Predict Laine's first Rocket Richard win

What year?

• Total voters

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I could see him winning as soon as next year but I want Ovi to win as much as possible so hopefully in 3+ years

Reactions: dukeofjive

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Don't think Laine is ever winning the rocket. His skating is garbage and it'll very much limit any improvements. Very telling how Maurice does not have him on the top line again. He knows Laine has no business being in a top-line role.

Seriously dude... [mod]

ANYWAY, as a response to OP, probably 2 years

Last edited by a moderator:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hahahah so you are showing us the 2 worst skaters in the NHL..........Good one!!!
Btw what's NOT relevant is Bo Horvat and what he's doing, what's relevant is Laine's time(Faster than MacKinnon btw).

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Btw what's NOT relevant is Bo Horvat and what he's doing, what's relevant is Laine's time(Faster than MacKinnon btw).
Lmao @ the fastest skater competition.

It's akin to one of those punching machines at bars. If you hit that thing the right way you can hit harder than a lot of UFC fighters. Elite skating in the NHL is all about edges and acceleration. Laine accelerates like an oak tree.

Reactions: thunder16

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
People that realize winning a Rocket isn't gauranteed?

Ya, I dislike these leading questions. They're lazy, looking for positive affirmation - and like too many things nowadays are just an echo chamber.

I think Laine is a gifted goal-scorer and might win multiple Richards. - I'd play the odds and say that he won't win any. It's not that I dislike the Jets or Laine - I'm actually a fan but...

Ovechkin is still around. Malkin is still there. Vets like Seguin, Crosby, Tavares, Marchand, Tarasenko, Kucherov, Stamkos, W. Karlsson, etc. will still be up there while young guys like McDavid, Matthews, Pastrnak, Boeser, etc. are going to be giving him some tough competition. And I'm sure a few guys will come out of the blue and give it a run. I take the field all day.

I mean - go back to 2006. Find me one person that would've predicted Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin would only combine for 5 Art Ross trophies up to this point in their careers. Or 2009 after all three won one in the previous three seasons - that they'd only combine for two more.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017

You do know a lot of players don't try hard for these skill competitions?...It's usually a fun weekend not serious competitions!!!! Thats why I quit watching the allstar games. Figures it's some Finns that takes pre season games like last year for Laine seriously along with allstar comps while no one else does!!!!

Take the Allstar skills and pre-season with a grain of salt!

Some of you Finns keep saying Laine has the hardest shot in the league, acording to the allstar skills Chara still holds the hardest shot if I'm not mistaken, too lazy to check it out!!!!

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Lmao @ the fastest skater competition.

It's akin to one of those punching machines at bars. If you hit that thing the right way you can hit harder than a lot of UFC fighters. Elite skating in the NHL is all about edges and acceleration. Laine accelerates like an oak tree.
So how did such an ineffective player score 44 goals before his 20th birthday?

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
So how did such an ineffective player score 44 goals before his 20th birthday?

Lets see, he played useless Dallas Stars like 7-8 times where the goalie couldn't stop a beach ball! How many goals would he have if you take away against Dallas 32? not that impressive if you ask me!!! And stop with the age thing it gets really tiresome!!!

I will be impressed when and if he scores 93 goals with none of this era adjustment BS!!!

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Lets see, he played useless Dallas Stars like 7-8 times where the goalie couldn't stop a beach ball! How many goals would he have if you take away against Dallas 32? not that impressive if you ask me!!! And stop with the age thing it gets really tiresome!!!

I will be impressed when and if he scores 93 goals with none of this era adjustment BS!!!
If memory serves me correct it was the year before that he scored on Dallas a lot. 93 goals to impress you? Who’s the last player that impressed you?

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
If memory serves me correct it was the year before that he scored on Dallas a lot. 93 goals to impress you? Who’s the last player that impressed you?

Since I have been a Hockey fan since 1960, I can name a boat load! Why waste my time naming the greats from then till now!!!!! figure it out.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Since I have been a Hockey fan since 1960, I can name a boat load! Why waste my time naming the greats from then till now!!!!! figure it out.
I just asked for the last one not all of them, because if it takes 93 goals to impress you. You must have ultra high standards.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
I just asked for the last one not all of them, because if it takes 93 goals to impress you. You must have ultra high standards.

92 goals and 212 points is the pinnacle ( Gretzky ) I have seen it and and anything less is just.......not that impressive!!!! 44 goals for Laine...big deal, 60 goals for OV, big deal!!! It will take 93 goals to impress me, every thing else has already been done!!! You have to best it!!

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
92 goals and 212 points is the pinnacle ( Gretzky ) I have seen it and and anything less is just.......not that impressive!!!! 44 goals for Laine...big deal, 60 goals for OV, big deal!!! It will take 93 goals to impress me, every thing else has already been done!!! You have to best it!!

As a D-man Bobby Orr, 44 goals and 144 points! thats what will impress me the rest has all been done!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad