OT: Predict Millers stats; next 22 games

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
After eight games as a Blue, Miller is now 7-0-1 (22-22-4 overall) has a .933 Sv% (.925 overall) and a 1.61 GAA (2.53 overall.) Pretty damn impressive, his Sv% for the year has actually gone up 2 ticks, of a point and GAA was 2.72 down too 2.53 awesome.

Last edited:

illninofan*

Well, y'know. Miller really hasn't been tested yet. He won't make a difference guys. :shakehead

:sarcasm: (obviously)

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Miller will hit 20-25 game stretches where he is almost unbeatable, and his stamina is incredible, Ruff would run him non stop. While I wouldn't suggest it he could probably play non-stop through the playoffs without too much issue. When hes hot though, don't ever take him out of the net because hes amazing, and it will last for weeks.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There were 23 games left in the season when Miller was acquired I believe. I think I said then he would get 18 and Elliott 5. Looking at it currently, there are three B2Bs left which Hitch will almost assuredly split up, but other than that I'm not sure Miller takes a night off.

So nice to actually have a true #1 goalie :yo:

No disrespect to Halak/Elliott or Mason/Conklin or Brent Johnson/Braithwaite/Beckford "The God" Tseu/Reinhard Devis, but I was really tired of trying to become the first team since the Expansion Era to win a cup with a goalie tandem.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
After eight games as a Blue, Miller is now 7-0-1 (22-22-4 overall) has a .933 Sv% (.925 overall) and a 1.61 GAA (2.53 overall.) Pretty damn impressive, his Sv% for the year has actually gone up 2 ticks, of a point and GAA was 2.72 down too 2.53 awesome.

Lets say it together -- Miller for Vezina! :5:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Lets say it together -- Miller for Vezina! :5:

Miller is a tough case to decide as far as Vezina goes. The save percentage is going to be right in line with the other top contenders, but the GAA going to be much worse (well assuming he doesn't continue to drop off a tenth of a point off it every week :laugh:)

Wins aren't going to go in his favor either. That said very tough to tell me he's not deserving, especially if St. Louis continues to rise and Buffalo continues to tumble in the standings.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Miller is a tough case to decide as far as Vezina goes. The save percentage is going to be right in line with the other top contenders, but the GAA going to be much worse (well assuming he doesn't continue to drop off a tenth of a point off it every week :laugh:)

Wins aren't going to go in his favor either. That said very tough to tell me he's not deserving, especially if St. Louis continues to rise and Buffalo continues to tumble in the standings.

I think Miller is proving what most people already know -- Wins and GAA is very heavily influenced by team in front of goalies.

Miller's play in Buffalo lead to him making the Olympic team after hardly being in the conversation during the summer. He literally was the reason Buffalo won games at all. Having a .923 on the worst team in the league is amazing.

I liken it to the Cy Young award in baseball. If pitchers on the worst teams can win the Cy Young, a goalie on the worst team should be able to win the Vezina if his play is in line with the best.

And hasnt Miller sparked some fire into the Blues? Werent they reeling before they traded for him, and now have won 8 of 9? Hard to argue hes not having as much of an impact for the Blues as theyve had on him, although I havent watched every game.

Is he making difficult saves, or just stopping what he should be? I catch the highlights on NHL live, and very few goals against seem to really be his fault. A lot of bad bounces.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think Miller is proving what most people already know -- Wins and GAA is very heavily influenced by team in front of goalies.

Miller's play in Buffalo lead to him making the Olympic team after hardly being in the conversation during the summer. He literally was the reason Buffalo won games at all. Having a .923 on the worst team in the league is amazing.

I liken it to the Cy Young award in baseball. If pitchers on the worst teams can win the Cy Young, a goalie on the worst team should be able to win the Vezina if his play is in line with the best.

And hasnt Miller sparked some fire into the Blues? Werent they reeling before they traded for him, and now have won 8 of 9? Hard to argue hes not having as much of an impact for the Blues as theyve had on him, although I havent watched every game.

Is he making difficult saves, or just stopping what he should be? I catch the highlights on NHL live, and very few goals against seem to really be his fault. A lot of bad bounces.

I agree with most of this, but to say the Blues were "reeling" is a bit of an exaggeration. They were playing uninspired and just enough to win for a couple weeks prior to the Olympics. They came back from the break looking tired and lost a couple 1-0 games to decent teams, including a lot better game vs Anaheim.

But yes, I think the team responded to the trade of Miller. But part of that was also just the way a team responds after a shake-up. Stewart was sent packing, and I think the guys that survived the deadline felt a little surge of energy. The team also plays more confidently in front of Miller, but Halak was not a scrub. He's got Washington at least close enough to threaten for that last playoff spot, and I'll continue to watch that race with interest (would love to see Martin St Louis and the Rangers miss out on the post-season entirely, after that unprofessional pout session).

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

He's sparked some fire sure. Blues were 6-2-1 in their last 9 prior to the announcement of the Miller trade so I'm not sure I'd say they were reeling.

He's making timely saves and he's got an unmistakable calmness when things start to break down that Halak/Elliott didn't.

I'm not saying Miller shouldn't win the Vezina, just that I can't punish Rask for playing on a good team or not be just as impressed by Ben Bishop.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
He's sparked some fire sure. Blues were 6-2-1 in their last 9 prior to the announcement of the Miller trade so I'm not sure I'd say they were reeling.

He's making timely saves and he's got an unmistakable calmness when things start to break down that Halak/Elliott didn't.

I'm not saying Miller shouldn't win the Vezina, just that I can't punish Rask for playing on a good team or not be just as impressed by Ben Bishop.

I agree with this. I think if Miller closes strong, he should get a nomination. His stats are almost good enough now to challenge Price and Varlamov for the third nomination. Give him a few more games, lower that GAA a bit more and get a handful of wins, I think he's worth a nomination.

But I wouldn't vote for him to win the award.

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
Unless Miller stops letting in those softies he doesn't win the Vezina. Dude needs a shutout or 7. Halak and Elliott can completely shut the door. There's no reason he can't.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I agree with most of this, but to say the Blues were "reeling" is a bit of an exaggeration. They were playing uninspired and just enough to win for a couple weeks prior to the Olympics. They came back from the break looking tired and lost a couple 1-0 games to decent teams, including a lot better game vs Anaheim.

But yes, I think the team responded to the trade of Miller. But part of that was also just the way a team responds after a shake-up. Stewart was sent packing, and I think the guys that survived the deadline felt a little surge of energy. The team also plays more confidently in front of Miller, but Halak was not a scrub. He's got Washington at least close enough to threaten for that last playoff spot, and I'll continue to watch that race with interest (would love to see Martin St Louis and the Rangers miss out on the post-season entirely, after that unprofessional pout session).

Ahhh okay, poor choice of wording. I thought I had heard that they were on a losing streak before he got there. Guess I couldve looked it up to confirm myself, but I didnt.

Anyways, if theres anyone I want to win a cup its Miller. I hope he delivers for you guys.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Ahhh okay, poor choice of wording. I thought I had heard that they were on a losing streak before he got there. Guess I couldve looked it up to confirm myself, but I didnt.

Anyways, if theres anyone I want to win a cup its Miller. I hope he delivers for you guys.

Rereading my comment I don't think I stated it clearly: I think Miller exudes a calming influence that is tangible in how the team plays in front of him. I think the team is playing better now and that their ceiling is higher. Armstrong said that the moves (including Ott) made the Blues 5-6% better. I think that's a highly accurate statement....but since they were already among the elite that kind of upgrade matters. Can't wait to see what this group does in the post-season.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Don't get us wrong though, he's been a clear and significant upgrade. I know there was some fans who didn't think he would be and that kind miffed some Sabre fans but he's definitely the upgrade we needed.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Unless Miller stops letting in those softies he doesn't win the Vezina. Dude needs a shutout or 7. Halak and Elliott can completely shut the door. There's no reason he can't.

Ahhh, the 1 goal Miller shutout. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad