Abdelkader- Nielsen - Athanasiou
Frk - Glendening - Helm

DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
Sulak

Howard
Bernier

I think given what we know about how the Red Wings play their prospects, thats how itll end up.

Reactions: Bench and Winger98

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Ramussen-Hank-Nyquist
Vanek-Nielsen-AA
Abby-Glendening-Helm

DDK-Green
Big E-Daley
Kronwall-Hronek
Jensen

Howard
Bernier

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Like what?
We could've outbid STL for O'Reilly, that return for BUF was a joke. Granted BUF probably doesn't trade him within the division or even EConf.

There are too many bodies in DRW & GR, something has to give somewhere.

Hopefully Jimmy to Isles for ?
Hopefully AA+ Svechnikov + ? for Faulk.

Although Svech has all the tools & like Mantha struggled his 1st 10 games, then took off in year 2 & 3.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We could've outbid STL for O'Reilly, that return for BUF was a joke. Granted BUF probably doesn't trade him within the division or even EConf.

There are too many bodies in DRW & GR, something has to give somewhere.

Hopefully Jimmy to Isles for ?
Hopefully AA+ Svechnikov + ? for Faulk.

Although Svech has all the tools & like Mantha struggled his 1st 10 games, then took off in year 2 & 3.
we have too many wingers and goalies .

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Vanek - Larkin - Mantha
Frk - Glendening - Helm

DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
Sulak

Howard
Bernier

I think given what we know about how the Red Wings play their prospects, thats how itll end up.

Barring trade, retirement, or injury, this looks pretty much like what we'll see on opening night.

Reactions: Winger98

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I feel like Zadina has a good chance of making it if a trade happens.

Just a feeling

IF Z doesn’t retire and no trades happen:

Nyquist - Z - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Larkin - Rasmussen
Vanek - Nielsen - Athanasiou
Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm
Frk

DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen

Howard
Bernier

I think AA screws up my dream of having Larkin, Zadina, Mantha and Ras all in.

If a trade does indeed happen, I would like to see it for Faulk. Not sure of Carolinas needs, but something around AA and Svech. No doubt they would like to have both brothers.

Nyquist - Z - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Vanek - Nielsen - Rasmussen
Helm - Glendening - Abdelkader
Frk

DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Faulk
Kronwall- Daley
Jensen

Howard
Bernier

I actually really like that foward group all things considered and would be fun to watch. Not as much as a pipe dream as recent opening night rosters

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
if you looking 2017-2018 stats and build the best line will
Abdelkader lw 35 pts- Larkin c 63 pts- Mantha rw 48 pts
Aby use to play with Larkin and he is a piano man . Mantha stepping in hi prime and Larkin just the best man on the team
Rest of the lines we should figure out during preseason . I need to know?
did Svechnikov improve his skating ?
Are Michael Rasmussen and Zadina ready and who will be mentor ?
Will be Zetterberg playing or not

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It will make sense have Vanek- Nielson- Zadina as a third line

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If a trade does indeed happen, I would like to see it for Faulk. Not sure of Carolinas needs, but something around AA and Svech. No doubt they would like to have both brothers.
Not against you specifically, but I've seen multiple people thinking something along the lines of AA and Svech is a decent offer for Faulk. Let's balance that against actual posts on the Carolina boards:

"How about Faulk to Detroit for 1st 2019? If Detroit wins top 3 pick in 2019, we get 1st + 3rd in 2020. I'm thinking Detroit's first in 2019 will be very close to a lottery pick. They have very few assets I actually want on their hockey team. Larkin would be amazing but of course we aren't getting Larkin for Faulk. What I would love about Faulk for DET 1st is that this gives us a massive asset for the future. Right now Faulk's value is decent but it diminishes as his contract gets closer to expiring. The value of a 1st is very high, and we could leverage that as a main piece or sweetener later on."

"You are probably going to have a hard time getting folks here excited about giving away a top-4 RHD for a 40 point Center. Doesn't look like much of an upgrade to Victor Rask who the Canes are already rumored to be shopping."

"My 3 trades for Justin Faulk.
1. Carolina trades Justin Faulk to Detroit for a 2019 1st round pick and Gustav Nyquist.
2.Carolina trades Justin Faulk to New Jersey for Damon Severson and 2019 2nd round pick.
3. Carolina trades Justin Faulk to San Jose for Brendan Dillon,Melker Karlsson,2019 2nd round pick."

Now, once everybody stops laughing, consider that Carolina would feel about the same way regarding AA and Svech for Faulk. It's very likely going to take either an offer that many Wings fans are uncomfortable with, or more than Detroit can offer altogether.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
if you looking 2017-2018 stats and build the best line will
Abdelkader lw 35 pts- Larkin c 63 pts- Mantha rw 48 pts
Aby use to play with Larkin and he is a piano man . Mantha stepping in hi prime and Larkin just the best man on the team
Rest of the lines we should figure out during preseason . I need to know?
did Svechnikov improve his skating ?
Are Michael Rasmussen and Zadina ready and who will be mentor ?
Will be Zetterberg playing or not
Are Rass and Z ready yes, will they play? maybe a hand full of games I think.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Their is a zero(0) percent chance KH makes a roster trade prior to the deadline and that will ONLY be if we're clearly out of the playoff picture

he will not trade howard
he will not trade nyquist other than in aforementioned scenario above
he will not trade AA
he will not trade any of the dmen
he will not trade nielsen
he will not trade helm or glenny

what KH WILL do,
- is waive Frk and/or Witowski
- Ras and Zadina back to CHL
- hronek, chowloski and Svech back to grand rapids

I think some of us expected too much change and a new direction/philisophy

abby-larkin-mantha
nyquist-zetterberg-bert
vanek-nielsen-AA
Frk/witowski-glenny-helm

green-daley
dekeyser-ericsson
jensen-kronwall
hicketts

Reactions: Mijatovic

FunkyColdZadina

Jun 26, 2018
I agree that Faulk is a total pipe dream at this point. Wings and Canes just don't make good trading partners and moving a 1st for Faulk would be a big mistake with the Wings looking like a lottery team again next year. Faulk would be an improvement for sure, but he elevates us to a bubble team at best that's still likely to be on the outside looking in, so why pay assets to keep kicking the can down the road?

We're still at least a year away from making a Faulk-like trade. We need another draft like this past one to continue to stock the cupboards and hopefully add another blue-chip prospect that's a C or D. One good draft doesn't end a rebuild and it's important we don't jump the gun in trying to get back to playoff contention, otherwise we'll spend the next several years not really contending for anything.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Vanek - Larkin - Mantha
Frk - Glendening - Helm

DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
Sulak

Howard
Bernier

I see at 24 years of age and 70 NHL games, Frk has now entered the mythical status of being another veteran that people think will automatically have an job over even bluchip prospects that the organization is crazy high on.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Ramussen-Hank-Nyquist
Vanek-Nielsen-AA
Abby-Glendening-Helm

DDK-Green
Big E-Daley
Kronwall-Hronek
Jensen

Howard
Bernier

I think this is the lineup we see in the Fall, maybe Zadina in place of AA/Nyquist if Holland trades one of them. I also wouldn't be opposed to going out and signing De Hann. I know it blocks a few of our guys on D but we really only have Cholowski that's coming up on the left side. With Kronwall, Ericsson, and Daley all getting up there in age there should be more than a few opportunities for Hicketts & Cholowski to get playing time. Then we go into the 2019-2020 season with 2 or 3 top 4 dmen.

we have too many wingers and goalies .

Too many goalies? Sateri was clearly signed to be our AHL starter and potential backup in the event of a Howard trade or injury.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Their is a zero(0) percent chance KH makes a roster trade prior to the deadline and that will ONLY be if we're clearly out of the playoff picture

he will not trade howard
he will not trade nyquist other than in aforementioned scenario above
he will not trade AA
he will not trade any of the dmen
he will not trade nielsen
he will not trade helm or glenny

what KH WILL do,
- is waive Frk and/or Witowski
- Ras and Zadina back to CHL
- hronek, chowloski and Svech back to grand rapids

I think some of us expected too much change and a new direction/philisophy
I would hit the "Like" button, but that might indicate that I like the prediction on Holland's direction. An "Agree 101%" button would be more appropriate.

Rassmussen and Zadina will both play less than the allotted 10 games before being sent back to junior.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think this is the lineup we see in the Fall, maybe Zadina in place of AA/Nyquist if Holland trades one of them. I also wouldn't be opposed to going out and signing De Hann. I know it blocks a few of our guys on D but we really only have Cholowski that's coming up on the left side. With Kronwall, Ericsson, and Daley all getting up there in age there should be more than a few opportunities for Hicketts & Cholowski to get playing time. Then we go into the 2019-2020 season with 2 or 3 top 4 dmen.

I was really thinking Zadina would be opening night but knowing now that he is
ahl eligible I don't think there will be a spot opened by trading Nyquist or AA. Sad.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm not going to do the whole roster, but my guess will be that AA is a healthy scratch on Opening Night.

arin1

Apr 30, 2006
1a Mantha - Larkin - Vanek
1b Rasmussen - Z - Zadina
Bertuzzi - Nielsen - AA
Abdelkader - Glendenning - Helm
Frk

Dekeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen

Trade Nyquist + for D

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Mantha-Larkin-Bertuzzi
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Zadina/Rasmussen
Vanek-Nielsen-AA
Abdelkader-Glendening-Helm
Frk, Witkowksi

DeKesyer-Green
Ericsson-Daley
Kronwall-Jensen
Hicketts/Sulak

Howard
Bernier

Only one of Zadina/Ras make the team and Hicketts and Sulak battle it out for the final D slot.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I see at 24 years of age and 70 NHL games, Frk has now entered the mythical status of being another veteran that people think will automatically have an job over even bluchip prospects that the organization is crazy high on.
I suppose we could fit a younger prospect in there instead but realistically, do you see that happening? I would give it G Smith especially on a tryout.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I suppose we could fit a younger prospect in there instead but realistically, do you see that happening?
Given that from everything we've heard, Rasmussen is essentially a lock to make the team and Zadina has a very good chance, yeah I can see that happening.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Lets move Howard+Nyquist+Svech+Isles 2nd+Jensen to Carolina for Faulk. Take on Darling if you have to to make it work.

Bertuzzi- Zetterberg- Zadina
Rass- Larkin- Mantha
Vanek- Nielsen- AA
Helm- Glenny- Abby
Frk

DK- Faulk
Daley-Green
Kronwall- Hronek
E- Hickets

Bernier
Darling/Sattari

Ad