road games coming up when we rarely win outside of our division and then face San Jose and Tampa. I really have no clue why you want this team to try to make the playoffs. They’re bottom 7 in the league right now. Did you really enjoy our spanking from the Rangers? Get real.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I think we’re at the point we no longer control our own destiny. Sure, we can only manage what we can control... trying to win, but we now have to count on Boston either stumbling or in the case of Ottawa and Detroit, simply continue to be terrible.

We play in the Atlantic, so we have a surprisingly decent chance. We need Boston to have a bad stretch though we also have to have a good road trip. I th8 k we’ll win tomorrow, but not sure of the rest.

Reactions: ArsHabs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It should be noted Habs were 6-2-2 in their last 10 games, which is not bad.

Sens game begins their late December road trip. I think they'll do ok.

My guess: They beat Ottawa, Vancouver (at home), Carolina & Florida.

Lose to Calgary, San Jose & TBL (twice).

The Edmonton & Vancouver (on the road) games are a pickem. I'll give the Habs a point for each.

That's: 4W 4L 2OTL or SOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->