NFL: Predict the Myles Garrett suspension length

Myles Garrett will be suspended for how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tired of getting hit in the head yet he decide to get after a man who is 40 lbs bigger and a lot stronger than him without a helmet. Only bad things can come from that.

unfortunately there was not another level headed guy like DeCastro out there to help settle things down and keep the 2 guys apart. He had a hold of Garrett. Don’t think anyone expected a helmet less QB to rush a DE.

“he shouldn’t have been wearing what he was wearing, he was asking for it”

Garrett not only instigated the entire thing, he committed a felony. And I hate the Steelers.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I believe it should it be 16 regular season game, a calendar year sets the right example that actions have consequences without destroying his career.

I don't think a professional deserves any type of professional career playing a sport if an instinct is to bash a helmetless player in the head with a helmet. He had his chance and ruined it himself. He can resume a career in normal society and regret that terrifying instinct.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
and the Browns hit him in the head without calls. The guy got KO’d last month. So I am not shocked he had enough. how about not trying to go full bodyslam with game over.
playing the victim card. Hilarious

Easy to say Rudolph should of backed off once he lost his helmet. But you cant blame him for getting in there. It was a very emotional moment. Rudolph has probably had enough of getting hit in the head this season. Between the KO and all the shots he has taken. Even last night.
You're not alone with these ideas, but I don’t get them. Why is Rudolph losing his mind being excused and justified? Why does he get this free pass when others involved do not?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I do not agree. A second chance is not warranted after that type of act. Same as swinging a stick at a players head. That should be the end of the professional career.

If it was a premeditated attack, I would be onboard with you, but it was the heat of the moment and Rudolph was completely fine.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
that is one bad take. Was he drunk ? Or is Darren just stupid

Some of his takes are just mind blowingly bad.

With regards to the incident, the indefinite suspension should be a super long one (at least a year). The NFL should also consider that Rudolph missed time earlier in the season due to a concussion. The outcome obviously could have been so much worse for Rudolph. I don't care who started it. Swinging a helmet at someone's head could lead to jail time (probably won't, but still...).

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think a professional deserves any type of professional career playing a sport if an instinct is to bash a helmetless player in the head with a helmet. He had his chance and ruined it himself. He can resume a career in normal society and regret that terrifying instinct.
Part of me agrees with you, if the average joe does that it's assault with a weapon. But I'm also tired of this cancel culture in North America and as long as he is punished sufficiently I'm ok with him having another chance.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
giphy.gif

Why wait this long to bring this to light? Seems like a pathetic attempt to reduce his suspension.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If Rudolph used a racial slur, we would have heard about it right after the game and not one week later.

Regardless, I assume some of those players were mic'd. So this shouldn't be too hard to prove/disprove.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
If Rudolph used a racial slur, we would have heard about it right after the game and not one week later.
Not sure I buy this
If Rudolph told Garrett that he was gonna f*** his momma in the arse with a chainsaw dipped in ebola & that's what set him off we wouldn't have heard about that right after the game either.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah seems like the racist claim came from nowhere. also feels like when MIchael Bennet accused those cops of discriminating and being racist when he was just being an idiot.

if he said it f*** him and i would understand the response from MG but I don't buy it.

--

Rudolph's attorney

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly I don’t believe him and if he’s lying that’s worse than what he did on the football field in my opinion

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Why does he (Rudolph) get this free pass when others involved do not?

I don't think the fight before the helmet swing would've got anybody suspended or fined. Looked to me like a pretty typical NFL scrap. Even Rudolph rushing toward Garrett, (to me) was something u see on a regular basis in the NFL /angry players trying to scrap some/.
It was really only the helmet swing & the Steeler stomping Garrett that looked beyond the pale. Even the Brown who knocked over Rudolph from behind; I thought was a minor sin. I think most ppl see Rudolph's responsibility in the fight, but it's not suspension-worthy (?)

Reactions: Tuggy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No, I'll say hitting a guy over the head with a helmet is worse.

Eh, Rudolph’s lawyer himself said it. I know I’d rather be hit on the head once than publicly branded a racist

That doesn’t even go into how this impacts those who are victims of actual racism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad