Predict the 2018 - 2019 Lineup - No UFA Signings

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think what you point to is more of what play style fits on any given line. With my top 6 structured the way they are, I have Zetterberg and Larkin as the puck carrier and more driver of the offense. They are both very gifted in their ability to set their linemates up in different ways. Mantha and Zadina are both slotted in as the player with a sniper mentality. Bert and Nyquist are complementary players who can contribute in different ways, be it Bert's grinding and fearless attitude or Nyquist's obvious chemistry with Zetterberg.

AA is unique. The elements he bring are kind of a mixture of everything, but something is just missing for me. I just think that he is best served being on a line where he can be an energy guy. A change of pace that can catch a team on their heels. I'd rather not have that energy guy be a regular on the top 6 lines that I am relying heavily on to be a consistent force on both ends of the ice. I mean, Phil Kessel played a third line role for Pittsburgh...we know Kessel has the talent of a top line forward, but they deployed him in a role where he could feast. Crosby and Malkin might be slowed down, but earn their keep against any matchup they get, but letting Kessel fly over the boards and feast on the leftovers is exactly what he needs to be at his best.
I like to see AA 3rd line where everyone plays defense first, like against best opposing line. AA should get the puck and mostly without support try to create something . He can do it with his speed and he can create pp. Aby as a plug on the first 6 can create spade for his teammates

Last edited:

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Nyquist- Larkin- Mantha
Bertuzzi- Zetterberg- Zadina
Rasmussen- Nielsen- Vanek
Abdelkader- Glendening- Helm

DeKeyser- Green
Daley- Ericsson
Kronwall- Hronek
Jensen

Howard
Bernier

AA traded

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Can we claim Steve Mason and not sign Bernier? Or, does Mason make a lot of coin? Meh.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What I'd like to see AKA (what it should be)...

Zadina-Larkin-Mantha (Zadina shifts to left wing for now)
Bert-Z-Nike (good chemistry 2nd line)
Raz-Nielsen-Abby (shutdown line)
Frk-Turgeon-Helm
Pope
Witkowski...bury in GR/waive him if one of the other young forwards outplays him in camp & it opens another Dman spot.

Trade: AA + Svechnikov + 2nd + Jensen? for Faulk; ...That'd be my max offer for a #3b/#4a (on a SC Contender) Offensive D-man, who is average defensively. OR substitue a 4th instead of Jensen.

Trade LGD to TML

DD-Green (since he's signed)
E52-Daley
Kronwall-Hronek
Hicketts

What I think KH will do:

Bert-Z-Nike
Raz-Larkin-Mantha
AA-Neilsen-Vanek
Helm-LGD-Abby
Frk
Pope or Witkowski

DD-Green
E52-Daley
Kronner-Jensen
Hicketts

If KH kicks tires on a top 4 Dman (Faulk or someone else), he trades AA+++ this summer or in season.

If my trade scenario works out, our D:

DD-Green
E52-Faulk
Daley-Hronek
Hicketts
Kronner-LTIR.

Daley can play LD if he has to.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Barring a trade, I think this is what we're looking at right?

Vanek-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Z-Nyquist
AA-Nielsen-Rasmussen
Abdelkader-Glendening-Helm

Dekeyser-Green
Ericsson-Daley
Kronwall-Jensen

Howard
Bernier

One rookie on this rebuild team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Vanek-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Z-Nyquist
AA-Nielsen-Rasmussen

Dekeyser-Green
Ericsson-Daley
Kronwall-Jensen

Howard
Bernier

Totally possible. One rookie at season start. 5 rookies at season end.

Holland critizized at season start. Holland praised after trade deadline.

Seen this before.

Repeat.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If Zadina is AHL eligible, this is what I expect:

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Rasmussen - Larkin - Mantha
Vanek - Nielsen - Athanasiou
Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm
Frk/Witkowski

DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
Sulak

Howard
Bernier

What I want:

Gustav Nyquist traded for future assets

Zadina - Larkin - Mantha
Rasmussen - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi
Abdelkader - Helm - Frk
Witkowski/Terry

DeKeyser - Green
Daley - Hronek
Kronwall - Ericsson
Jensen

Howard
Bernier

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Totally possible. One rookie at season start. 5 rookies at season end.

Holland critizized at season start. Holland praised after trade deadline.

Seen this before.

Repeat.

Holland has been criticized literally every deadline for the last like 8 years except last year, lmao, because last year he traded a roster player for the first time in 15 years.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Vanek-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Z-Nyquist
AA-Nielsen-Rasmussen

Dekeyser-Green
Ericsson-Daley
Kronwall-Jensen

Howard
Bernier

Should be a rookie D there at minimum, even if he is not in the top 6 100% of the time.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If Zadina is AHL eligible, this is what I expect:

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Rasmussen - Larkin - Mantha
Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm
Frk/Witkowski

DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
Sulak

Howard
Bernier

What I want:

Gustav Nyquist traded for future assets

Zadina - Larkin - Mantha
Rasmussen - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi
Abdelkader - Helm - Frk
Witkowski/Terry

DeKeyser - Green
Daley - Hronek
Kronwall - Ericsson
Jensen

Howard
Bernier
Forgot to include this...
I don't think trading for Faulk does much for us. We'd likely have to give up a pick or a guy like Svechnikov, while it's fair value I'd rather pass. He's another second pair offensive defenseman and is probably done growing. He doesn't fill our need, which is a number 1 defenseman.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Holland has been criticized literally every deadline for the last like 8 years except last year, lmao, because last year he traded a roster player for the first time in 15 years.

Okay, he traded Tatar and never traded Kindl+Vanek+Smith+Ott. Thanks for the info.

We must live in different dimension.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Should be a rookie D there at minimum, even if he is not in the top 6 100% of the time.

Hicketts will be there, but somehow it doesn't count as a rookie in here.

7th defencemen usually plays 60-70 games. Top6 on paper is Top6 only in theory.

Looks like 7th defenceman doesn't count, when purpose is to bash Holland or find only negativity against him.

“We’re going to have Brian Lashoff as a captain and (Dylan) Mclrath as a veteran,” Holland said.

“And then we are looking between (Libor) Sulak, (Joe) Hicketts, (Vili) Saarijarvi, (Filip) Hronek and (Dennis) Cholowski.

I’m planning on one of those guys is going to be in Detroit, and the rest of those guys will be playing regularly in Grand Rapids.

“We are creating opportunity.”

When Ken Holland says this kind of things, he must be lying, right?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Okay, he traded Tatar and never traded Kindl+Vanek+Smith+Ott. Thanks for the info.

We must live in different dimension.

Small maintenance trades for guys that were frequent healthy scratches except for Vanek, who still barely fetched a return.

Tatar was a real meaty trade. The Tatar trade was praised, those other trades were seen as doing the bare minimum that a GM should do.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Small maintenance trades for guys that were frequent healthy scratches except for Vanek, who still barely fetched a return.

Tatar was a real meaty trade. The Tatar trade was praised, those other trades were seen as doing the bare minimum that a GM should do.

He got nice assets for Smith and than turned to be the Berggren-pick.

But feel free hating everything Holland does.

On Tatar-trade Holland did got NY Islanders 2nd from Vegas, he did bet for the Tavares situation and will be winner also with that pick, when NYI is gonna fall down. It will be on "Berggren-height" also on next draft. Smart men do these.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
He got nice assets for Smith and than turned to be the Berggren-pick.

But feel free hating everything Holland does.

I don't, I think the Tatar trade was phenomenal and he had his best draft in the last 15 years. But keep projecting and feel free to keep being an apologist.

He did get a good return for Smith, it's just that that was a trade he needed to make.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Holland has to be aware of the buzz surrounding Zadina and I think Ownership is more hands on than in years passed. Considering this, I think Rasmussen and Zadina are locks to make the team. Big question is, which D-man makes it? I think will be between Cholowski and Hronek.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
On Tatar-trade Holland did got NY Islanders 2nd from Vegas, he did bet for the Tavares situation and will be winner also with that pick, when NYI is gonna fall down. It will be on "Berggren-height" also on next draft. Smart men do these.

Genuinely not sure what you're saying here.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
He does/did make a lot of coin. And he's worse than Bernier.
As for being worse, that's preferable in the search for a new tank commander! Once again, meh. They could have brought back the monster for all I care. I did like Bernier as a prospect with the maineiacs...

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Tatar trade looked better when you realized the 2nd rounder in 2019 is NYIs...

... And even better after today's news.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tatar trade looked better when you realized the 2nd rounder in 2019 is NYIs...

... And even better after today's news.

Ken Holland is a smart man. He bet that Ottawa could fall at 2018 (on a Smith trade) and Islanders could fall at 2019 (on Tatar-trade).

Those bets will give us high 2nds where you can pick low 1st round talents like Berggren.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
At this point I would argue that Zadina is more NHL ready than Ras. Ras, other than a 14 game stretch, has never played better hockey than Zadina. And factor in the Zadina's first season on NA ice was last season, meaning that he outperformed Ras, with what is considered a pretty major handicap.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
At this point I would argue that Zadina is more NHL ready than Ras. Ras, other than a 14 game stretch, has never played better hockey than Zadina. And factor in the Zadina's first season on NA ice was last season, meaning that he outperformed Ras, with what is considered a pretty major handicap.
Hard agree; I understand that Rasmussen has a man's body, but I think he needs to develop his offensive game further if he's to be a top 6 player. I don't think he's suddenly going to develop a 5v5 offensive game during a much more difficult league when he struggled with it in juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->