Predict Opening Night Roster

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Which wingers do JB and Housley think are better than Nylander. That’s a better way to ask it lol.
Housley thinks Tennyson has talent.. why does his opinion matter? Just because hes behind the bench doesn't make him a savant.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Just so everyone knows, Scott Wilson has a 0% chance of getting waived. He was hand picked by JB and signed a 2 year contract. Give up the idea now.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
My lineup for Thursday

Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Sobotka-Okposo
Nylander-Mittlestadt-Berglund
Rodrigues-Girgensons-Pominville
Wilson

Scandella-Risto
McCabe-Dahlin
Pilut-Nelson

Hutton
Ullmark

My gut says that Beaulieu is in over Pilut but a man can dream.

Last edited:

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Because a guy like Berglund can slot in at 2c and take heavy dzone minutes allowing us to give mitts easier match ups while not demoting one of the better pure talents in the league. If he struggles through October sure...demote him then. We aren't winning a cup this year. We burned a year on his elc we aren't going to burn a half year more sending him to rochester.

Thompson eichel reinhart
Sobotka berglund okposo
Sheary mitts skinner
Some combo of leftovers.

This lies on the assumption either sheary or skinner can play both wings.

Between erod, girgs, or larsson someone can center the 4th.

If you're a nylander believer swap him and sobotka and the 4th only gets better if nylander shows up. If you like Olofsson better than tage then swap them too whatever. Fact is mitts can steal sheary and skinner so long as eichel gets reinhart and a promising young winger.
Did you try to create the slowest 2nd line in the league there? Thompson isnt a 1st line player, especially not on a wing he doesnt play. If you wondered Sheary or Skinner could switch sides, but just assumed Thompson could? Skinner isnt the type of player that needs to play some sheltered 3rd line matchup minutes to produce. Put him with Jack and dont overthink it. They played together the whole pre season when both in.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Did you try to create the slowest 2nd line in the league there? Thompson isnt a 1st line player, especially not on a wing he doesnt play. If you wondered Sheary or Skinner could switch sides, but just assumed Thompson could? Skinner isnt the type of player that needs to play some sheltered 3rd line matchup minutes to produce. Put him with Jack and dont overthink it. They played together the whole pre season when both in.
Skinner and Jack may be a good fit and if they are, great. But if it isn't working early, there is also logic to the idea of having Skinner on a separate line as he can drive offense pretty well himself. It's not sheltering him as much as it is spreading out the offensive drivers.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Isn't it a common notion that Jack can lift shearys production while Skinner will get his relative points no matter? Would Skinner waive to come here without thinking he would want to resign? Then logically Skinner would play with a (expectedly productive) Mitts, and sheary with ike. So, none of that will happen...

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Sheary-Jack-Okposo
Skinner-Sam-Wilson
Nylander-Bergie-Pomer
Zemgus-Sobotka-ERod
Larsson

Scandella-Risto
Dahlin-McCabe
Pilut-Borgen
BoLu-Bogo

Hutton/Ullmark

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Did Sheary play in preseason? I know the other Pittsburgh guy didn’t. He going on IR and waived to minors when he’s ready.

Based on preseason any reason to not waive Bailey and Baptiste?

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Hi all,

With the pre-season on the tail end, I thought it could be fun to predict the opening night roster.

Eichel
Reinhart
Mittelstadt
Berglund
Thompson
Sobotka
Sheary
Rodrigues
Skinner
Okposo
Pominville
Nylander
Wilson

Risto
Scandella
Bogosian
McCabe
Dahlin
Nelson
Beaulieu

Hutton
Ullmark
Wedgewood

(Yes I think they will carry 3 goalies)

What do you guys think?

Well there goes the keeping 3 goalies theory. And it was never a good one.

Attachments

• 552F557B-5AB1-43E8-BE4C-106571B7DE06.png
    552F557B-5AB1-43E8-BE4C-106571B7DE06.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 27

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I’m not sure that Mittelstadt has done enough to earn a roster spot. If they were developing him at wing, he’s probably a lock. But I haven’t seen him play at the level of a top 4 center on this roster.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
When the coach talks about competition, it's not just about opening night roster. With inevitable injuries, camp competition is just as much about who gets the first call-ups.

The guys who impressed will get their chance very soon if they don't opening night.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Okposo Eichel Reinhart
Skinner Berglund Sheary
Girgensons Larsson Erod
Moulson Sobotka Pominville

Ex. Wilson

Tennyson Dahlin
Risto Scandella
Bogo Beaulieu

McCabe Xtra

Parked car
Hutton
X Ullmark

This is the faith I have in our management

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sheary - Eichel - Thompson
Skinner - Reinhart - Okposo
Rodrigues - Berglund - Nylander
Wilson - Sobotka - Girgensons
Pominville, Larsson

Pilut - Ristolainen
Scandella - Dahlin
McCabe - Nelson
Beaulieu

Hutton
Ullmark

Let's try this positivity thing for a bit.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Sheary - Eichel - Thompson
Skinner - Reinhart - Okposo
Rodrigues - Berglund - Nylander
Wilson - Sobotka - Girgensons
Pominville, Larsson

Pilut - Ristolainen
Scandella - Dahlin
McCabe - Nelson
Beaulieu

Hutton
Ullmark

Let's try this positivity thing for a bit.

Do you really think they'll give Sam another shot at center? I thought that ship had sailed but who knows.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Did Reinhart play any center in camp/preseason? I don't recall it and that is pretty indicative IMO. We will see

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Do you really think they'll give Sam another shot at center? I thought that ship had sailed but who knows.
Botterill said they will, didn't he?
He didn't center one game in the pre-season, not even with Jack out. There seems to be some miscommunication between the GM and his coach concerning Reinhart's role on the team.

The problem now with getting Reinhart some minutes at center is that in Housley's notebook you'll find a heart with an arrow through it and "Skinner/Eichel/Reinhart forever" etched inside. Same thing happened last season when he fell in love with Eichel/Kane.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
did mitts play center during the preseason ? and did thompson really earn a first line spot like Aladynn saying

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
did mitts play center during the preseason ? and did thompson really earn a first line spot like Aladynn saying
Mitts did play center, not very much time, he averaged like 11 to 12 minutes a night and Thompson looked good for the most part, kinda disappeared against Toronto but then again the entire team did as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad