Speculation: Predict the Jet prospect that has a breakout season

boanst

May 25, 2013
I think Stanley has the largest opportunity to move up the ranks.

I am also partly basing this on looking at the age of many of the prospects above him in our poll and realizing that many of them will either no longer be prospects because they will almost assuredly surpass 65 games of NHL service (Laine, Armia, Helle) or they wont and will drop because time is running out for them to show improvement (Morrissey, Petan, Comrie).

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I think Stanley has the largest opportunity to move up the ranks.

I am also partly basing this on looking at the age of many of the prospects above him in our poll and realizing that many of them will either no longer be prospects because they will almost assuredly surpass 65 games of NHL service (Laine, Armia, Helle) or they wont and willing drop because time is running out for them to show improvement (Morrissey, Petan, Comrie).

Good point, this is also why most of my picks have been from the last two drafts.

Any prospect from 13 and prior are pretty much out of time to expect a rocketing up the rankings and a strong performance would only mean they still have A shot as opposed to no chance of success

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm hoping Logan Stanley, it's not hard to root for the kid after the reception he got around here.

Definitely share this sentiment and believe Stanley will start rising up the charts this season. But I think it will be Josh Morrissey that has the biggest break out season. Calling that he is pushing into the top 4 discussion by seasons end, fueling a ton of speculation about what the Jets should do for the expansion draft.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Boy what a pathetic bunch of prospects so far my vote for best breakout season future prospect is John Michaelliles! :sarcasm:

Josh Morrissey

SIV

Mar 10, 2013
I'm going to say that Pat Line guy. You know that guy who knows Tiemu Salami...

:sarcasm:

all seriousness aside, I'm not sure what kind of season he would have to have for a guy who accumulated so many awards last year to be considered for a "breakout season".

I guess nothing short of a Stanley Cup MVP, Hart, Rocket Richard, Calder and Lady Bing would have to do.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
It's going to be Lemieux. He nearly made it last year. A year older and plays a role that is extremely captivating. We all love to have a guy like that on our team. But hate to play against.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I'll say Luke Green. I think he could get more PP time and the luck may favour him again or at least even out and his production may almost double this year with the Sea Dogs.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Gonna go off the beaten path & suggest Brenden Kichton.

Led a weak Moose roster in scoring last season & with the additional forward talent to play with this fall, he could very well find himself at top of the AHL scoring leaders for defencemen. Should Morrissey make the Jets he'll be called upon more than ever this season.

If & when injuries occur, as long as his defensive game improves he could very well be seeing his first NHL game this season.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I hope that Stanley and Harkins break out in a big way and give the Jets better depth in positions of need.

If I had to pick a player, it would be Roslovic breaking out statistically in the OHL. I could also see Niku's point totals continuing to climb.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Gonna go off the beaten path & suggest Brenden Kichton.

Led a weak Moose roster in scoring last season & with the additional forward talent to play with this fall, he could very well find himself at top of the AHL scoring leaders for defencemen. Should Morrissey make the Jets he'll be called upon more than ever this season.

If & when injuries occur, as long as his defensive game improves he could very well be seeing his first NHL game this season.

The bolded makes it a very long shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad