Predict the Kings top 5 scorers for next season.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Look at this guy with his predictions.

You think Kopitar will outscore Kovy by 31 points?
I could easily see Kovy hitting 70+ points depending on how well the PP clicks this year.
Well, yes I do. As best as I can predict in July, considering the unknown that we have in Kovy, brother.

I thought my prediction for Kovy was generous, honestly, of all my predictions. And Kopi just got done wiping the floor re:his Kings counterparts. Same argument Hall had, Kopi did the the same.

More than anything, I am bullish on Kopi scoring ~85-90, and leading the pack by a decent margin. If Kovy hits the numbers you or I propose, I will be elated, but realistically, I think Kovy scores closer to ~60-65 than 70+, just because we dont know.

Not to say Kovy wont hit your numbers, brother. I have hope. And, apparently, the skill is still there. And Blake, Stevens and Co have a plan to deploy him to squeeze every ounce out of him, as you say, it probably largely depends on how well he executes on the PP.

Still, I, like many of us, want to see it. I do think that the general majority figure him for at least 50 pts, so my prediction is admittedly high, yours even higher :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Look at this guy with his predictions.

You think Kopitar will outscore Kovy by 31 points?
I could easily see Kovy hitting 70+ points depending on how well the PP clicks this year.

I don't think it's that absurd. Kopitar outscoring his linemates by 20-30 points is a yearly thing. Sure Kovy is 'different' but so was Gaborik. I don't think he'll hit 70+ though I agree he could, but something like Kovy-60/Kopi-80 is about what we've seen for a decade.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I don't think it's that absurd. Kopitar outscoring his linemates by 20-30 points is a yearly thing. Sure Kovy is 'different' but so was Gaborik. I don't think he'll hit 70+ though I agree he could, but something like Kovy-60/Kopi-80 is about what we've seen for a decade.

Gotcha. I admit I watch the Kings here and there but never knew he outscored others by that much till I looked it up.
Just think Kovy would be the ideal winger for Kopitar, possibly better than Gaborik was.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gotcha. I admit I watch the Kings here and there but never knew he outscored others by that much till I looked it up.
Just think Kovy would be the ideal winger for Kopitar, possibly better than Gaborik was.

I'd love to think so as well I'm just trying to be conservative and factor age and our garbage PP into the equation as well haha.

But honestly sometimes these "ideal" linemates are bad for Kopitar as he gets too deferential, he's so much better when he has to take the line over mostly by himself. But Kovy may be different, I sure hope there's chemistry.

I actually thought a lot about it and thought it would be funny if Kovy ended up better with Carter or Kempe.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Vilardi-Kempe-Kovalchuk or something (Lewis?)

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Vilardi all depends on how much PP time he gets. Does he get 2nd unit PP with Toffoli and Pearson? Or does that go to Kempe? Because I doubt they’ll run 4 forwards 1 D and sit one of Muzzin, Martinez, Phaneuf or LaDue (unless Ladue just can’t hack it)

Reactions: King Trouty

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Vilardi all depends on how much PP time he gets. Does he get 2nd unit PP with Toffoli and Pearson? Or does that go to Kempe? Because I doubt they’ll run 4 forwards 1 D and sit one of Muzzin, Martinez, Phaneuf or LaDue (unless Ladue just can’t hack it)

He might get a little bit, but if he impresses, we'll see. Don't forget Amadio started getting some 2nd PP time as well and flashed some real vision as he built confidence.

Reactions: King Trouty

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Isn’t it nice to have competition for pp ice time rather than the forwards pick themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad