Evgeni Malkin (RSL) 20-30-50
Marek Zagrapan (QMJHL) 40-70-110

Sidney Crosby (NHL) 15-35-50
Thomas Vanek (NHL) 20-20-40
I used my 8 ball ;)

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for including Jack Johnson in that prospects projection. I appreciate everyone treating the Hurricanes like they dont matter.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Moosetache said:
Thanks for including Jack Johnson in that prospects projection. I appreciate everyone treating the Hurricanes like they dont matter.

Why would Jack Johnson be in there? It's a list of forwards.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Moosetache said:

LOL I cant believe you made this comment ahahahaha :biglaugh:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Moosetache said:

dont be playa hatn, i live in NC and can honestly say that the Canes have no forwards i want to know about other than Eric Staal, so feel free predict how he'll do, i was just throwing out forwards names whom i am excited about. But any player who you like, tell me how they'll do, im just excited to see what other people think about players that i like.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Brule's offensive output prediction

Garp said:
Brule won't put 105 in the WHL...

More likely around 90

He had 87 pts last year on 2nd line minutes. He will get more minutes than last year if he comes back from the Columbus camp. Brule doesn't have to play behind Courchaine this year, so his minutes will be up particularly on the powerplay. My guess is 60 goals and 75 assists for 135 pts if he plays the full season. If he misses a dozen games due to the World Junior Tournament then he should finish with about 110 to 115 pts.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Garp said:
Brule won't put 105 in the WHL...

More likely around 90
he had that many last year, and he was injured and a year younger, he should atleast get 10-15 more points

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Fan-of-#9 said:
I hope Zagrapan rips up the Q. I'm excited about this kid. And on Vanek, I think 30 goals is a definite possibility.
yea, i think zags will have a good year, same with vanek, Buffalo is in good hands for the future

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I think most people are overly optimistic with thier expectations for drafted players returning to juniors. These players aren't necessarily going to increase thier point totals exponentially. The fact that you've got almost every CHL player on your list jumping to over 100 points is pretty absurd IMO.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
cagney said:
I think most people are overly optimistic with thier expectations for drafted players returning to juniors. These players aren't necessarily going to increase thier point totals exponentially. The fact that you've got almost every CHL player on your list jumping to over 100 points is pretty absurd IMO.

well lets put it this way
Brule 87 pts to 105
Yellow Horn 85 pts to 100
Zagrapan 82 (in 59 gp) to 110
Latendresse 78 (while recovering from injury) to 110
Pouliot 65 pts to 90

that doesnt seem "absurd" most players make jumps of this size in their 2nd or 3rd seasons in juniors. who on this list will not break 100. i would bet yellow horn or pouliot if any, and maybe latendresse, but i think he will really breakout (did you freakin see him in the 2nd half)

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
hockeyman28 said:
well lets put it this way
Brule 87 pts to 105
Yellow Horn 85 pts to 100
Zagrapan 82 (in 59 gp) to 110
Latendresse 78 (while recovering from injury) to 110
Pouliot 65 pts to 90

that doesnt seem "absurd" most players make jumps of this size in their 2nd or 3rd seasons in juniors. who on this list will not break 100. i would bet yellow horn or pouliot if any, and maybe latendresse, but i think he will really breakout (did you freakin see him in the 2nd half)

I just plain disagree with the notion that every player is going to jump like that. Go look through hockeydb's draft lists and you'll see that players don't always jump the way you're infering they do. Looking through the first rounds from the past five years I could point to Raffi Torres, Jason Spezza, Stephen Weiss, Scott Upshall, Joffrey Lupul, Petr Taticek, Dan Paille, Ben Eager, Jeff Carter, Steve Bernier, Anthony Stewart, Andrew Ladd, Wojtek Wolski... all of these CHL forwards either hovered close to thier draft year ppg averages or dropped off from them. Even the players who really improved thier ppg averages almost never broke 100 points (the only exception I found was Corey Perry), though a few could have if they had played more games (Getzlaf and Richards).

I do expect some players to significantly improve thier ppg averages but I think it's far more likely that none of them break 100 than two or more do it.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
cagney said:
I just plain disagree with the notion that every player is going to jump like that. Go look through hockeydb's draft lists and you'll see that players don't always jump the way you're infering they do. Looking through the first rounds from the past five years I could point to Raffi Torres, Jason Spezza, Stephen Weiss, Scott Upshall, Joffrey Lupul, Petr Taticek, Dan Paille, Ben Eager, Jeff Carter, Steve Bernier, Anthony Stewart, Andrew Ladd, Wojtek Wolski... all of these CHL forwards either hovered close to thier draft year ppg averages or dropped off from them. Even the players who really improved thier ppg averages almost never broke 100 points (the only exception I found was Corey Perry), though a few could have if they had played more games (Getzlaf and Richards).

I do expect some players to significantly improve thier ppg averages but I think it's far more likely that none of them break 100 than two or more do it.
the reason i picked these players in the first place is because i felt they were going to have good seasons. I agree with you in that not all players "jump" like that, but those are the players that i think will (because of injuries, missed games, or just because i think they have gotten alot better). i dont think players like bobby ryan, ryan o'marra, or alex bourret will see improvements because i think they are "maxed out" like the list of players you made seemed to be. But the players i put on the list i feel will have better seasons scoring wise than last.

Vic Rattlehead*

hockeyman28 said:
dont be playa hatn, i live in NC and can honestly say that the Canes have no forwards i want to know about other than Eric Staal, so feel free predict how he'll do, i was just throwing out forwards names whom i am excited about. But any player who you like, tell me how they'll do, im just excited to see what other people think about players that i like.

I guess Cole, Stillman, Whitney, and Vasicek are not important. :sarcasm:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The only way Brule won't get 100 points is if Columbus keeps him with the big team for the 10-game trial at the beginning of the season, before returning him to Vancouver. Even then, he'll still probably get 100.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
bergfors is in his first year in north america, and he is playing for an expansion Q team. i can't see him scoring 100 points.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Chootoi said:
bergfors is in his first year in north america, and he is playing for an expansion Q team. i can't see him scoring 100 points.

Exactly.

And he's playing for an expansion team that did not do very well in the expansion draft. I'd say 30-45-75 should be seen as a very successful first season for Bergfors, given his likely supporting cast with the Fog Devils.

And given the strength of Chicoutimi's roster this season (and given that Boisclair and Lascek are likely back for another go), Zagrapan's numbers could be much larger than that. 130-140 points shouldn't be out of the question should that team live up to its potential, and should he stay healthy.

EDIT: Actually, the likelihood of Zags playing in the WJC again is pretty high, so 110 is probably a good projection. I stand corrected.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
DJAnimosity said:
The only way Brule won't get 100 points is if Columbus keeps him with the big team for the 10-game trial at the beginning of the season, before returning him to Vancouver. Even then, he'll still probably get 100.

He should make the WJC team and therefore miss some games?

Lionheart

Jul 20, 2005
Ottawa
Phil Laugher said:
Exactly.

And he's playing for an expansion team that did not do very well in the expansion draft. I'd say 30-45-75 should be seen as a very successful first season for Bergfors, given his likely supporting cast with the Fog Devils.

And given the strength of Chicoutimi's roster this season (and given that Boisclair and Lascek are likely back for another go), Zagrapan's numbers could be much larger than that. 130-140 points shouldn't be out of the question should that team live up to its potential, and should he stay healthy.

EDIT: Actually, the likelihood of Zags playing in the WJC again is pretty high, so 110 is probably a good projection. I stand corrected.

Is Lascek joining the team later? I can't recall seeing him in any of the pre-season results, though Zagrapan is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->