Predict Laine's first Rocket Richard win

What year?

• Total voters

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
92 goals and 212 points is the pinnacle ( Gretzky ) I have seen it and and anything less is just.......not that impressive!!!! 44 goals for Laine...big deal, 60 goals for OV, big deal!!! It will take 93 goals to impress me, every thing else has already been done!!! You have to best it!!

Damn you have some experience with hockey for sure. What do you think about these idiots at the The Hockey News talking about era-adjusted goals?

Top 10 Rocket Richard Trophy candidates for 2018-19

"Laine’s production as a teenager has been historic. Jimmy Carson’s 92 goals are the most by a teenager in NHL history, followed by Dale Hawerchuk’s 85, but it doesn’t take a hockey trivia virtuoso to know Carson and Hawerchuk toiled in the league’s peak offensive years. If we adjust for era with hockey-reference.com’s formula, Carson’s goal total slips to 77, while Hawerchuk’s shrinks to 65. That puts Laine on top at 85 era-adjusted teenage goals. It’s no stretch to call him the best teenage goal-scorer in NHL history."

Lovedemfanboys

Oct 25, 2017
92 goals and 212 points is the pinnacle ( Gretzky ) I have seen it and and anything less is just.......not that impressive!!!! 44 goals for Laine...big deal, 60 goals for OV, big deal!!! It will take 93 goals to impress me, every thing else has already been done!!! You have to best it!!

Are you intentionally trying to make Leafs fans look bad? There's a obvious trolling like IPS does and then there's this. I really hope you are not serious.

As for the topic, I would guess that it will take at least 2 years till he wins one.

Reactions: dukeofjive

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Lets see, he played useless Dallas Stars like 7-8 times where the goalie couldn't stop a beach ball! How many goals would he have if you take away against Dallas 32? not that impressive if you ask me!!! And stop with the age thing it gets really tiresome!!!

I will be impressed when and if he scores 93 goals with none of this era adjustment BS!!!
They're in the same division. They'll be playing vs Dallas a lot regardless.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
It is not an insult to say never. Any time it is 1 player vs the field, the field has certain advantages.

Absolutely right. I think only Hull and OV have beat the field through their primes in goals and Wayne in points.

That said, I think Laine wins this year or next. He's that good

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Lmao @ the fastest skater competition.

It's akin to one of those punching machines at bars. If you hit that thing the right way you can hit harder than a lot of UFC fighters. Elite skating in the NHL is all about edges and acceleration. Laine accelerates like an oak tree.

And still scores more goals than Matthews.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Could be this year, maybe. People compare his shot to Ovi but I think it’s a lot more accurate. Laine picks his shot and is a better sniper, Ovi is a machine gunner that scores with repetition. Either way it’s just a matter of time.

Laine's shot is better, Ovi's better at scoring for other reasons.

Ovechkin had 355 shots last year, Laine had 241. Laine needs to get better at generating shots. I imagine he would've scored more if he would've had 114 more shots on goal

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Coach Maurice
Year end talk with Laine...

"Get ready to play more minutes".

Laine comes in the training camp around 10 pounds lighter.

Dreger then ask him in an interview.
What part of his game he still need to work on.
" scoring goals"

Rocket this year !!!

Laine is fast when he gets going. With lighter weight, comes better acceleration.

Glimpse of dominance

He was 17 years old here.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

1975-2012.jpg

url

Wonder why they scored a boatload of goals back in time?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
1975-2012.jpg

url

Wonder why they scored a boatload of goals back in time?

Btw, 1981-1982 season Oilers scored 417 goals. Gretzky logged around 23-25min/g. Doing a little math there and if Winnipeg would score 140 more goals and Laine would log 8min/g more, he would also have quite respectable numbers... Actually he would have 87g.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Btw, 1981-1982 season Oilers scored 417 goals. Gretzky logged around 23-25min/g. Doing a little math there and if Winnipeg would score 140 more goals and Laine would log 8min/g more, he would also have quite respectable numbers... Actually he would have 87g.
Seriously. Stop.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Laine's shot is better, Ovi's better at scoring for other reasons.

Ovechkin had 355 shots last year, Laine had 241. Laine needs to get better at generating shots. I imagine he would've scored more if he would've had 114 more shots on goal

Ovechkin has maybe the greatest release ever. His ability to get dangerous shots off is a shooting ability in itself.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Whenever matty gets injured ;) /s. Who knows, but i'd wager he gets one sometime soon. Even as a leafs fan I can certainly appreciate laine. Beauty of a shot.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Coach Maurice
Year end talk with Laine...

"Get ready to play more minutes".

Laine comes in the training camp around 10 pounds lighter.

Dreger then ask him in an interview.
What part of his game he still need to work on.
" scoring goals"

Rocket this year !!!

Laine is fast when he gets going. With lighter weight, comes better acceleration.

Glimpse of dominance

He was 17 years old here.

YAWN!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad